“Beautiful lobby and great location”

Busue a Boutique Experience Hotel
Ranked #149 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I have mixed reviews of this hotel. It was tough deciding to book here based on the shortage of reviews, but I wanted something with the Mexican charm and this hotel absolutely has that. The hotel is fairly new and has some kinks to work out. We stayed on the first floor in room 3.

Pros:
-It is absolutely beautiful and good neighborhood.
-I always felt safe and my husband and I could walk to many restaurants.
-The front desk worked hard to get any questions I had answered.
-Sheets and bed were wonderful.
-wifi connection was great.
-restaurant is very nice and food was good (only got breakfast.)
-Always greeted very nicely when leaving or arriving back at the hotel.

Cons:
-The name of the hotel or street number is not on the hotel (or anywhere!) so taxis and our family had a hard time finding it. Hopefully they will fix this.
-It's on a one way street, and traffic and road work (one street over) is heavy so takes a bit of time depending where car is coming from.
-There were no windows in our room except into an atrium with tables right outside our window. Luckily the noise was never a problem and we kept the window closed.
-The room is extremely dark and was really hard picking out clothes from the closet or basically doing anything!
-When we arrived there was a remote missing on the tv, so it took us forever to turn it on (after going to front desk to ask about it and them bringing the correct remote needed.)
-Air conditioner had no remote in the room and had to ask for it (after taking a while to figure out how to turn it on.)
-There was no price list for amenities/room service or menu in the room.
-They don't have any local maps, but did print out a map of the area for me.

Hopefully some of the cons I mentioned will not be an issue in the near future. If you like a boutique hotel and not a large hotel you can get in any city, then give it a try! If you need a lot of concierge help, an elevator and a pool this may not be the best choice for you.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor in room 3, so no stairs to worry about with luggage. I did worry about...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lbrabancon
PJsMM, Director of Sales at Busue a Boutique Experience Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Dear guests: So happy to hear you enjoyed our premises, thank you for your comments. We hope we can be of service once again.

There are newer reviews for Busue a Boutique Experience Hotel

Reviewed May 17, 2014

I was a bit hesitant booking this hotel as there were only 2 reviews at that time, although both positive but now I am glad I decided to give this boutique hotel a chance. It was a bit difficult to find it as the hotel name is not even written on the front, but it's located in a very nice area with lots of restaurants nearby. The doors are usually closed but there is always someone at reception and usually a guy standing outside as well. Most of the receptionist speak English (except one). We had a beautiful Premier room on the first floor. Very clean and very comfy. We didn't see any other guests at all. The previous commenter was unhappy about the noise...I guess he must be right if people are sitting and talking outside as the windows are looking at the little courtyard. Luckily during our time nobody was sitting there and there was no noise at all. It's such a nice little place, I would recommend to anyone giving it a try.
The hotel also arranged for us a great private tour to the pyramids. Only thing to warn you about, when we asked them to call a taxi to bring us to the Centro Historico the taxi charged us exactly double then the normal taxi we took back.
A very positive note: they let us check out late without any extra charge.
Haven't tried the restaurant but it looks good!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear guests: Thank you so much for your kind comments, we are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, please do visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

got a room on the first floor (I believe Room 2) and could not sleep due to the noice from within the hotel. There was a public patio adjacent to my room windows (and I mean right next to my room) which guests sat until late. I had to leave the windows to the patio open because the air conditioner in my room would not work. The hotel staff started speaking to each other loudly at around 6:00 AM, which irritated me further. To make matters worse, my room rate - which was not cheap - included breakfast, which the hotel would not honor even though I had my printed EXPEDIA confirmation which clearly stated breakfast was included. After the restaurant staff and lobby personnel would not honor my included breakfast, the hotel manager (or owner) had to come down from Olympus and authorize the staff not to charge me for breakfast. Other than the noise, the room was ok. The rooms on higher floors probably do not have the noise problem I suffered. The restaurant is on the top floor (I think 5th) and is very unique (I liked it.) All in all, however, I had such a bad experience with the hotel (noise and breakfast situation) that I can not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest: Thank you so much for your comments, we deeply regret all the inconveniences you had to go thru. We would like to assure you that this is not our standard practice and would love it if you would allow us to make it up, next time you visit Guadalajara.

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

A Great hotel with great people !!
Its the best location near the Park and Masaryk
Worth every dollar spended. The Room service was not that good but acceptable for me.

Every time I visit México will stay here for sure.
Don't forget to make Reservation for the restaurant Cornelia !!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
PJsMM, Director Comercial at Busue a Boutique Experience Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear Guests: Thank you so much for your review of your recent visit to our hotel. We are happy to hear your stay with us was a pleasant one, looking forward to serving you again.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

A luxurious, charming and romantic hotel. Rooms are very cozy and quite. Friendly staff, great meals. Nice environment and unique decoration. Every room has a different style. Very good location and walking distance for a lot of restaurants. Oh! They have a very special man as a driver, Don Miguel, very helpful!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Kauil
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Beautiful, charming, super mexican, super cute, romantic and cousy. It is a great place to be when you want to visit the best part of Mexico City. Great location, great environment. Walking distance for everything. The wi-fi service is not good, so not recommended for a long stay visit os business.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Rosie F
Reviewed January 7, 2013

BEWARE!

The worst thing for a hotel is 'no show' guests. The worst thing for guests is a 'not there' hotel.

With a confirmed reservation from decolar and a current printout of a map and directions from the hotel's website, we arrived (Jan. 7, 2013) where the hotel is supposed to be only to discover a reconstruction site and a 'not there' hotel, which, incidentally hadn't been there for some months and isn't going to be there for some more.

Caution with decolar and with this hotel are strongly recommended.

The good news was discovering a truly extraordinary boutique hotel nearby, las alcobas, (see separate review) at almost the same price which had been guaranteed by Casa Vieja.

Room Tip: Make sure it is there and open before going there.
Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple