“Fun, informative, relaxed; a perfect tour”
Review of Stylewalk MX

Stylewalk MX
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Modern, loveable, Mexico City! Private customizable tours · Flexible itineraries · Dynamic, professional guides . Choose from bite-sized private WALKING tours such as MX Design Showcase or Downtown Street Art & Graffiti (GREAT for families) or SEATED mezcal and wine tastings · Our CHAUFFEURED Flexi City, Pyramids, or Architecture day-trips come with private driver-guide & luxury transport - we tailor to you. Safe & secure 24/7 airport transfers · Stylewalk MX provides a one-off opportunity to get to know authentic Mexico City with upbeat knowledgeable professional guides, that keep your personal safety & happiness foremost on the agenda · Don't get home and discover you missed out on the best of this incredible, eclectic city! Our Tour Coordinator is happy to answer your enquiries via phone, SMS, or whatsapp, during office hours ( Mon-Fri, 09:30am-5:30pm, Central Standard Time) · Let us know what's on your wishlist!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 25, 2015 via mobile

Laura was a fantastic guide. She was extremely informative and knowledgable. You can get that from multiple guides. What set her apart was here fun attitude and engaging personality. She seamlessly jumped between aiming the information to myself, my wife, and our 14yo son. Truly a great day.

Date of experience: July 2015
Laura-Walkit, Owner at Stylewalk MX, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2015

It was truly a pleasure spending the day with the three of you! You were so very relaxed and open in your approach. Hands down, I have to say what you have built together wins the Walk it Family of the Year award. May there be many more families like this in the world!
Hope to see you here again soon!

All reviews
"art scene"
"actual street"
"insightful tour"
in 2 reviews
"totally recommend this tour"
"local street"
"trip to mexico city"
in 8 reviews
"local art"

Reviewed July 23, 2015 via mobile

I had the best day of my holiday in Mexico city with the effervescent Laura. Firstly, Laura really helps with feeling comfortable safety wise in the city, important for a solo female traveller. In Condesa and Roma there are kitsch diners, amazing cafes, bustling trendy markets, hidden antique shops with gems waiting to be discovered: I would have missed most of it if not for Laura. As she put it, she filters out the rubbish so you get the most out of the precious time you have there. Trendy, friendly and fun! Wish I had booked more with her

1  Thank vonn1
Laura-Walkit, Owner at Stylewalk MX, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2015

It was an utter delight to make your day!!!
It always helps when a person has a clear idea about what they like and don't like to see, so we can maximise our time together. You gave me a comprehensive list (and well in-advance) and this allowed me time to prepare and trace out the best route for a person with interests as truly eclectic as yours!

Let's do round two at the antiques market!

All the best,

Reviewed July 19, 2015

We had the most fabulous afternoon with fellow kiwi, Laura. She was recommended by another tour company, and we weren't let down. She gave us a walking tour around Condesa and Roma, showing us special restaurants, boutique shops, and phenomonal street art and galleries. Our trip was peppered with anecdotes about the history of the places, giving the neighbourhoods context and personality. She has a huge love of art, and it was incredibly infectious and inspiring. Laura is also a very friendly, fun person, who makes it quite easy to spend a few hours with. Would highly recommend!!

1  Thank Shoshana2015
Laura-Walkit, Owner at Stylewalk MX, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2015

It was a delightful day for me too! I am really glad to hear you had exactly the arty, local, eclectic experience were hoping for. I do love it when my clients get enthused by the incredible artistic talent here. Most of it is well beyond the international radar which I think makes it even more fantastical to discover.

I hope we get to see you back in Mexico City again very very soon!

Reviewed July 3, 2015

When I contacted her, I did not realize she was specialized in offering guided visits to places in Mexico City to be visited by walking.

But this was not a problem for Laura, she is an incredibly helpful person.

We were a group of 6 people, we had many plans about places we wanted to visit and so little time for all that. Laura was always patient, helped me to correct the itineraries in the best way, she even gave me recommendations for things we could do without her services.

In the end, we agreed three tours which were very good.

1. On Wednesday we did the tour of Urban Art and Graffiti, we walked for two and a half hours, and we visited places we would never have seen on our own. Highly recommended.

2. On Friday, a car was waiting at the hotel desk, Laura was there to introduce ourselves to Javier who lead us to Teotihucan. Javier is a driver and also guide, very knowledgeable about their culture and very friendly. At 4 pm we are again with Laura on a Restaurant for lunch. (She consulted us if we wanted to go there, this was the only experience that we do not enjoy at all, but it was not her fault. We were very hungry and the portions were a bit small, plus a little expensive).
After lunch, Laura contacted UBER services to go to an educational Mezcal tasting on "LA CLANDESTINA". We tried different kinds of Mezcal and learned about them, great experience. And after that, she contacted UBER again to go to the hotel to leave cameras and change clothes to go to the "LUCHA LIBRE". Laura lead us, plus he had bought tickets the day before in very good location, and after the fighting she made sure we got to our hotel.

On Saturday a car was waiting at the hotel desk, this time our driver and guide was Raul. Also very knowledgeable of all cultural issues. Laura and Raul lead us to Puebla. Laura volunteered to go shopping with one of the people in our group who did not enjoy the cultural aspect as much as the others and so we could see in detail with the help of Raul elsewhere.

Thanks Laura for all your help and kindness.

Date of experience: June 2015

It was a very diverse itinerary that we put together! Wrestling, mezcal, churches, the pyramids, street art! I am glad that we found a way to fit in all your interests. The most important thing for me is to listen to my clients and to adapt the day (or in this case, the week!) to suit your needs.
It was a great honour, and a responsibility, to create your first ever trip to Mexico!

I hope to see you here again soon!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 18, 2015

If you like unique experiences, you must book this tour! This was our first trip to Mexico City, and my husband and I were so glad we this was our introduction to the city. Booking was simple, and the tour was very customizable based on your interests. We did a 5 hour tour of La Roma and Condesa.

Taking with tour with Laura was like walking and exploring the city with a good friend. We were interested in food/markets/art and Laura took us to the coolest places...some that you would find in guide books, but also a lot of hole in the wall places. There were a few places that were closed during our tour, but Laura talked to the shop owners and they were kind enough to open their store for us. Laura is very knowledgeable in the city, people, and culture. We fell in love with Mexico City because of this tour! I've already recommended this tour to all my family and friends and can't wait to come back!

Date of experience: May 2015
1  Thank Angeferrer27
Laura-Walkit, Owner at Stylewalk MX, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2015

I hope we DO see the both of you back here soon! Roma/Condesa and the two of you are a perfect match ! Your enthusiasm for all we saw and your appreciation of all the amazing design details that exist here, meant it was a genuine pleasure to spend the day with you.
I am glad it ticked all your boxes. Time is precious and everyone has a very specific idea of what would make their day perfect. That is the very reason I send a checklist of options to my clients in advance.
Please do be in touch next time you visit, so we can catch up over ceviche :)