“Those receptionist uniforms!”

Camino Real Pedregal
Ranked #205 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I was using this hotel as it was convenient for the office location that I was visiting. It was a comfortable enough hotel and the rooms were clean and well serviced. They attended to my transport needs promptly and efficiently and I could charge hotel taxis to my room which is a bonus when you don´t want to get cash.

The mezzanine bar was well used for lunch and in the evening as I suspect it was more to do with a captive audience. That said the flank steak tacos I had were really very good.

My one frustration and pet hate is paying for wi-fi and being limited to three devices before paying double. So if you have an iPad, a phone, a lap top and a kindle you pay double for the internet.

I did feel sorry for the male receptionists who were dressed in some sort of pink trimmed Alice in Wonderland get up, poor buggers!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 26, 2012

It's a mystery to me why they put this hotel in the middle of nowhere - I thought the food was fine but the facilities are limited (confined to an out dated gym) and there's nothing close by. The rooms are clean but tatty eg cracked wash basin, missing electrical covers etc - nothing big but these contributed to an overall sense of general decline.

These may sound like petty gripes but some things are just weird;

- I had to have the concierge come up to unlock the minibar which had been unplugged so everything was warm;

- No milk or sugar supplied for the in room coffee; and

- Most irritating of all, the a/c switches itself off after every 10 minutes and you have to open the door to trip the sensor to turn it back on again. The combined resources of the Maintenance and Concierge staff couldn't figure out how to over ride this setting.

I'm all for conserving electricity and you don't need to leave the a/c running all day but there's got to be a better way of handling it than this.

The staff were polite etc, although their English was more limited than you usually find in international hotels but we got through that ok.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Not horrible. The rooms were decent and passed the bed-bug inspection. But there is nothing around. It is a long walk to any restaurants or shopping. The walk seemed safe but I would not do it at night. The restaurant onsite charged me a cover charge, which is insane. The food was awful! Check in staff was polite and well trained. Didn't try the Internet as I was pretty sure for a pay service it would be a disappointment. The AC in my room didn't work, and actually made my room hotter. As I was only staying one night I didn't bother trying to change rooms. I would not stay in this hotel again. Amenities like water and in-room coffe are very expensive.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Booked the 'Club' real package, which is described on the website and in their printed room literature as having; Separate check-in area (NO THERE ISN'T), FREE evening drinks in NON EXISTENT LOUNGE (NO, it's 2 for 1, which EVERYONE gets, in the normal bar !), FREE continental breakfast in NON EXISTENT LOUNGE (NO, it's in the BICE restaurant and the freshness of the breads/rolls left a lot to be desired) & free internet (ONLY AFTER YOU ASK FOR IT TO BE TAKEN OFF THE BILL).

Agree with others, this is a very, very average hotel, hit 'n miss food and service in the restaurant (A Medium Rare filet was ordered, and it was REFRIGERATOR COLD IN THE MIDDLE).

Wi-fi was good and reliable, and bed was comfortable.

I could put up with it, if it means not spending hours in Mexico City traffic for business meetings, but only for 1 or 2 nights.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2012

On the plus side, fast Internet, nice cantina style bar on the mezanine level, and above average food. However you have to pay for everything separately, and the hotel did not have a clean feeling w/ stains on the carpets and grimy bathrooms. I would use again only for the proximity to the office.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Alxc
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I stayed at the camino pedregal for two weeks in relation to business and would not go back to this hotel. The area is bad and I was told not to walk around in the neighbourhood alone. Furthermore I think it's a bit too pricey and the service is not the worst but neither the best.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Barthodk
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I travel to Mexico City a lot for business and the company I work for always books this hotel since it is very close to the office.
I am writing this review while things are happening. There are bunch of drunk kids screaming, singing, yelling, and it is 11:34 PM. I guess it is a special day because the hotel is full and they don't change my room. I called the reception and security three times. Nothing happened. I had to go to the reception and ask for security. The security did not or could not do anything.
By the way the room I was given was smelly and the air was so heavy as if it was not air-conditioned for a long time. Everything is terrible, so my rating is... Do not stay here.

Room Tip: If it is full with kids/teams/events DO NOT stay...