“Take A Walk With A New Found Friend...”
Review of Stylewalk MX

Stylewalk MX
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Modern, loveable, Mexico City! Private customizable tours · Flexible itineraries · Dynamic, professional guides . Choose from bite-sized private WALKING tours such as MX Design Showcase or Downtown Street Art & Graffiti (GREAT for families) or SEATED mezcal and wine tastings · Our CHAUFFEURED Flexi City, Pyramids, or Architecture day-trips come with private driver-guide & luxury transport - we tailor to you. Safe & secure 24/7 airport transfers · Stylewalk MX provides a one-off opportunity to get to know authentic Mexico City with upbeat knowledgeable professional guides, that keep your personal safety & happiness foremost on the agenda · Don't get home and discover you missed out on the best of this incredible, eclectic city! Our Tour Coordinator is happy to answer your enquiries via phone, SMS, or whatsapp, during office hours ( Mon-Fri, 09:30am-5:30pm, Central Standard Time) · Let us know what's on your wishlist!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed August 13, 2015

Nearing the end of our week-long vacation, I wanted to treat my wife to a special tour through the quaint neighborhoods of La Roma and Condesa. While I am an uber-researcher, I knew I wouldn't be able to give her the goods like a real local would – and that's where Laura and the Walk It Tour waltzed right in.

We started our 5 hour La Roma and Condesa Tour in a back room of La Broka restaurant, where Laura set up a private wine tasting with Chef Cesar and his crew. Glowing with delicious Mexican wine and a taste of citrusy refreshing ceviche, we walked through the bohemian La Roma side streets. The entire time Laura would call attention to street art, architecture, and quirky shops that my wife went crazy for. I felt my wife and Laura bond like long lost best-friends and it made me smile to see her this happy.

Another highlight was going through the trendy Mercado Roma, where we sampled some treats (including grasshoppers!), picked up coffee, jams, and salsa.

Condesa felt more residential than it's more Bohemian neighbor of La Roma, but Condesa's many parks, tree-lined streets, and Art-Deco structures made it a wonderful visit.

Laura set up a private art tour at the Advent Design building. We saw some unique pieces and installations and met some lovely people, including an artist.

Nearing the end of the tour, Laura walked us to a special one-day art-fair called The New Society where 50 modern creatives showcased their crafts, art, fashion, and wares in a buzzing vibe where Mexico City's beautiful people mingled. My wife was in heaven.

So if you are looking for a specialized, informative tour of La Roma and Condesa – Walk It is it.
My wife still talks about the tour to this day and Laura was a huge part of it.

Laura is the perfect guide – smart, hip, funny, positive, and passionate. Even though she is originally from New Zealand, she is just like us – someone who has come to Mexico City and through the people, food, art and it's racing pulse – has fallen in love with it.

1  Thank Jonathan C
Laura-Walkit, Owner at Stylewalk MX, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2015

It was indeed a glorious day for me too! Apart from the fact that I adore you both, one of the things that really helped make this a successful day was the communication we had leading up to the tour. You were fabulous in expressing what you hoped for the day, the context in which your visit was happening, and the feedback you were given as our plans started to take shape. These details enabled me to piece together the kind of dynamic you have and your approach to a fun day! Especially as this was a sort of surprise gift for your wife, we both wanted it to be a positive one!
Your wife's amazing blog, and the info you gave me about your career path, also really helped me to get a clear visual and social sense of the vibe you were after. And voila, we did indeed have a great day together!
It was an utter pleasure to spend time with you both and I hope we have the chance to create an awesome follow-up chapter sometime in the very near future :)
Wishing you both the best with all onward art, design and personal development adventures!

All reviews
"visiting mexico city"
in 9 reviews
"great insight"

Reviewed August 3, 2015

Laura A. took me on a visit through Roma and Condesa district of Mexico City. Laura showed me some wonderful buildings (art deco, another style name after Porfirio Diaz). We visited craft shops, restaurants, art gallery, cafes, and parks in the neighbor. Roma and Condesa are a diverse neighborhood of people and many artists. Laura showed me some street art (graffiti). She was very knowledgeable and knew which paintings were done by specific artist(s) and described their unique style. If you want to take learn something about about contemporary Mexico City, then Laura is a great guide. I really enjoyed a cup of strong coffee and pastry with Laura as a sing guitar player walked by. Visit Mexico City and follow Laura on a wonderful trip.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Laura-Walkit, Owner at Stylewalk MX, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2015

Yes, we had a lovely synchrioncity of things to see that day. I was so happy you got to hear some live music and see some unusual art. I am always amazed at how Roma and Condesa never cease to pull-through in new configurations for each different client!
Many thanks for your fabulous questions and your genuine curiosity. It is truly heart-warming to know you enjoyed your day as much as I did :)

Reviewed August 3, 2015

Laura gave us a great street tour showing us the behind the scenes of Central district of Mexico City from street tagging to large surreal pop murals in places that where on and off the street. We saw both free formed and government commissioned murals.

She would explain the political overtones of some of the pieces in a way that gave us greater understanding to this short lived art form.

If you read "Juxtapose" or "High Fructose" magazine this tour is a must see!

Date of experience: August 2015

I am so happy your family enjoyed the experience!!

MX graffiti is definitely evolving as a result of a particular context at a particular time, so it was great to hear how it contrasted with some of the other pieces you've seen in the world.

You'll have to come back! We both know it will have a whole new look and a new meaning. That's part of its intrinsic beauty!

All the best, and happy world adventures,

Reviewed August 3, 2015

I thoroughly enjoyed our walking tour of Mexico City.
We wanted to see Mexico city, to see some street art and also some of Mexico's famous murals.
Laura tailored a perfect walking tour for us. It took us to places we would not have found by ourselves. Under Lauras guidance we strolled through beautiful parts of the city, found hidden treasures and learnt so much about Mexico - art, history and culture.
This is a great way to see a fantastic city.

1  Thank ALimNZ

I am glad you fell in love with the city as well! The main thing for me is to try to understand what are your ingredients for a perfect first-timer's day in Mexico City. Not everyone is looking for the same thing, and in your case it was an unusual mix of the most contemporary street art mixed with the most grand and historic interiors the city has to offer. So pleased you told me your wishlist in full and I was able to to deliver!

Hope to see you again soon!