“Street Art Tour ”
Review of Stylewalk MX

Stylewalk MX
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Modern, loveable, Mexico City! Private customizable tours · Flexible itineraries · Dynamic, professional guides . Choose from bite-sized private WALKING tours such as MX Design Showcase or Downtown Street Art & Graffiti (GREAT for families) or SEATED mezcal and wine tastings · Our CHAUFFEURED Flexi City, Pyramids, or Architecture day-trips come with private driver-guide & luxury transport - we tailor to you. Safe & secure 24/7 airport transfers · Stylewalk MX provides a one-off opportunity to get to know authentic Mexico City with upbeat knowledgeable professional guides, that keep your personal safety & happiness foremost on the agenda · Don't get home and discover you missed out on the best of this incredible, eclectic city! Our Tour Coordinator is happy to answer your enquiries via phone, SMS, or whatsapp, during office hours ( Mon-Fri, 09:30am-5:30pm, Central Standard Time) · Let us know what's on your wishlist!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed April 23, 2017 via mobile

My coworker and I went on this tour in April 2017. We loved it! Jocan was an excellent tour guide. He provided great insight to each piece of art and we had a lot of excellent discussions around them. I would highly recommend this Tour, especially if you have an infinity and appreciation for street art. Loved it!
Erica

"art scene"
"actual street"
"insightful tour"
in 2 reviews
"totally recommend this tour"
"local street"
"trip to mexico city"
in 8 reviews
"local art"

Reviewed April 23, 2017

Highest recommendation. I did two tours with StyleWalk and both were fantastic and absolute highlights of Mexico City.

Catherine hosted a walking tour featuring street art, architecture and hip shopping. She gets major props since my schedule forced this tour to take place on a Monday when a lot of galleries/shops might be closed and she made sure who was opened and got some places to open us for us. She also featured some fabulous street art that is private or off the readily accessible paths. Catherine also set up an excellent Mexican wine tasting with a winemaker/wine shop owner. Absolutely a first rate tour.

David hosted a mezcal tasting which was excellent. I work in the drinks biz, so it was especially appreciated that the tasting built off my previous experiences. His knowledge was superb. The mescalero/owner of the bar was also amazingly detailed. The overall experience was top-notch.

Overall, StyleWalkMX was excellent in every way. Great communication and flexibility as well as amazingly detailed knowledge of the city and the niches in which I was interested.

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed April 6, 2017

I actually discovered Stylewalk MX here on Tripadvisor after reaching out to another company who gave me the run around for week. Once I got in touch with Laura is was like night and day. She was very responsive and tried to accommodate everything we wanted to do in our very short trip. The itinerary was solidified fairly quickly and booking was straight forward. Before our arrival Laura resent the itinerary for each day of the tour as well as the information for our guide.

We did 2 days of tours with Cesar and we had a great time. He arrived at our location early and gave us a lot of information before even arriving to each destination without being overwhelming (as many guides can be at times). There were 4 of us on the tour and he fielded all our questions professionally and made us very comfortable right away. We were really impressed with how everything was handled by Stylewalk and would not hesitate to use them again or recommend them to others. I am so glad that we found this company because they exceeded our expectations and made our trip to Mexico City very enjoyable and memorable.

Date of experience: April 2017
Laura-StylewalkMX, Owner at Stylewalk MX, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2017

It was an absolute pleasure to be of service!! Holidays are precious moments where time and opportunities can't be ever be replayed or recovered, so we try our utmost best to make your wishlist come true in the best possible way. That's certainly what I want to happen when I go on holiday!

And many thanks for your comments about our historic & cultural guide, Cesar. He is an integral part of our team. He has been a guide for over 18 years so he knows when to delve into factual info, and when to just keep things light. It's an art, so I am super glad you appreciated it.

We hope we have the chance to assist you again. It was a complete pleasure to help make some great moments together!

Best,
Laura

Reviewed April 5, 2017

I enjoyed the tour with Em last week. It was a nice way to see a really cool, artistic part of the city and go into some nooks and corners we otherwise would not have seen. You'll leave with a lot of really awesome photos as well and a taste of the street art culture and politics of the place. And it was cool that he is an actual artist whose work we could see along the way so we got the insider scoop in many ways. The only downside was that the tour was shorter than advertised (1hr45 instead of 2.5hrs) but that didn't really take away from it too much. If you're looking for a different experience in CDMX, definitely try this!

See more reviews
Reviewed April 1, 2017

As a New Yorker who sees a ton of art in traditional venues, I was very interested
in seeing the street art of Mexico City. My tour guide, Jocan, was the perfect guide;
he is an artist himself, is very good at explaining the history of the work, and
has very well thought out ideas about what separates the original from the
ordinary. The tour was well planned and well curated; Jocan has a ton of information
and is happy to share it - his enthusiasm is very contagious! He also knows exactly
when and where to stop for a coffee! Book his tour - there is no way you will
stumble upon these things just walking the streets - they are truly hidden treasures!

Date of experience: March 2017
Laura-StylewalkMX, Owner at Stylewalk MX, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2017

We are really pleased to hear your morning touring Street Art with Jocan was exceptional. This is a high honor coming from a New Yorker who has seen so much art in their lives!
Jocan is a well loved member of our team of guides. He has a great way with people and personally knows a lot of the prominent figures in the Street Art scene here in Mexico City, which makes for some fun stories and a fascinating way of getting up close to these artworks.
Many thanks for sending us your comments!
Best,