“a comfortable hotel next to the airport”

We Hotel Aeropuerto
Ranked #127 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Friendly reception and good transfer service from the airport..
Intenet worked very well.

One problem for me was the very noisy airconditioning system, they must do something about it.

BUT if you want to make a phone call from your room, impossible it does not work.
You have to go down to reception and use a phone there, no privacy at all.
Surelly this is not acceptable for a business hotel.

They should offer breakfast as from 05;00 as this is a airport hotel and many of us take early morning flights.
Restaurant ok.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed here two separate nights for close to airport location with no issues. Shuttle was quick and timely and dinners in restaurant were good and also good value. Only problem was that breakfast starts too late at 7:00 AM for making morning flights

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank RSB461
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Thank you, Ramada for looking after our 17 year old daughter so nicely last week. She arrived very late, very, and her room was wonderful where she was able to take a nice rest in a great bed. The morning buffet was wonderful, she says and then the free shuttle to take her back to the airport to catch her flight to Puerto the next day. Thank you for your hospitality.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ziva P
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The hotel is quite good, providing a free shuttle bus from/to the airport all day and night. So it's quite good option if you have to transfer at Mexico airport. I was quite disappointed by breakfast service as it was starting too late for an airport hotel at 7 o'clock. Most airport hotels I have been were serving the breakfast at about 5 or half past 5.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank neshto
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We stayed at this hotel upon arriving in Mexico City and upon returning from touring outside of Mexico City the night before we flew back home. On both occasions we were treated great. The staff was fantastic and spoke English which helped. The hotel staff arranged for a taxi driver to tour us around Mexico City and he took us to the Basilica and he was very informative. We enjoyed him very much. The breakfast which was included in the room rate was one of the best we have ever had. It was a full buffet breakfast with a made to order chef to cook what you wanted (outside of the buffet). We have never had such a nice breakfast included in the room rate. The hotel is very conveniently located to the airport with a free shuttle van. The beds were very comfortable with 2 free bottles of water and in-room coffee maker. All in all we were very pleased with our accommodations, staff and service. We would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay again when our travels include Mexico City.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 5, 2012

…especially by the people in the adjacent room.

Let’s start from the beginning, my wife had already stayed here and had an excellent time; what she probably did not realize (since it was low season) is that (most likely) received a room upgrade. She occupied the fourth floor and she was lucky (we weren’t).

Arrived with my family after midnight, the shuttle was MIA and tried calling the hotel (cue macabre music) no answer! While contemplating our options and considering taking a taxi the shuttle arrived.

After a quick check-in we arrived (around 1:30 AM) to room 2210. My wife’s face was worth a thousand words, she felt we had arrived at the wrong hotel; the room’s appearance, the bed’s comfort level, the pillows, everything contradicted her memories.

Around 2:30 AM our next door neighbors made their appearance, we could hear their conversation, TV, etc. through the paper thin walls.

After a very short night (the TV from another room functioned as an alarm clock around 7:30 AM) we woke up.

My wife on her previous stay did not have time to try the breakfast buffet (since she had an early flight) and was offered cookies and coffee instead. The breakfast buffet was the redeeming factor, delicious with many options (even steak with homemade quesadillas) and excellent service.

So, bottom line: if you stay pick a room in the 4th floor (my wife showed me a picture of the room she stayed in, which was in display at the lobby and a world of difference does not sound like an exaggeration). Enjoy the hotel’s staff amiability and (if your plane leaves after 7:00 AM) try the awesome breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on a recent trip to Mexico City for tourist purposes. This hotel is very close to the airport (within walking distance over a pedestrian bridge.) The rooms are very clean and the hotel facilities are spotless. The service is excellent and feels like much more than a Ramada. There were two free bottles of purified water, coffee and tea in the room. The items were replenished each day. The rate that we purchased included a buffet breakfast. There were several authentic dishes and many american choices.

This distance is quite far from tourist attractions. However, taxi fares are very reasonable. The price of this hotel, with taxi fare, was considerably less than something near Reforma. However, due to safety and security, one may be more comfortable closer to the attractions. This would not require late-night taxis.

The restaurant is also clean, with a lot of great choices. If you are in the mood for some late night home food, the hamburger and club sandwich was fantastic. The french fries taste like corn tortillas, though. Ask for a substitute for the fries. The empanadas and Mexican platter is also great.

This is one of the best hotels that I have ever stayed in (much better than higher prices, upper end chain hotels.) However, I could not rate this as excellent for one reason. We had five Coca-Colas in the room. After breakfast one morning, my wife and I took the airport shuttle to the airport to exchange money. When we returned, I noticed that one Coke was missing and one was open. Neither me or my wife drank or opened a coke. Also, a piece of Mexican candy (a Gloria) was missing. All of our other "valuables" were locked in the in-room safe.

I felt that this was somewhat minor, so I did not report it to the front desk. I only mention it so that other travelers with exercise caution when it comes to your own valuables... and other items.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window. There are some that do not have windows, which are about half price o...