“What a Deal!!!”

Ranked #138 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Los Angeles, California
“What a Deal!!!”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I booked online through Hotwire and received a reduced rate, kind of like the Price-line thing where you don't know the name of the hotel until you book the reservation. I was a little hesitant but many of my friends said that their experience with these types of reservations were always a great deal, so I went ahead made the booking and what a nice surprise. Although the hotel is within walking distance of the airport, (it would not be an easy walk with bags, there are some overpasses etc), so the hotel provides a shuttle to and from the airport. It was fast and efficient. The room looked like it was newly decorated, very modern red and black Asian type of motif. Impressive modern furniture, lighting and functional yet attractive space utilization, with a rotating arm big screen TV, it felt like I was in a suite. The bed was first class, the bathroom first class, the amenities first class, even provided a toothbrush with toothpaste. The air conditioning and fan worked great, could heat or cool down the room within 5 minutes.The spa was modern, fully stocked with complimentary bottled water and plenty of towels. The sauna and shower was clean and I had the gym and spa all to myself. Additionally the gym area was fully stocked with shampoo, soap everything one would need after a workout. The treadmills were new and functionally well. The weights were limited but fully maintained. I did not eat at the hotel because I like walking and exploring the neighborhood food/street venders in Mexico, which was varied and economical around the hotel. Of course one has to be aware of their surroundings when walking in MC as with any large city in the world. If you are respectful and wise about the time when you choose to walk, you will not have a problem. All in all for me (an experienced traveler), one of the nicest hotels I have ever been to!

Room Tip: I was facing the airport, could see the planes taking off and landing, it was quite stunning and vis...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Tijuana, Mexico
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Hotel is very close to the airport which is a real plus if you are just spending the night in the city, whose traffic is often a nightmare. The shuttle service was good. From Terminal 1, there is someone at Puerta 4, to help you with the shuttle. I don’t know about the situation at Terminal 2. The shuttle is probably the end of the positive things I can say about the hotel

Check-in was less than pleasant. There were only two people ahead of us, but it took a tremendous amount of time for both of them to complete their negotiations. Only one person was working at the desk, while the other gentleman at the desk talked on the phone and observed while the check-in line grew in length. Our reservations was confused and we had to move from one room to another to get the room that we had reserved. The staff throughout the hotel, while not rude, were not friendly or overly helpful, which has not been our experience in other hotels in Mexico City.

The rooms are adequate, but rather stark. The lighting is very poor throughout, especially in the bathroom, which is very small. The TV is very small. The air conditioning, while adequate, was extremely noisy. The complimentary breakfast was average, with an omelet bar in addition to many Mexican breakfast items.

The price was good, (paid $80 for advance payment) yet I probably would not stay in this hotel again, as our experience in others in the city were definitely much better.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Traveling in and out of Mexico City, I needed an airport hotel. I stayed at the Fiesta on the way in, and at this Ramada on the way out. If you can get it for the same price, You'll like the Ramada better, and the breakfast is included, unlike the $20USD buffet at the Fiesta.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Traffic in mexico takes hours!!! so if just staying 1 night it's a pratical good option for +100USD(breakfast incl, free +-wifi)
+hotel staff is helpfull and friendly.
+breakfast has a huge variety
+transport to and from the airport is very usefull, you can find the ramada-taxi hostess at gate 4 in terminal 1
-the room is rather small and has no view
-free wifi can be really slow

Maybe i'd stay their again.

Room Tip: inner rooms have no view which is a bit depressing
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank kristof G
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Usually Ramada has everything a traveler needs. But in this instance, our room had a broken TV, wireless that didn't work (it never worked in the hotel the whole stay), and a frosty staff that thought they were helping by arguing that those thing DID work and telling us where to go nearby to get internet and TV entertainment.
After some discussion I managed to get another room. The condition was the same: broken TV and wireless, dirty upon close inspection.
The "business center" was a sad laugh. There were two keyboards, no chairs, and the printer (the only thing I actually needed) was broken and looked as if it had been that way for some time.
Don't look too closely at the corners of the bathroom where the mops have shoved waxy scum into them. Be careful in that dilapidated neighborhood around the hotel too. There's nothing of any interest and no good food nearby.
In all, I could have had a much better, more adequate stay at any of dozens of hotels in that vicinity that charge less and have more to offer, or at least aren't broken and don't have staff who don't know the meaning of the word helpful.
I feel disappointed in this Ramada. I have had lots of other very good stays with that chain, but this was the one glaring exception.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Mexico City hotels

Anna, Ohio
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Hotel was okay. It was close to Airport so that is why we stayed there. \
Clean but my room faced the West and the view was not a nice area to face.
I had to close blinds and crank up AC to get it cool enough.
The room seemed small and bed okay. Wasn't really impressed with hotel.
The Breakfast was okay but nothing special

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Dobson, North Carolina
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I'm from North Carolina and my husband is in Mexico taking care of his mother and came to visit him for 5 days and we had a wonderful stay at your hotel. The staff was friendly and the food was wonderful, we enjoyed the music and the bar and the room was great and clean. The only problem I had was each day the bellboy was asking when we were checkin out, but I liked they had the shuttle from the airport and they bellman answered any questions and were very informative. I felt very secure, also the taxi service was great! I would stay there again! Thank you for a great experience!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family