First of all, let me alert travelers that Expedia did not allow me to post this review in its website. It gave me several error messages, in an attempt to wear you down. It appears that it only allows good reviews, so please don't trust its reviews. Tripadvisor is really the best source.
About the Camino Real Santa Fe Mexico: Beware of this hotel. It just look nice on the outside (it is in theory a 5 star hotel), but is managed (by Mexicans) as a 3 star hotel. In addition, the rooms are dated and noisy.
I would say that the worse part is that the hotel will charge you for everything, as if trying to squeeze you while you are there!
- The internet is extremely expensive at $15/day (no discount for multi-days) and VERY slow (pages would not load at all!). In addition, they would allow you access to just one device!
- The room has no potable water, and they would NOT give you complementary water! In fact, each bottle would cost $4!
- Room has no coffee machine
- My suite had the toilet in a separate room than the bathroom. A real inconvenience
- The hotel has no swimming pool, or even a deck to be under the sun. It has two jacuzzis, but you have to call half an hour before to fill them up. The gym was good
- All the restaurants are very pricey. BICE in the lobby has a bad/basic menu (pizza or bad pasta), and is very expensive (a fish or steak at $30). KYO on the rooftop is great, pricey but worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an architecture that is notable for its unique sober and elegant design that blends metal, glass and marble in a balanced and sophisticated manner, this architectural proposal is a visionary project where you can enjoy a world class service and the most luxurious and modern facilities. Conveniently located in the heart of Santa Fe, the hotel is just 18 miles away from Mexico City Airport, and 25 miles away from Toluca Airport, easily accessed by a modern divided highway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Camino Real Santa Fe Mexico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camino Real Santa Fe Mexico Hotel Mexico City
- Hotel Camino Real Santa Fe Mexico Mexico City