Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at the WTC
$129
LeMeridien.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
W Mexico City(Mexico City)
$285
$263
  • Room Service
$86
$74
$71
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Stanza(Mexico City)(Great Value!)
$67
All reviewsrooms are largebreakfast was includedhotel restaurantgymtaqueriametrobusconvenienceuber
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I would not recommend this hotel at all. The air conditioner didn't work, after four hours, they agreed to switch room - 12 midnight got into second room, same problem. 3 AM and it is 85 degrees in the room. Finally the second day they fixed but offered no apology, never checked if things were working. We had to call 8 times over the course of 12 hours to get into a comfortable room.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at the WTC, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Dear Craig C,

Please do accept my sincerest apologies for the Air Conditioning issue you experienced. We did indeed have a problem with the units that has since been resolved. With the extreme heat we have seen in Mexico City for some time now, I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

Katie J
IHGCare

Reviewed January 2, 2012

I have stayed at thet Crowne Plaza WTC and the Holiday Inn Express WTC about 10-15 days each. They are connected by a mutual hall way and on the Crowne Plaza side it is beautiful with a nice little bar, big screen and a coupel nice place to eat. The staff at the Crowne is amazing.,.....Understandbally my company wanted to save some $$ in this economy so they asked me to change to the Holiday Inn and if it was OK we would start putting everybody there. I was the test dummy......Man it is a different experience.
For starters my sink was right next to my bed, so when you turned th water on high, it blasted all out of the sink and onto your bed. Fun sleeping in a puddle of water.....

Next, no safe...I know it is a huge inventment to add safes to room...Must cost $100 a pop. WHat I pay for one night, pays for a new safe in the room. We are in MEXICO CITY for gods sake, hotels NEED a safe.

Free breakfast.....What a nasty joke...I could barley eat a plate. In 10 days I ate there 1 time. YUK.

Bathroom had gross black mildew all over the shower.....not to mention hot water ran out in about 10 minutes everyday.

Lastly....The reason I wrote this........The dishonest bellman/taxi drivers. I have spent ALOT of time in Mexico City the past year, found some honest people and some people who see me and see $$$$. I understand, but it still makes me mad.

Everyday I take a taxi from the hotel to the office in a metered cab. You get in to some the meter is already at $50 pesos, some $30...always random....But whatever. The exact same ride at the exact same time everyday costs me between $60-$150 pesos a way. I know however what I am going to pay becuase it shows right there on the meter.

So its the last day of my trip and I need to the airport...There is 5 metered cabs sitting out front. Now remember, I have done the EXACT sames thing for the last 15 days and got a METERED CAB. The bellman calls the cab dirver over and tells me it is $150 pesos to the airport...I look at him and say no, I want this metered cab.(I know the ride to the airport is about 10 minutes and should cost aroundf $60-80 peso max). The bellman proceeds to tell me that these cabs all work for the hotel so they dont use their meters. SO I tell the bellman I will wait for a REAL metered cab...Which I have picked up from the same spot for 15 days str8. Cab after cab pulls up and he tells me the hotel has everyone of them hired.

Finally I have to agree to the gouging in order to get to the airport on time. The bellman tells me, "it will be $150 pesos, no more"
1) I get into the cab and the cab driver and the bellman excahnge cash of some sort. I am sure this is the kickback one way or another.
2) I get to the airport and the cab driver tells me $185 pesos.......Remember, this trip is only a few miles, and I have done it for less than $100 pesos in the past.

Bottom line, hotel is just OK...But dont trust anybody.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank James S
EliasJuarez, Gerente at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at the WTC, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2012

Hi James S,

I've to let you know that your comments are realy helpful and taken very seriously, in behalf of the whole staff and personally I offer you an apology for not meet your expectations, the situations taht you discribed have a clear explanation.

For instance, the safe situation, we do have safes and are located at front desk.

I have to assure you that all the taxi service is the same for the Crowne Plaza and the Holiday Inn Express at WTC, since you have stayed in both you already know this, if you used before, in your prior nights at Crowne Plaza, the taxi service to the airport, those metered taxis have the same $150.00 pesos rate, always, this is because traffic, since the airport is one of the most used destination and in México we have traffic situation on the Viaducto avenue, taximeter sometimes came to check up to $ 380.00 pesos because of this we decided to negotiated with the taxi company a fixed fare, this way our guest only pay $150 pesos no matter the traffic on the avenue.

With the taxi "sitio" actually we are trying to offer more options to our gests, most of the hotels at México city, as you surely know, only offers one executive taxi service, that is more confortable and so more expensive, we have two different taxi choices to our guest, the executive and the regular ones, the regular ones have a fare meter that it's certificated by the goverment and charge for the distance and time. The executive have fixed rates depending on the parts of the city you go.

We don't recomend to take an street taxi in Mexico City, we couldn't be responsable for what might happen, since we don't have control on those units.

About our breakfast we have five different dishes for our guest in our hotel, hot coffe, fresh fruit, juices, bread, cereal, toasts, it's simple but has a great taste, our chilaquiles are famous in the businesses and offices arround the hotel, also plenty Trip Advisor senior travelers, love our great room breakfast.

Like I said, if we weren't able to meet your expectations, give me the opportunity to attend you personally, here is my email ejuarez@holidayexpresswtc.com, so I can prove you that we are a great hotel that our guests love.

Sincerely Elias Juárez, operation manager.

Reviewed November 10, 2011

I stayed here for one night as I had to do some business at the WTC, so the location for me was important. But what a pleasant surprise this hotel is! Upon arrival, I noticed a very busy front desk, so I was expecting to be in line for more than five minutes; to my surprise I was taken care of in less than two. The FD staff is not only quick and knowledgeable, but also very friendly, service-oriented and polite.

The room is not only spotless, but it also features nicely appointed decoration and offer you many items that you usually would not expect in a business hotel of its type.

Definitely worth the money paid - wonderful hotel and incredible staff!

• Stayed: November 2011

Hi Pablo_Contreras_R, the whole staff at Holiday Inn Express at WTC are happy to know that you are pleased with our efforts, we are the best choice if you are looking for a bed and breakfast hotel, with everything near by to complete a full service hotel experience, the best natural fresh breakfast, free internet, free local calls, next to the best restaurants inside Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico, our location is unbeatable plus our quality service, everything that you might need we got it, also the airport is at close distance, we hope that you come back soon, will be a real pleasure to us receive you once more, anyway I'm always at your service, Elias Juárez, operations manager.

Reviewed September 2, 2011

Went to my Uncle's 95th. bd. The staff was courteous and accomodating, property very clean. No frills but just what I needed for a 2 niter.

All hotels should strive to fulfill expectations in a uncomplicated, straightforward manner such as this one!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
EliasJuarez, Gerente at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at the WTC, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2011

Hi pwinkler,
First of all, happy birthday to your uncle, in behalf of the whole staff working at Holiday Inn Express at WTC, it's so nice to read your comments, we are working really hard to fulfill your expectations with quality service, great breakfast, and just like you said, no frills, uncomplicated, straightforward manner, we hope to serve you again soon, remember I'm always at your service, Elias Juárez, operations manager.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

A great Value Hotel. Holiday Inn Express rates with all the services of the full service Crown Plaza right next door. Great location a block away from Insurgentes one of the main arteries of the city. My only complaint oily french fries.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with the sofa bed. Same price as a standard an larger areas even if you do not use the sofa bed
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jmelhado

Hi jmelhado,
It's great to hear from you, your comments are really helpful, about the fries we work on it, so next time I'm sure you'll love them, and thanks a lot for your other comments, it's one of the great deals, excellent rates, great breakfast, free wifi, free local calls, and the best restaurants inside Crowne Plaza hotel de Mexico. If you need a bigger room, we got it, if you need brief space, we got it, nearby the best show rooms in Mexico city, business areas, even the airport, we are waiting for you and your family to come back again, in the name of the whole staff working at Holiday Inn Express at WTC, thank you for your preference, we hope to serve you again soon, remember I'm always at your service, Elias Juárez, operations manager.