“Awesome Custom Tour of CDMX & La Roma”
Review of Stylewalk MX

Stylewalk MX
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Modern, loveable, Mexico City! Private customizable tours · Flexible itineraries · Dynamic, professional guides . Choose from bite-sized private WALKING tours such as MX Design Showcase or Downtown Street Art & Graffiti (GREAT for families) or SEATED mezcal and wine tastings · Our CHAUFFEURED Flexi City, Pyramids, or Architecture day-trips come with private driver-guide & luxury transport - we tailor to you. Safe & secure 24/7 airport transfers · Stylewalk MX provides a one-off opportunity to get to know authentic Mexico City with upbeat knowledgeable professional guides, that keep your personal safety & happiness foremost on the agenda · Don't get home and discover you missed out on the best of this incredible, eclectic city! Our Tour Coordinator is happy to answer your enquiries via phone, SMS, or whatsapp, during office hours ( Mon-Fri, 09:30am-5:30pm, Central Standard Time) · Let us know what's on your wishlist!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed June 4, 2017

When traveling to new cities, I never go the organized tour route, and prefer to look up all the interesting places to check out - to me, that's half the fun of traveling! It also seems like most tour guides are a one-size-fits-all, without much of a personality or unique point of view.

I recently traveled to Mexico City for business and had an extra day to explore the city. CDMX is huge (even for someone from LA!) and there is so much to see. I wanted to maximize my day and quickly researched tours, deciding on a 6-hour personal tour with StylewalkMX. What I found most appealing was the customization and vibe I got from the website, which seemed like a good fit for someone like me who wanted to see the major sights, get a feel for the rich culture, and just as important, eating & shopping! While it was more expensive than a canned group tour, it was definitely worth it in my opinion - I was able to customize what I wanted to see, there was a private driver, escorted walking tours, and get access to restaurants/galleries that are hard to get.

In the first leg of the tour, I ended up doing a mini-tour of the city center - Bellas Artes, Catedral, Palacio Nacional, and Templo Mayor (my favorite). Because time was short and I love museums and could spend a very long time in each, I opted not to visit them on this trip - next time! Caesar was a great tour guide, super knowledgeable about each sight and a good sense of humor. It was a bit hot when we went, so recommend hats, water, etc.

The second leg of the tour was the "Hipster La Roma" tour with Laura. The La Roma area is dope, with a lot of boutiques, galleries, coffee shops. Yes, it's very hipster, but I love how it's all still got a very local vibe. La Roma reminds me of Silverlake in LA, Abboy Kinney (5 years ago), Brooklyn (5 years ago), Marais, Shoreditch, etc. Check out the Goop's mini- guide of Mexico City, turns out the restaurant Laura was able to snag reservations for, El Parnita, is also featured.

The tour with Laura was awesome! We explored all these cool shops, galleries, and restaurants, many of which are tucked away down driveways behind gates where you have to be buzzed in. It was like having your best friend show you all their secret haunts - I loved it and totally recommend this tour!

All reviews
"visiting mexico city"
in 9 reviews
"great insight"

Reviewed May 24, 2017

Our tour was great! Jocan was knowledgable, personable and it felt like a new friend was taking us around Centro Historico. We loved the hidden locations, such as inside the hostel or the gallery. We also got a great feel for the history of the neighborhood!

1  Thank Katherine M
Reviewed May 13, 2017

Very well organised walking tour. Great communication and responsiveness. Couldn't have asked for better. The walk was fun as well. Unbelievable works from a whole host of international artists. Mind blowing and sets Mexico on the centre stage for world leading urban art. Do not miss!

Reviewed May 8, 2017

We booked a street art tour with Claudio for our group of five adults and a baby. Claudio was so fun and charming, and because he's an artist himself he was able to give us great background about the history of street art. We walked around Centro Historico for several hours, taking breaks for coffee and drinks when we needed. Claudio taught us how to "read" the murals and we had an interactive lesson on how to do our own tags.

Overall we had a blast and this was definitely one of the highlights of our trip!

Date of experience: January 2017