“Very "Business" Convenient”

Ranked #75 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
Miami, Florida
“Very "Business" Convenient”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Have been to this location a few times on business. The room's are roomy and perfect for the business traveler. The decor is good but a bit outdated. I am not a fan of its restaurants; the food is just average and a bit pricy. However, love the "Cafe" in the lobby level. It is very convenient for a quick bit either early morning or late night. The personnel is very, very friendly. There was an issue with the "hot" water in my room this time; temperatue will not go beyond "luke". However, the water at the sink's faucet was almost boiling!. Got spiders in the room (not good for an aracnophobic like me) so this is a sign that fumigation is either overdue or not existant. Recommend the place for its location/accessibility.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher level room facing east, this will give you a good view and would minimize street no...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank CNavarro25
IHGCare, ihgcare at Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Dear CNavarro25,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced with your room. I will follow up with the executive housekeeper to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you in the future.

Brenda J.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Cambridge, England
Reviewed March 1, 2012

The food is vile, except breakfast which scrapes an 'OK'
You are miles from the proper good hotel / restaurant district.
The rooms are small and quite dark.
I was booked in by my PA. If you're doing your own booking in Mexico City forget this one unless it is very cheap!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bravide
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico, responded to this review, March 24, 2012
Bravide,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review.
I would like to offer a sincere apology. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ben J
IHG Care
Rotterdam
Reviewed January 25, 2012

A fair business hotel, big and anonymous. But the staff is really friendly and helpfull and their English is good. I had a King Bed Room, was very spacious with a half open bathroom. Good large television with DVD player and a PC available in the room. Internet WIFI is free of charge available all over the Hotel. The location of the hotel is really good, next to the WTC, enough shops and restaurants around and close to Insurgentes.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
CrowneP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Mr. Ruben V.

Thank you for your wonderful comment; We appreciate you takng the time to make us aware of your experience during your stay.
We look forward to welcoming back again.

Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I too had the same experience as Kosmok reviewer. I had stayed previously in quite a nice room and my stay was fine. Second stay I was given a very small room that was very worn, stained carpet, safe broken and just not of the same standard. To credit the hotel after 1 night I asked to be moved and they did so and the room was much better. I am a gold card loyalty club member of this hotel chain and has specifically requested a room type in advance but this was not taken into account. If you want to be close to WTC then it's probably a good option. I do not and am not taking a chance again.

1 Thank Travelbug0004
IHGCare, ihgcare at Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Dear Travelbug0004,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and comments from our guests are always welcome. We appreciate the feedback that we receive as this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare
Puebla, Mexico
Reviewed January 20, 2012

The rooms are very good, the hotel is kind of new people is very kind , breakfast buffet was what I expected, so the place to stay close to the World Trade Center in Mexico City

Dear Engin22,

We greatly appreciate you have taken the time to write about your positive experience at our hotel.
Thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Kind Regards
Front Office Manager / Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I have stayed here twice, and the first time, I had a very nice room. Modern amenities, comfortable bed, etc. I was pleasantly surprised based on some other experiences I and my colleagues have had around Mexico City.
My room during the second stay was a completely different story. Dirty carpet, stains everywhere, holes in the carpet, desk was old and paint was chipped. Overall, completely different quality room. very disappointing, and hard to believe the room quality for the same rate would be this different. I will not be returning to this property.

3 Thank KosmoK
Dear Kosmok,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is regrettable that your second stay with us did not meet your expectaions. Please accept our sincere apologies.
Even we have differents types of room we have to keep the same quality and functionality in each one of them.
We hope you can give us another chance in order to demostrate the services you are looking for.
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I stayed in Crowne de Plaza for about 9 days on my first trip to Mexico City. The staff is very helpful. The best part is that most of the staff speaks english so its easy for you to communicate if you don't speak spanish. One thing which was lacking was choice of vegetarian food since I am a vegetarian. But whatever is their to offer is good. Also the hotel is located in a very good neighbourhood with walking distance to Starbucks coffee and World Trade Center. This makes it convinient for you to explore the city with close viscinity to restaurants, convinient stores, bakeries and malls. Also the concierge would help you with taxi reservations and even the popular micro-buses and metro buses can be hailed just outside the hotel premises. You also have a choice of the restaurants which hotel has, though I didn't get time to try it but with the hustle bustle around I am sure its worth a try. Also they have a desktop with multiple services provided which helps you spend time just incase you are not in a mood to explore the place. May be just listen to some music. Have a mini bar (on request) and a coffee machine in the rooms so thats one advantage if you plan to work late night. Though their room service with variety of things on list is always available.

Room Tip: 1. Try choosing a front view room, it may give you a glimpse of the WTC and the road. 2. I was give...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Sirish_21
Miguel Angel R, Gerente at Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexico, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Sirish_21,

We are glad to hear your comments regarding your experience with us; Thank you for your positive feedback about our staff, the Hotel location, the Guest Service desk, the Room facilities and the food choices.
We look forward to serving your future lodging needs

Crowne Plaza Hotel de Mexcio