“"MY HOME IN MEXICO CITY"”
Review of Casa Comtesse

Casa Comtesse
Ranked #7 of 159 Mexico City B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 7, 2013

It´s an exelence choice for everyone, if you are looking a strategic place for any option; Bussines/Fun (10 min from WTC) (25 min from REFORMA AV) (5 min CONDESA) (30 ROMA SUR). The Hotel zone is safety. But without dude, the main atribute is the service and attention where you can kind´a feel your home. Everyone gives you a smile and help no matter what you asking for. SO IF YOU WANNA GO TO THE BIG CHAOTIC CITY CALLED MEXICO YOU KINDA STAY IN "YOUR HOME" THIS IS IT. WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED?

Room Tip: I´d take the Charamuska room and the relation cost benefict it´s positive you see the main garden an...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
casacomtesse, Reception at Casa Comtesse, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Hi Dante,

Thanks for your comment. Happy to hear you had a good time here! Good luck with your projects and see you soon.

Casa Comtesse team

There are newer reviews for Casa Comtesse

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We spent three nights at Casa Comtesse three weeks ago with our teenage boys.
We loved the laid back atmosphere of the house, and the friendliness of the staff.
The hotel now has a small gallery selling prints and this was also a pleasant discovery.
The neighborhood is nice and lively, and not noisy. A metro stop is a few blocks away from the hotel.
A special thank you to Angelique, for all her great advice on Mexico DF.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ParisCookingClass
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Pros: Good location in the charming and safe neighborhood of Condesa. Beautiful entry way and shared space. Included breakfast was tasty and generous. Room was clean and smelled fresh.

Cons: Our Piruli room was fairly claustrophobic (small with halogen lighting and low ceiling) and poorly thought out (no mosquito netting on the windows and poor bathroom ventilation).

Overall: Good value, especially for a short stay. Would not recommend as a treat or long term.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EasilyPleasedDude
casacomtesse, Gérant at Casa Comtesse, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your comment, I am happy you'd like your stay with us and your suggestions are really important to us.
Piruli is a smaller and economic room in Casa Comtesse, the cost is economic too (73USD). I recommande to ask for the room updown, the size is really confortable with king size bed. (103usd). About Moskito, we have now in every room Moskito plugs and we call an electric man to improve the sistem of ventilation in this room ! We hope to receive you next time in the best conditions ! Saludos, Casa Comtesse Team

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have been meaning to write a review for Casa Comtesse for months but just have not found the opportunity. Finally, I am making myself write a review because this place deserves it. We stayed here from March 14-19th as we have always wanted to go to Mexico City and it was the perfect time because the Viva Latino Festival was going on. I highly suggest checking this festival out if you love music.) My husband, our friend and I stayed at Casa Comtesse on our friend's recommendation who had stayed there before. The room was spotless and the common areas were as well. Every morning we were greeted with smiles and a YUMMY hot breakfast in the common area. It was a perfect way to start the day. In the evenings we hung out on the private patio and sipped whiskeys before beginning our nights on the town. One gal who worked there at the time was amazing and helped us navigate the subway system and also get to the Festival. She was AWESOME. Anytime we had a question or needed a recommendation the staff on duty were friendly and helpful. Their recommendations were pretty wonderful too. If you would like to stay in the Condessa (a hip eclectic neighborhood with shops and nummy restaurants)- Casa Comtesse is where it's at!

Room Tip: This is a perfect spot for bus and subway transit. The subway system here is very easy to use.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
casacomtesse, Reception at Casa Comtesse, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Hi,

Thank you very much for your comment! We hope to welcome you very soon in Mexico- City

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Located in a calm yet living neighborhood, Casa Comtesse offers a friendly and attentive service without compromising quality. The staff is amazing, suggesting places to visit and offering advice. The B&B boasts a few well furnished rooms, and a great breakfast making this, a great value accommodation with a friendly and familiar vibe to it.
Adding to this, an easy access to the metro and metrobus stations helps combine tranquility and accessibility to all the wonders Mexico City has to offer

Room Tip: Room "Oriente" combines the tranquility of facing the patio and great morning sunshine
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
casacomtesse, Réception at Casa Comtesse, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Hola Benoit,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Casa Comtesse. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

One day, I hope to return to Mexico City, and I will stay at Casa Comtesse. Traveling to Mexico City alone, I stayed here for two nights in August. I enjoyed everything about Casa Comtesse:

1) The location - conveniently located between two metro stops, within walking distance to the hip restaurant district of La Condesa, and within walking distance to Bosque de Chapultepec
2) The service - everyone with whom I interacted was fabulous - Angelique, Thomas, and Miguel, this list goes on. I arrived realizing I had forgotten my credit card. Angelique took care of me using their Paypal account. They were accommodating in numerous ways including offering umbrellas should it rain and having a fridge available for the guests.
3) The room - a very comfortable bed (this is hard to find in Mexico from my experience) and a clean, spacious room. I stayed in La Carlota. In the closet was a fan and a heater, but I needed neither.
4) Delicious breakfast made to order. I'm vegan, and Miguel had no problem creating two delectable breakfasts for me. They were a work of art.
5) The house - I felt like I was at home and hanging out with friends. I felt safe. It's a very comfortable and well decorated home, and there is an art gallery to enjoy while visiting.

I don't often take the time to write reviews, so it is serious business when I do write. If you're visiting Mexico City and want to stay at a great place, stay at Casa Comtesse.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
casacomtesse, Reception at Casa Comtesse, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Hi Kenda,

Thank you so much for your comment. We hope to welcome you very soon in Mexico- City. Take care!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My friend and I stayed at Casa Comtesse for 4 days and 3 nights. Had an awesome time.The room and bathroom were clean and the beds were made everyday. The breakfast was big and tasty with coffee/tea/juices and big items from the menu served! It was raining and they provided umbrellas for us to take outside. The neighborhood is so nice and safe to walk around. Very close to the bus and train stations. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. We loved our stay and will recommend this place to anyone bound for Mexico city.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
casacomtesse, Réception at Casa Comtesse, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Hi Sangeetha,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Hope to see you soon in Mexico City, hopefully with more sun and less rain.

Kind Regards,