Book In Advance
Tours from Stylewalk MX tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Stylewalk MX
from $36.30
from $363.00
from $256.00
from $42.78
More Info
All reviews street art tour la roma walking tour spray paint amazing street art private street art scene actual street insightful tour totally recommend this tour local street private driver mezcal tasting great tour interesting architecture trip to mexico city local art
Reviewed September 20, 2015

tl;dr: Laura basically made our week long trip to Mexico City.

We found her on Trip Advisor, and ended up being the only people on her walking tour of La Roma and Condesa. We discovered tons of local art, beautiful buildings, weird little stores, coffee shops, restaurants, wine bars, and even a great hair salon, all in the course of an afternoon stroll on a balmy winter day in Mexico City. We spent most of the rest of our week there revisiting these spots and really getting a feel for the city, and what I assume is the seasoned expat's experience of it.

Laura herself is just absolutely awesome: very friendly, relaxed, clearly knows her way about town. Can't wait to get back to take some of her other tours.

Date of experience: January 2015
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Laura-Walkit, Owner at Stylewalk MX, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2015

It was a wonderful day together! I really loved meeting you both and having a sense of what you'd love and not love! So much fun to see your responses - it still makes me smile to remember it!! You are both incredibly fun and open by nature so I can honestly say it was real treat for me to deliver some of that enthusiasm back.
I am glad to know we mapped out a route that fed your freetime later. That is a big part of it. You may not fit everything into 3 hours but if you are planning to come back I always try to make sure you are armed for Round 2- without training wheels!
Sending you both a big hug from Mexico City :)

Reviewed August 23, 2015 via mobile

I had a great referral of Laura and Walk IT from another local tour company. I had a lovely evening with Laura exploring the La Roma area for 3 hours. She took me to a couple of very hip and fun art galleries, popped in to a restaurant to see some great murals on the walls, ran in to an artist working on a mural and talked with him, went to a book store, and landed in a local bar for a cocktail. Since I was solo it was a perfect private tour and I felt like I was hanging out with a friend. Laura really knows the area, recommended a great restaurant, and it was a pleasure to get to know her and this area of Mexico City. I highly recommend her.

Date of experience: August 2015

Such a delight to take you out! This tour was a first in my books :) A private night-time tour including not only bars, but also art openings, Roma's eclectic architectural fabric (via streetlight!), a few murals before it got too dark to see the details, a bit of late night window-shopping, and the chance to check out Roma's random and eclectic street life on a normal happy Wednesday night.
Thankyou for putting your trust in me to take you out! It's not an average person who wants to touchdown here in the thick of things...far from it....but sure enough Mexico City got bigger and more fun for it!
I am looking forward to the sequel :)
All the best,

Reviewed August 13, 2015

Nearing the end of our week-long vacation, I wanted to treat my wife to a special tour through the quaint neighborhoods of La Roma and Condesa. While I am an uber-researcher, I knew I wouldn't be able to give her the goods like a real local would – and that's where Laura and the Walk It Tour waltzed right in.

We started our 5 hour La Roma and Condesa Tour in a back room of La Broka restaurant, where Laura set up a private wine tasting with Chef Cesar and his crew. Glowing with delicious Mexican wine and a taste of citrusy refreshing ceviche, we walked through the bohemian La Roma side streets. The entire time Laura would call attention to street art, architecture, and quirky shops that my wife went crazy for. I felt my wife and Laura bond like long lost best-friends and it made me smile to see her this happy.

Another highlight was going through the trendy Mercado Roma, where we sampled some treats (including grasshoppers!), picked up coffee, jams, and salsa.

Condesa felt more residential than it's more Bohemian neighbor of La Roma, but Condesa's many parks, tree-lined streets, and Art-Deco structures made it a wonderful visit.

Laura set up a private art tour at the Advent Design building. We saw some unique pieces and installations and met some lovely people, including an artist.

Nearing the end of the tour, Laura walked us to a special one-day art-fair called The New Society where 50 modern creatives showcased their crafts, art, fashion, and wares in a buzzing vibe where Mexico City's beautiful people mingled. My wife was in heaven.

So if you are looking for a specialized, informative tour of La Roma and Condesa – Walk It is it.
My wife still talks about the tour to this day and Laura was a huge part of it.

Laura is the perfect guide – smart, hip, funny, positive, and passionate. Even though she is originally from New Zealand, she is just like us – someone who has come to Mexico City and through the people, food, art and it's racing pulse – has fallen in love with it.

Date of experience: July 2015
1  Thank Jonathan C
Laura-Walkit, Owner at Stylewalk MX, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2015

It was indeed a glorious day for me too! Apart from the fact that I adore you both, one of the things that really helped make this a successful day was the communication we had leading up to the tour. You were fabulous in expressing what you hoped for the day, the context in which your visit was happening, and the feedback you were given as our plans started to take shape. These details enabled me to piece together the kind of dynamic you have and your approach to a fun day! Especially as this was a sort of surprise gift for your wife, we both wanted it to be a positive one!
Your wife's amazing blog, and the info you gave me about your career path, also really helped me to get a clear visual and social sense of the vibe you were after. And voila, we did indeed have a great day together!
It was an utter pleasure to spend time with you both and I hope we have the chance to create an awesome follow-up chapter sometime in the very near future :)
Wishing you both the best with all onward art, design and personal development adventures!

Reviewed August 3, 2015

Laura A. took me on a visit through Roma and Condesa district of Mexico City. Laura showed me some wonderful buildings (art deco, another style name after Porfirio Diaz). We visited craft shops, restaurants, art gallery, cafes, and parks in the neighbor. Roma and Condesa are a diverse neighborhood of people and many artists. Laura showed me some street art (graffiti). She was very knowledgeable and knew which paintings were done by specific artist(s) and described their unique style. If you want to take learn something about about contemporary Mexico City, then Laura is a great guide. I really enjoyed a cup of strong coffee and pastry with Laura as a sing guitar player walked by. Visit Mexico City and follow Laura on a wonderful trip.

Date of experience: July 2015
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Laura-Walkit, Owner at Stylewalk MX, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2015

Yes, we had a lovely synchrioncity of things to see that day. I was so happy you got to hear some live music and see some unusual art. I am always amazed at how Roma and Condesa never cease to pull-through in new configurations for each different client!
Many thanks for your fabulous questions and your genuine curiosity. It is truly heart-warming to know you enjoyed your day as much as I did :)

Reviewed August 3, 2015

Laura gave us a great street tour showing us the behind the scenes of Central district of Mexico City from street tagging to large surreal pop murals in places that where on and off the street. We saw both free formed and government commissioned murals.

She would explain the political overtones of some of the pieces in a way that gave us greater understanding to this short lived art form.

If you read "Juxtapose" or "High Fructose" magazine this tour is a must see!

Date of experience: August 2015

I am so happy your family enjoyed the experience!!

MX graffiti is definitely evolving as a result of a particular context at a particular time, so it was great to hear how it contrasted with some of the other pieces you've seen in the world.

You'll have to come back! We both know it will have a whole new look and a new meaning. That's part of its intrinsic beauty!

All the best, and happy world adventures,