“Standard”

Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico
Ranked #71 of 307 Hotels in Mexico City
“Standard”
Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Standard hotels, services are ok. Can go again. Not one of my favorites.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
CrowneP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Mr. Esteban Z,

Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated; Thank you for your comments and we look forward to your return visit.

Regards,

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I've stayed in this hotel over 20 times, it is dependable and clean. Located near Insurgentes Sur close to the World Trade Center, the rooms are relatively spacious with nice showers and separate jacuzzi tubs. The lobby has a decent bar that serves food and two restaurants with a good selection of food choices. There are several restaurants within walking distance and I've never had, heard of or seen any issues with being out and about in this part of the city. The workout room is not good; its small and has very cheap equipment.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Denis B,

Thank you for your positive feedback about our Hotel and location. Our apologies about your thoughts on the Gym, we already have a better equipment.
We are glad to know you are a repetitive guest; Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico in this cosmopolitan city and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!.

Kind Regards
Nieuwvliet, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed there for 4 nights during an exhibition in the WTC last June.
It's a very big hotel focused on businesspeople for the World Trade Center, which is just around the corner.
The room is spacious, airco works well, free drinks in minibar, good bed.
Rainshower didn't work and you can't open a window, which I regret a lot, but that's often the case in these kind of hotels.
However, my room was on the third floor, just above the huge ventilation fans outside which cool the whole hotel. The noise was very very loud and 24h/day. I was really tired fortunately so I was able to get some sleep anyway, but I've never experienced this before. Maybe I should have asked another room, but I had already unpacked my luggage and didn't bother.

The food is unfortunately very bad. In the restaurant I had a simple lasagne, but it was heated in the microwave, there was no salt and pepper on the table, just some dry bread, no oil or balsamico, no salad with it. Very poor for a 5 star hotel?? The housewine was like vinegar.
In the bar we ordered several dishes to share and to eat like tapas. Also this food was very poor quality. When I ordered proscuitto, they served me cubes of normal ham, saying that there was no proscuitto available? As if normal ham can substitute prosciutto, better to just tell that it's not available I suppose.
The breakfast is even worse. I've eaten in many 4 and 5 star hotels, but this breakfast was the worst I've seen. Even in a 2 or 3 star hotel or B&B, it's better. The selection was very limited and the quality very bad. I ended up eating fruit and cornflakes every morning. For coffee, we had to ask for it ourselves after 15 minutes and it took another 15 minutes to be served!

The gym is even the worst experience of them all. All of the equipment is very bad and doesn't work. There is also never any personnel present. I found it incredible in such a hotel.

The positive side of the hotel is the staff, they are very friendly. As well at the reception, the restaurant and the concierge. Another positive point is the central location and proximity of the WTC.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Dear Simon D,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Crowne Plaza around. We appreciate your wonderful comment regarding our friendly staff, spacious room and good bed.

However, It sounds like we fell below your expectations especially on the food selection, the noise on your room and the gym. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chihuahua
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stayed for business in the Hotel de Mexico, and I was nicely surprised with very good service and very cozy rooms. Althoght you may hear a big airplane coming by (the hotel it is just beneath the landing path), most of them pass unnoticed. Breakfast buffet it average, but works very good if you are ina hurry. You wil not find a nicer hotel south Viaducto and near Insurgentes sur.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Signore_Colomo,

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about your stay, we appreciate your feedback and are glad you enjoyed the guest service and guest room.
We hope you will continue to use Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico as your lodging of choice.

Winchester
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Nice room, with an inward looking aspect that meant that it was quiet. Very close to the World Trade Centre. I ventured out a couple of times at night for dinner and found the area around the WTC to be busy and safe.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
CrowneP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear freq_biz_tripper,

Thank you for your positive feedback about our location and guest rooms
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Kind Regards,

Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Even though the hotel has non-smoking floors, on entering your room, you can tell immediately that it was a smoking room in the past. That old smoke smell just covers the smell coming from the drains.

An in-room information sheet proudly tells you of the room's features, including that it is "silent". It's true that I didn't hear anyone next door, nor their TVs, until they went in or out. The doors slam so hard that the wall shakes. I was woken nearly every morning by my neighbours going in and out.

No views from the room. Very old decor. Old CRT TV that annoyingly turns on every time you enter the room. Only good thing is that the fridge is actually cold!

The staff at breakfast aren't very friendly. When passing one in a tight spot, he didn't wait for me to pass, but pushed through ahead of me. The food isn't great either.

Wait for the renovations before staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Wait until they are renovated. The nearby Novit looked much nicer (other colleagues stayed here at...
Dear Bradhall71,

Thank you for your review: We are sorry because the smell in the guest room and for the no courtesy from our staff in the restaurant, your comments have been reviewed by the hotel management and appropriate action has been taken to ensure a situation of this nature will not be repeated again.
Thank you for your staying and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you in a near future

Sincerely
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Modern Hotel, well located near WTC at Mexico City. Accomodations and room provided was good and fully serviced. Bathroom also very well furbished. Staff vry kind and helpful at all times. Only negative side is the parking whcih is really messy with a 24 hrs ticket issued at reception but only if you ask for it, which is when the parking lot says is not hotel exclusive. Too late... I really struggled with the ticket thing at this parking lot every single days of my 8 days stay! Hotel staff came twice to save me at the cross bar payment spot, stuck there unable to leave... Bottom line: it is great if you dont have a car.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank corrysp
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Dear corrysp,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We are pleased you liked the location of our hotel as well as your room accommodations. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with our parking. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Regards,