“Wonderful” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 303 Hotels in Mexico City
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Wonderful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

When I booked my hotels in Mexico, I saw that they have now a Meridien. From the comments I can see its fairly recent. In any case, they gave me a corner suite in the 18th floor. The rooms are very big and very comfortable, ( just too bad it's a bath tub and not a walk in shower).

The service was excellent throughout my stay. The breakfast buffet is excellent, and you can order eggs, as it is included.

On one of the nights I was there, Mexico had an earthquake, a 5,8 in the south of the city. The people told me after that it was a small one...well, I don't want to experience stronger. On the 18th floor my bed was dancing, the doors were flapping. It did not last very long, but I felt extremely safe throughout. I think the building is really well made to resist these.

The bartenders on the Lobby floor are very friend,y and generous in their drinks.

The hotel taxi however, ummmm... There are nicer taxis in the street, therefore for the price, go for the street taxi, just make sure the driver uses the meter before you get in.

Le Meridien is also in a great location...don't fear going in the streets behind it during the week. It has the vibrant life of Mexico with all these outdoor food vendors.

Room Tip: If you need more "free" bottles of water, simply ask or go to the gym on B2 and get some...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Daniel3282
LeMeridienMexicoCity, General Manager at Le Meridien Mexico City, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
We sincerely appreciate your thorough and favourable review. It is great to hear that you widely enjoyed your stay at the new Le Méridien Mexico City as well as the all-day vitality of our great city, taking advantage of our convenient location. We are very glad to know you felt safe at all times and that our staff, particularly our bartenders, made you feel welcome. We appreciate your feedback regarding the tourist guides' site at the hotel. You can rest assured that we work along with them on a daily basis so they provide our guests with the same quality service as the hotel staff. Thank you for your constructive feedback which allows us to strive for excellence. We truly hope to have you again with us next time you visit Mexico City as our valued guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

After 5 years of constant travel to Mexico City I have finally found an amazing hotel that has it all. The rooms are sparkling clean, and spacious. The beds are comfortable and cozy, the wireless internet connection was strong and steady, even on the 19th floor and best of all the rooms are supper QUIET, I didn't hear a thing in my room my entire stay. I sing high enough praises for the staff, they were helpful and went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable. The food was very good and their selection of healthy options is one of the best I have seen. If you are ordering room service, the salmon is a great option. The only thing that could use improvement is the cramped gym, but honestly the machines are very well kept and I had no problems working out as there was no one else in there every time I used it. The location is great, right on Reforma, you can take a walk safely around the neighborhood and the drivers of the hotel, though pricey are well worth it. This hotel is exactly what I would expect a Starwood location to be.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Moni558
LeMeridienMexicoCity, General Manager at Le Meridien Mexico City, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
On behalf of the entire team at Le Méridien Mexico City, we deeply thank you for your time on writing such a positive review. Knowing that everything went as expected and that you felt well assisted by our staff encourages us to continue providing our guests with our warmest hospitality and with the highest quality service possible. Above all, it is our great honour to hear that you finally found at our hotel your “home away from home” whilst in Mexico City. We will be sincerely pleased to welcome you back again as our valued guest for your future trips.
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This hotel is in a great location. You can walk to the historical centre, to the zona rosa, and there are interesting things to see all around the hotel - just set off in almost any direction! The location felt very safe and we made a point of going out for a walk in the evening after dinner every night. Being right on the Paseo de la Reforma means we took advantage of a special treat! On Sundays the middle lanes of the normally traffic clogged Paseo de la Reforma are closed to traffic until 3 pm or so and the hotel will loan you a bike so you can join in this wonderful event! Or you can simply jog or walk - whatever you want! The restaurant on the main floor has huge windows overlooking the Paseo de la Reforma and this provided us with hours of people watching fun over dinner and a glass or two of wine!

As for service - we were politely greeted at the car by three people when we arrived, and our luggage was taken for us up to the 2nd floor lobby for check-in. While checking in we were each given small bottles of water - a nice touch after our 5 hour flight. Our rooms were spotless and HUGE! The windows, due to the anti-earthquake construction and external glass sheath - are somewhat small but let in more than enough natural light. There is also a Starbucks on the main floor if you need a latte fix. All staff we encountered spoke excellent English and were very helpful with directions and suggestions.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BrentBorg
LeMeridienMexicoCity, General Manager at Le Meridien Mexico City, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for your kind and detailed review. It is great to hear that you and your family experienced a warm welcome since your arrival and that you found our rooms to be spacious and comfortable. It is also our pleasure to see that you widely took advantage of our location visiting some of the main areas in the city and furthermore, that you felt safe at all times. As a coffee culture passionate, for your next visit, we will be pleased to welcome you to Latitude, where you will enjoy the experience of drinking your favourite cup of coffee, enriched by an inspiring cultural ambience. On behalf of the entire team, we sincerely appreciate your positive feedback and we all look forward to welcome you and your family back again.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This hotel (formerly Embassy Suites) is the best for overall quality and service. A true family of associates with high level of service and quality. Rooms are always fresh and spottless, restaurant service and quality of menu is terrific, location excellent in the Reforma.

Always enjoy returning

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank John F
LeMeridienMexicoCity, General Manager at Le Meridien Mexico City, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
First of all, thank you for your loyalty during the past years and for taking the time on writing such an encouraging review. It is great to hear that your most recent experience with us was up to your expectations and that the friendliness provided by our team revealed our unique goal of making our valued guests feel like home. We are thrilled to know that we continue to be the hotel of your choice. Even more, we trust that you will find your following stays at the new Le Méridien Mexico City, more inspiring and inviting. On behalf of the entire staff, we look forward to welcoming you back again with our same hospitality and consistent quality service for many years to come.
Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

More than pleased. Superb customer service and stunning rooms and amenities. The pool in the basement was under utilized, which was great for me. It was like having my own private pool and hot tub.

It's certainly in a nice area, but it's not all that close to Zona Rosa if you want to go there. If you go a little north, you're in Hidalgo, which I like a lot, but it's probably not what most tourists want. I like to enjoy authentic Mexican street food and buy from the vendors on the street.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
LeMeridienMexicoCity, General Manager at Le Meridien Mexico City, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for your favourable comment. We are proud to learn about your positive experience at our hotel and to hear that you consider our customer service exceptional. We will definitely pass on your kind words to our staff who will be very glad to know their effort worth it. On behalf of the entire team, we sincerely hope to have you again with us for your next trip to Mexico City.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed for a week on recent trip. Good centrally situated hotel in Mexico city. Room was well appointed, rooms with separate bedrooms and lounge. Good Breakfast, and the the meals I took at the hotel were very good quality and value. Last but not least the staff couldn't do enough to make sure you enjoyed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
LeMeridienMexicoCity, General Manager at Le Meridien Mexico City, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
We would like to genuinely thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us regarding your past stay. We are pleased to know that our passion for service and convenient location were noted. We are constantly working on achieving an authentic style and in building inspiring spaces in order to stimulate our guests’ senses making their stay more pleasurable. We look forward to welcoming you again soon and kindly let us know if there is anything special we can do to make your visit an illuminating experience.
Huatulco, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I must be honest. I liked this hotel better when it was Embassy Suites. It was the place I always stayed when I travelled to Mexico City on business. When I heard that it changed names, I was worried. When I stayed here though, I realize that basically nothing has changed except fo the price and the free breakfast. The employees are still the same friendly staff that has always attended us. The rooms are exactly the same, no changes at all (which is a good thing). The entrance seems to be undergoing remodeling but everything else is exactly the same except for the wonderful, free breakfast. Which leads me to the next question...why is it more expensive then? You think it would be cheaper because breakfast isn't included anymore. Oh well, I'll still stay here because I like the rooms and the location. it´s a very clean, comfortable and safe hotel. I hope they will reconsider breakfast though.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dakini68
LeMeridienMexicoCity, General Manager at Le Meridien Mexico City, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
On behalf of the entire team, we would like to express our gratitude for such a great review and moreover, for your loyalty. We are really excited about our new brand and we are glad that the service provided by our staff made you feel welcome as previously. Indeed, our suites are also scheduled for renovation and you can rest assured that additionally to the comfort you have already experienced in each and every of your visits, you will definitely sense a more sophisticated ambience, not only in our suites but throughout our hotel and services. With all the aforesaid, we hope to continue to be “your home away from home” for many years to come and continue to welcoming you back with our same hospitality.