“Mixed Feelings”

Ranked #5 of 141 Mexico City B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Mixed Feelings”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Pros: Good location in the charming and safe neighborhood of Condesa. Beautiful entry way and shared space. Included breakfast was tasty and generous. Room was clean and smelled fresh.

Cons: Our Piruli room was fairly claustrophobic (small with halogen lighting and low ceiling) and poorly thought out (no mosquito netting on the windows and poor bathroom ventilation).

Overall: Good value, especially for a short stay. Would not recommend as a treat or long term.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank EasilyPleasedDude
casacomtesse, Gérant at Casa Comtesse, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Hi,
Thanks a lot for your comment, I am happy you'd like your stay with us and your suggestions are really important to us.
Piruli is a smaller and economic room in Casa Comtesse, the cost is economic too (73USD). I recommande to ask for the room updown, the size is really confortable with king size bed. (103usd). About Moskito, we have now in every room Moskito plugs and we call an electric man to improve the sistem of ventilation in this room ! We hope to receive you next time in the best conditions ! Saludos, Casa Comtesse Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have been meaning to write a review for Casa Comtesse for months but just have not found the opportunity. Finally, I am making myself write a review because this place deserves it. We stayed here from March 14-19th as we have always wanted to go to Mexico City and it was the perfect time because the Viva Latino Festival was going on. I highly suggest checking this festival out if you love music.) My husband, our friend and I stayed at Casa Comtesse on our friend's recommendation who had stayed there before. The room was spotless and the common areas were as well. Every morning we were greeted with smiles and a YUMMY hot breakfast in the common area. It was a perfect way to start the day. In the evenings we hung out on the private patio and sipped whiskeys before beginning our nights on the town. One gal who worked there at the time was amazing and helped us navigate the subway system and also get to the Festival. She was AWESOME. Anytime we had a question or needed a recommendation the staff on duty were friendly and helpful. Their recommendations were pretty wonderful too. If you would like to stay in the Condessa (a hip eclectic neighborhood with shops and nummy restaurants)- Casa Comtesse is where it's at!

Room Tip: This is a perfect spot for bus and subway transit. The subway system here is very easy to use.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
casacomtesse, Reception at Casa Comtesse, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Hi,

Thank you very much for your comment! We hope to welcome you very soon in Mexico- City

Tampico, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Located in a calm yet living neighborhood, Casa Comtesse offers a friendly and attentive service without compromising quality. The staff is amazing, suggesting places to visit and offering advice. The B&B boasts a few well furnished rooms, and a great breakfast making this, a great value accommodation with a friendly and familiar vibe to it.
Adding to this, an easy access to the metro and metrobus stations helps combine tranquility and accessibility to all the wonders Mexico City has to offer

Room Tip: Room "Oriente" combines the tranquility of facing the patio and great morning sunshine
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
casacomtesse, Réception at Casa Comtesse, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Hola Benoit,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Casa Comtesse. Hope to see you again.

San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

One day, I hope to return to Mexico City, and I will stay at Casa Comtesse. Traveling to Mexico City alone, I stayed here for two nights in August. I enjoyed everything about Casa Comtesse:

1) The location - conveniently located between two metro stops, within walking distance to the hip restaurant district of La Condesa, and within walking distance to Bosque de Chapultepec
2) The service - everyone with whom I interacted was fabulous - Angelique, Thomas, and Miguel, this list goes on. I arrived realizing I had forgotten my credit card. Angelique took care of me using their Paypal account. They were accommodating in numerous ways including offering umbrellas should it rain and having a fridge available for the guests.
3) The room - a very comfortable bed (this is hard to find in Mexico from my experience) and a clean, spacious room. I stayed in La Carlota. In the closet was a fan and a heater, but I needed neither.
4) Delicious breakfast made to order. I'm vegan, and Miguel had no problem creating two delectable breakfasts for me. They were a work of art.
5) The house - I felt like I was at home and hanging out with friends. I felt safe. It's a very comfortable and well decorated home, and there is an art gallery to enjoy while visiting.

I don't often take the time to write reviews, so it is serious business when I do write. If you're visiting Mexico City and want to stay at a great place, stay at Casa Comtesse.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
casacomtesse, Reception at Casa Comtesse, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Hi Kenda,

Thank you so much for your comment. We hope to welcome you very soon in Mexico- City. Take care!

Irvine, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

My friend and I stayed at Casa Comtesse for 4 days and 3 nights. Had an awesome time.The room and bathroom were clean and the beds were made everyday. The breakfast was big and tasty with coffee/tea/juices and big items from the menu served! It was raining and they provided umbrellas for us to take outside. The neighborhood is so nice and safe to walk around. Very close to the bus and train stations. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. We loved our stay and will recommend this place to anyone bound for Mexico city.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
casacomtesse, Réception at Casa Comtesse, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Hi Sangeetha,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! Hope to see you soon in Mexico City, hopefully with more sun and less rain.

Kind Regards,

Limassol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

Casa Comtesse in Colonia Condesa is an absolute oasis of peace and calm in the midst of a very busy city. It is easy to get around either walking or taking the metro. Lots of varied restaurants nearby with good prices for a delicious meal.
The B&B is an old colonial house so the rooms vary quite a lot in size and facilities. The breakfast offers an interesting selection of western and Mexican dishes as well as cereal, fruit juice, tea and coffee. The guests all share the large breakfast table and we found our fellow guests most convivial and came from varied walks of life.
The staff were very helpful with directions to places and ordering taxis when we needed them. A most enjoyable stay and I'd certainly stay there again if I return to Mexico City.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

This was a pleasant B&B in the very nice Condessa neighborhood. It was very easy to walk to the Metro, bars, restaurants, and other stores. Fantastic location away from the tourist mess, and only a 20 minute walk to Chapultepec Park. The beds were very comfortable and the bathrooms clean. There was no a/c but the fan in the room provided sufficient circulation and cooling. We could not hear fellow visitors in other rooms. I would only recommend that the floors in the room be swept daily since they were quite dirty despite removing our shoes as soon as we entered. The breakfast was tasty and the staff helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends