““Excellent hostel!””

Mexico City Hostel
Los Angeles, California
““Excellent hostel!””
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay here. The rooms were really fresh and nice. The staff were friendly and serviceminded. It's really close to the central station. Around the hostel area there were plenty of places to eat. I will defently stay here if I visit mexicoagain!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Slept there for one night in the dorms.
Rooms are small and crowded, the kitchen smell very bad, the hangout spaces are not welcoming, there is no real bar...
I guess it fits the older crowd, it is quiet and clean.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank UdiFreeze
Vancouver, B.C.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I (elderly folk!) booked a private room in Mexico City Hostel for 6 nights at the end of our overland trip from Cancun. Initially we had reservations about staying in a hostel but this hostel exceeded our expectations. The place is in a very central location a block away from the Zocalo. It is spotless, with lots of light, space and attractive decor. It has a central area with computers and TV as well as a dining room and kitchen with fridge and cooking facilities which is lovely to have after a long day's excursion to be able to "stay home" for dinner! A hearty breakfast of eggs, cereal, toast, fruit, tea/coffee was included. Our room was large with a private bathroom and small balcony. It was spotless and cleaned daily. Towels were provided. All rooms have lockers for security. A security guard attends at the hostel overnight.

Front desk staff Amanda and Cesar were beyond helpful and efficient: From checking in to contacting our tour company due to difficulties in traffic restrictions (due to Tent Demonstrators) to letting us borrow an umbrella to printing our boarding passes. Thank You Amanda and Cesar!!!

One suggestion regarding the items in the communal fridge some of which appeared to have been there for some time: A simple sign asking that all items be dated and anything over a week will be tossed!

Room Tip: If it is important to you ask for a room with a window as some rooms do not have windows leading on...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tsukubamirai, Japan
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I made an online reservation at this hostel through their own website. I spent all day travelling from Guatemala to here and just wanted to relax when I arrived. However, they could not find my reservation when I arrived. I showed them the email and reservation number, but this didn't seem to help. After various phone calls and paper shuffling and 20 minutes of waiting they gave me a room. When I arrived at the room it was occupied by another client. So I had to go back downstairs and get another. They gave me another room, which thankfully was unoccupied. I went out for dinner and returned about 11pm only to be kept awake until 4am by other clients in the foyer talking and drinking.

Now I am aware that this is a hostel and many people who use hostels like to party, but the acoustics of this building do not allow for a comfortable night's sleep if a party population is in residence. It might be worth considering a room, away from the central foyer (the rooms are all around it) where people can enjoy themselves without disturbing other guests.

The hostel is in a great location, perfect in fact. However, if you want to sleep at all, I'm sorry to say I'd advise you go elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Gingerbeards
Xerta, Spain
Reviewed July 9, 2013

we stayed at Mexico city hostel after landing into Mexico city airport and the location was central,just besides the Zocalo where we watched the live parade and we visited the cathedral and museums which where just less than 3 mins walk.This hostel is good for first timers in Mexico city as it is in a safe location where heavily armed police always guide 24/7.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Andrew P
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is a wonderful hostel. Very clean, modern and everyone was super respectful and nice. Was very quiet, I stayed on the 4th floor, and my room was right next to the bathroom so that would get a bit nosey at times but, it's a hostel and it was by no means excessively noisy. Great location right in the center and close to plenty of train lines to get you anywhere.

I guess when travelling I would view a hostel as somewhere you sleep, shower, use the bathroom, change and then go out and explore and this hostel did just that for the perfect price and I wouldn't hesitate recommending it to anyone. Staff was beyond helpful and friendly and the wifi was great.

No complaints!

Room Tip: I think for Men the only bathroom with Showers was on the 4th floor so, if you don't get one tow...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dublin Ireland
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Froçm the moment you walk into this hostel you know its going to be good. Airy, modern and plenty of room. There is an adequete kitchen and large dining room with an excellent breakfast. Showers and toilets are excellent and kept very clean. It is a quiet hostel right beside the main plaza and the metro is 2 blocks away. The staff are keen to please and have all the info you need. While I was there there was a large earthquake and the night staff had everybody organised and led us to evacuation with no fuss, full marks to them. I would reccommend this hostal to everyone.

Room Tip: all rooms are good in this quiet hostel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo