Book In Advance
Tours from Stylewalk MX tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Stylewalk MX
from $36.30
from $388.30
from $42.78
from $392.70
More Info
All reviews street art tour la roma walking tour spray paint amazing street art private street art scene actual street insightful tour hr tour great background local street private driver mezcal tasting great tour local art visiting mexico city
Reviewed January 5, 2015

Time well spent, roaming the streets of La Roma with Laura. My cousin & I, both perpetual Spanish students, asked to tour speaking Spanish, which made it all that more fun for us! And, when I mentioned that I was trying to locate a bar to drink "ana verde", absinth poured over a sugar cube etc., she showed us two different bars to accomplish my goal! Walking with Laura was like walking with a friend you haven't seen in a while. I can highly recommend her for an interesting and personal, intimate tour.

1  Thank McFree2006
Laura-Walkit, Owner at Stylewalk MX, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2015

I have been asked to do the La Roma tour in Spanish before, but this was the first time I had ever had Native English speakers request this. What a great attitude I thought!
I was happy I came through for you on so many fronts... this definitely makes my day too! Absinthe? Follow-on dinner? Tomorrow's agenda? Happy to help!
I look forward to your return trip. Rest assured there will be many more alleyway cafes and buildings and murals and moments on the street that we will enjoying reflecting on together!
Wishing you all the best with your onward travels :)

Reviewed December 31, 2014

Laura runs a great tour of Art Deco architecture in the Condesa neighborhood of Mexico City. The tour was more comprehensive than I expected, probably 50 buildings (a great value at nearly 3 hours), and really showed some marvels that are easily overlooked. Laura runs the tours well- planning rest rooms, and coffee breaks. Laura explains the historical and style trends that influenced the Art Deco movement, and highlights evidence in the neighborhood, as well as the unique Mexico City adaptations. You'd really be missing out on one of the charms of Mexico City if you miss this tour and neighborhood. (this is also the most charming neighborhood for lodging).

1  Thank Jaime G
Laura-Walkit, Owner at Stylewalk MX, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2015

I am super happy to hear you found value for your money with this tour! Yes, there is an amazingly high density of Art Deco expressions in the neighbourhood. I was greatly moved by the fact you really appreciated the visual details of these buildings and took lots of photos of them! For me as a guide, I am always chuffed to see them equally appreciated and pondered over. That is the true charm of La Condesa! Big thanks to you for your architectural enthusiasm :)

Reviewed December 16, 2014

i was staying in Coyocan and decided i needed some more energy around me so i took Laura's La Roma tour . I am sure if i had just walked around alone i would not have had such an intimate interesting experience. she is bright, charming and attentive.. highly recommended.. and i was lucky to be the only person ..what a treat.
I wish i could take her tour of the nightlife and bars in La Roma but i am leaving..

1  Thank lula2242
Laura-Walkit, Owner at Stylewalk MX, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2014

The neighbourhood is full of life and colour isn't it?! It can certainly brighten up a quiet day, especially if you feeling a bit homesick or lacklustre. The hip shops, galleries and dynamic street life have never failed to cheer someone up!

I look forward to taking you on the Cute Little Bars Evening Tour on your next trip...Do let me know when you passing through again!

Meantime take care and kind regards,

Reviewed December 5, 2014

We had a great tour of the Roma neighborhood with Laura. She brings a unique perspective to the tour as an outsider intimately familiar with the city and its inhabitants. We are both interested in art and architecture so Laura took us inside some art galleries that are not marked nor accessible otherwise. We had a great time and I highly recommend this walking tour of La Roma with Laura.

Date of experience: November 2014
1  Thank sid_brooklyn
Laura-Walkit, Owner at Stylewalk MX, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2014

That is so true! All those closed doors that you wouldn't know are galleries! The art scene here is a rather hidden domain so I am glad you got to see you a small snapshot of its magic pockets.
Just so you know, this week I arranged our first ever private tour of artists' studios and gallery stockrooms for a visiting art collector. If you give me some advance notice, I can definitely organise an equally tailored visit for you when we see you next!

In the meantime, take care and keep up the fodder!

Reviewed December 4, 2014

This walking distance tour around an specific area where you normally live but you don't have a heck of an idea on what goes around your neighborhood is just perfect.

So many details and interesting facts from a zone that has more than a hundred years of history. And all the stories and perceptions behind those buildings. From art nouveau to Art Deco and contemporary urban street art. It was exactly electrik and eclectic!

Loved that word and loved the energy with which the tour guide used it! I enjoyed so much the walk around.

Thank you!

2  Thank mary a

Oh my, I am so glad that phrase stuck with you!! You know I had forgotten I had said that :) Perhaps I should get T-shirts printed...tee hee ;) I am really glad you enjoyed yourself - my love for this neighbourhood is still running on a full tank and it was joy to take you out!