“Great place to stay”

Ranked #69 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Australia
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This hotel is well located with lots of restaurants and bars within a 10 minute walk. The area is safe, and you can walk to and from the restaurants and bars. The hotel rooms were clean and spacious. The staff were friendly and helpful, and accommodated my request for a late check out without fuss. I only used the hotel restaurant for breakfast, and there was plenty of good quality food on offer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CrowneP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Hansie13,

Thank you for the great comments about your recent stay, It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staffs efforts and take the time to write about it.
Your comments will be shared with our entire staff as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico a leader in service.
Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This was the first Hotel I got when I came for the first time to Mexico City, and even though the company I work with recommends another one, I like to come back to this Hotel. Good location close to the World Trade Center (restaurants, cinema and main streets right around the corner). All rooms offer a suite-style setting, with big bathroom, jacuzzi, PC among the regular setting for a good price. Two restaurants on site, by the way, first time I tried the Mex-Italian one and loved it! I would recommend to modernise their AC system, too simple with just a +/- level.
I can only recommend this Hotel and definitely will come back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jpllanos
CrowneP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear JPLlanos,
Thank you for valuable feedback, we are glad to know that you enjoyed the services in the Hotel, in particular the Dolce-Mexico Restaurante.
Thank you for considering us the Hotel of your choice in Mexico City and we look forward to welcoming you back as our valued guest.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 8, 2012

It really saddens me to have to write such a review but here goes.... I had the misfortune to visit hotel Crowne Plaza...OMG is all i have to say. From the moment i walked into the hotel i was met with a frosty reception by one girl (Gabriela ) on the front desk and treated like i was dirt on the front desk mans shoe. I explained to her that i would like to see the rooms if possible as i have to book 5 rooms in the summer for my birthday. I was told in no uncertain terms that this is not possible and she's never been asked this before. I then asked i could see the Business Center ...he replied in the most indignant tone that this is for guests only. I was so upset at the way i was treated and spoken to and do not normally write reviews. I left there wondering what had just happened having visited the other amazingly friendly hotels. The only thing i can thing of is maybe i have the wrong colour skin. I was so looking forward to seeing this hotel as i had read the great reviews on here. Folks from that experience alone i would say don't waste your money staying there!! i travel the world for work and stay in some fantastic hotels so i know what I'm talking about when i speak of customer service. All i can say is that the Crowne Plaza hotel customer service has by far been superior to that of the others who should be ashamed to have such staff as the first point of contact with the public. Disgraceful service and i am thoroughly disgusted with this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank ClaudiaV913
Miguel Angel R, Gerente at Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear ClaudiaV913,

Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent visit at our Hotel; I appreciate you taking the time to advise us of your dissatisfaction, which is the first step towards improvement of our services.
Your comment have been reviewed by the Hotel Management and appropriate action has been taken to ensure a situation of this nature will not be repeated in the future.

Again please accept our sincere apologies and feel free to contact me directly in order to know about our Hotel.

maruiz@hoteldemexico.com
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Attending an HR Congress at World Trade Center last September. This hotel was very convenient. Nice places to eat which were very closed so much to the hotel and to the WTC. Hotel restaurant food was very good. Rooms were very groomly and well cleaned

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank JOSEFINA051
Dear Ms Josefina051,

Thank you for your valuable feedback; We are glad that in the overal you enjoyed our Hotel, once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back as our valued guest.

With Kind Regards
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I organized a seminar in Mexico City with professors from the US. This was their first visit to Mexico and I am sorry I had them stayed there. Crown Plaza International shouldn't let the Mexico City Hotel claim they are part of the brand since the service is terrible and they are, in my opinion, far away from being even a 4 star hotel. Next time I will choose a different hotel even if it doesn't have such a good location because the service is so bad and the Front Desk and management staff so incompetent and rude, it is just not worth it.
The worse part was at the front desk. Our office in the US sent a wire transfer to pay the bill of all our rooms earlier this week. Regardless, until yesterday (Friday) their accountants hadn't send the information to the front desk so they were threatening to double-bill us. The Front Desk clerk shouted me in front of other guests and told me it was my duty to make sure their accountant send the information to the competent area. His attitude was so rude and he was so incompetent that it would be enough reason for me not to recommend the hotel to anyone. Finally this morning they: 1. made us sign another voucher to pay the bill even if we insisted the payment had been made before; and 2. Called me two hours later to apologize and told me "it wasn't their fault" (Front Desk), they had in fact received our electronic payment, but the accountants hadn't informed the front desk until this morning and asked me to go back to the hotel to get my signed vouchers and make sure they didn't charged the bill of 6 rooms to our credit cards. Also I heard comments about the food being so terrible you should bring your meals from outside if you want to eat while you are staying there.

Room Tip: My advise is not to stay there.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank RSalina
CrowneP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Ms. RSalina,

We are very sorry for the bad impression you had about our staff, however if we don´t have the necesary information in advanced - we may make mistakes that can affect our hotel or the company which is taking care of the payment.
The information about the transfer from USA was received after the executives had paid the bills using their credit cards; That is why, we cancelled all the charges made to the credit cards and applied the Deposit in order to closed the bills.
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding this case and please accept our sincere apologies.
Respectfully
Rooms Division Manager
Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed at this hotel because of a conference at The World Trade Center. I am glad I did. It's only a block away. It really clean, and the staff are super friendly. I read a few reviews that spoke poorly of the hotel. I can't really speak for them. Maybe there are a few rooms that are dated and have issues...maybe not. Maybe the people that wrote them are just out of touch. However, my room was new. It had a flat screen TV. The bathroom was spacious. The air conditioning could be set low enough to refrigerate milk. I had lots of towels, toilet paper, bottled water. The cleaning staff made the room look new each day. They upgraded me to the Executive Floor 9... so that may be the difference. If anything, the technology in the room was a little over the top. On the desk, my room had a computer that controlled in-room music, lighting, television, and the shades. It reminded me of James Bond in Moonraker minus Roger Moore. The only downside was that when I woke up in the morning it took me a few seconds to remember that I was in "technology central" to turn on the lights. I don't know about the food...never ate there except for coffee and danish at the free continental breakfast on the 9th floor. Victor was great! Anyway...stay there. I was with a group of people, and they all felt the same way about their rooms...Great!...and they all travel for business each year more than most people do in a lifetime. Ignore the naysayers. Eat at Fishers (a ten minute walk away). Have the Lobster or Shrimp Tacos. Incredible. Make sure to visit Bellini at the top of the World Trade Center, but go before it gets dark so you can see the city and don't expect the food to be good. The bad reviews about the food are true. Great view. Great service. Bad food. No problem with the price. The food was just really bad...but go for the view. You'll be missing out on a really great memory if you don't.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Miguel Angel R, Gerente at Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Mr. Miami33029

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding your comments at the Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico; We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.
It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staffs efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff.
Once again Thank you and we look forward to the opportunity of serving you in a near future.
Sincerely
Crowne Plaza Hotel
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This was a business trip to Mexico City for a Symposium with hairdressers from Mexico, Latin and Central America. As I do not speak the language and was traveling alone I was a little gun shy about the language barrier but as I checked in there was no problem what so ever. I was greeted and directed to check-in and was given great service and was informed about everything I needed to know about the hotel and what was near by.
The bellman brought up my bags and trunks and made sure I knew how to work everything from the AC to finding the hidden service bar. I do not think he was expecting a tip as the look on his face when I handed him 150 pesos was priceless and he must have thanked me 10 times!
The room was cozy but dark. There was a large window but when I opened it anyone could have see in as the hotel and other buildings were very close. I usually keep my windows open all the time as I love the natural light and to wake up with it as well.
The room was spotless and a little dated but it was a good size with a desk an extra table and a large bench at the end of the bed. The AC was not strong enough for me but I was really only in the room to sleep and adapted to the room not going below 75 degrees F. I like to sleep at about 70 degrees.
The bathroom was large with a jacuzzi and a stand up shower but the shower leaked all over the floor every morning and I had to use 2-3 towels to sop the water up. Still, it did not bother me.
The lobby of the hotel is large with very nice couches, big screen TV and a bar. The 2 restaurants had decent food and the larger one had a great breakfast buffet.
The hotel is just a couple blocks to the Trade Center and the sidewalks are very much in need of repair, ladies, bring an extra pair of shoes! Your heels could be ruined! Lot's of street food vendors and convenience store and pharmacy across the street.
The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. I had to purchase an ice pack and the concierge actually walked with me to a large grocery store about a block away!
I felt very safe as there were police around everywhere due to the presidential debates that were taking place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
CrowneP, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear Iyagirl,

Thank you for your comments and i would like to remind that because as a part of InterContinental Hotels Group we need to be pendient for our guest - Just because for our guest this Hotel was made - .
Kind Regards