My boyfriend and I stayed at the NH Centro Historico for 8 nights in January. It was a great hotel. As a previous poster said, there are some quirky things: you do need to keep a key inserted to have the lights on, and getting in and out of the bathtub is a little awkward, although havinig a bathtub was great. The rooms are small, but when you're in Mexico City, who wants to be in the room! The room has a more modern feel; my bf especially liked the frosted glass bathroom door and the dark wood furniture.
The staff were great. They tried to sell us on tours, but remained amiable when we declined. When we took a side trip for a few days, we left our major luggage in our room (because we booked on Orbitz, we were still paying for it), and it was secure when we returned.
We ordered room service a few times. The food, in my opinion, was reasonably priced for room service, especially given the quality. (I've only ordered room service in the US before, and this was much better quality food). Again, though, it was a little inconsistent: I ordered the same salad twice, and the second time it lacked some of the ingredients. With two of our meals, we ordered Coca-Cola, but only once were the bottles opened.
The only other issue was that the two taxis we used while in DF didn't recognize the name of the hotel. Maybe with time, this will change, but it's a good idea to have the address, and possibly the names of the cross-streets, with you, as one driver asked us about that.
Still, the location and quality far outweigh what we saw as minor issues. I would definitely stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NH Centro Historico is located in the heart of Mexico City, only a few steps away from the Zocalo (Main Square), the magnificent Metropolitan Cathedral, and the National Library. The hotel offers an ideal starting point to visit the majority of historic buildings and monuments in this capital city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with NHHotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your NH Mexico City Centro Historico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nh Centro Historico Hotel Mexico City
- Nh Centro Historico Mexico City
- NH Mexico City Centro Historico