“Stellar.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
“Stellar.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

More than pleased. Superb customer service and stunning rooms and amenities. The pool in the basement was under utilized, which was great for me. It was like having my own private pool and hot tub.

It's certainly in a nice area, but it's not all that close to Zona Rosa if you want to go there. If you go a little north, you're in Hidalgo, which I like a lot, but it's probably not what most tourists want. I like to enjoy authentic Mexican street food and buy from the vendors on the street.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LeMeridienMexicoCity, General Manager at Le Meridien Mexico City, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for your favourable comment. We are proud to learn about your positive experience at our hotel and to hear that you consider our customer service exceptional. We will definitely pass on your kind words to our staff who will be very glad to know their effort worth it. On behalf of the entire team, we sincerely hope to have you again with us for your next trip to Mexico City.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed for a week on recent trip. Good centrally situated hotel in Mexico city. Room was well appointed, rooms with separate bedrooms and lounge. Good Breakfast, and the the meals I took at the hotel were very good quality and value. Last but not least the staff couldn't do enough to make sure you enjoyed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LeMeridienMexicoCity, General Manager at Le Meridien Mexico City, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
We would like to genuinely thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us regarding your past stay. We are pleased to know that our passion for service and convenient location were noted. We are constantly working on achieving an authentic style and in building inspiring spaces in order to stimulate our guests’ senses making their stay more pleasurable. We look forward to welcoming you again soon and kindly let us know if there is anything special we can do to make your visit an illuminating experience.
Huatulco, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I must be honest. I liked this hotel better when it was Embassy Suites. It was the place I always stayed when I travelled to Mexico City on business. When I heard that it changed names, I was worried. When I stayed here though, I realize that basically nothing has changed except fo the price and the free breakfast. The employees are still the same friendly staff that has always attended us. The rooms are exactly the same, no changes at all (which is a good thing). The entrance seems to be undergoing remodeling but everything else is exactly the same except for the wonderful, free breakfast. Which leads me to the next question...why is it more expensive then? You think it would be cheaper because breakfast isn't included anymore. Oh well, I'll still stay here because I like the rooms and the location. it´s a very clean, comfortable and safe hotel. I hope they will reconsider breakfast though.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dakini68
LeMeridienMexicoCity, General Manager at Le Meridien Mexico City, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
On behalf of the entire team, we would like to express our gratitude for such a great review and moreover, for your loyalty. We are really excited about our new brand and we are glad that the service provided by our staff made you feel welcome as previously. Indeed, our suites are also scheduled for renovation and you can rest assured that additionally to the comfort you have already experienced in each and every of your visits, you will definitely sense a more sophisticated ambience, not only in our suites but throughout our hotel and services. With all the aforesaid, we hope to continue to be “your home away from home” for many years to come and continue to welcoming you back with our same hospitality.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

The Le Meridien hotel has a good location and is a nice walk over to the Historical Center of Mexico City. I found the staff to be very helpful, especially with arranging taxis and I appreciated how polite everyone was.

Rooms are...just okay. The hotel is all suites which is nice. However, even though the hotel seems fairly new (or possibly renovated), the rooms look dated already. They almost resemble the old Sheraton style that Starwood has since moved on from. The rooms are very large though. Room service has a large menu and it meets expectations.

Good choice for exploring the city and it usually has competitive rates.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LeMeridienMexicoCity, General Manager at Le Meridien Mexico City, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for having taken the time to write such a complete review about your stay with us. Firstly, we are sincerely glad that you were delighted by our staff’s warm Mexican hospitality. They are genuinely committed to provide our guests with the best service and to make their trip the most enriching experience possible. Mexico City is definitely a very inspiring destination and we are proud you got to know part of it. We have noted your comment regarding our suites. Indeed, they are to complete a renovation process as well and will definitely look more inviting, in addition to the ambience of comfort, privacy and spaciousness they already provide. We appreciate your patronage and truly hope to welcome you back to Le Méridien Mexico City for your next trip.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Spent two nights at Le Meridien in Mexico City in March. It use to be a Embassy suites hotel so the rooms are large with a separate living area. I had the best sleep I've had in a hotel in a long time at this hotel. Check in is one level up from the entrance. There is a Starbucks adjacent to the hotel and two options for dining at the hotel, the restaurant and the bar/lounge on the same level as the check in desk. I tried breakfast once while there and didn't find much that I liked amongst the choices. I tried dinner once and found it to be lackluster with spotty service. It is in a good location to getting around the city and I found the staff to be friendly and welcoming. Overall the room was clean, but had a little issue with the water pressure in the bathroom. All in all, it got the job done, a clean place to sleep, get clean and get nourished on my short business trip.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
We deeply thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you felt welcome by our hotel staff and that you enjoyed such a deep restful sleep during your 2 night stay with us. We also appreciate your constructive feedback regarding our breakfast selection; for your next trip, it will be our pleasure to meet with you and learn more about your food preferences. Concerning the incident with the water pressure in your suite bathroom and with the experience at our restaurant, we truly apologize for these inconveniences. Definitely, we will work along with our team on providing the best high quality service to our guests in a consistent basis. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your sincere comments and hope that, for your next trip plans, you will consider us again as the hotel of your choice. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back again to Le Méridien Mexico City.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I've stayed at this SPG property two times already, and I'm planning in turning it into my Mexico City new home. The rooms are well equipped, and if you get upgraded, the suites are great. Specially one That was different from the rest ;) (not telling you which, you figure it out)

Service, I would say, is their best asset. EVERY ONE is very helpful, always smiling and dedicated to helping you. Everyone... front desk, managers, supervisors, bell boys... everyone.

I should mention... Antonia, from house keeping. She is the best. She understood exactly whay I needed without me telling her. She is an asset to this hotel, and she, without doubt, is the reason why I'm coming back again and again.

The restaurant used to be s steak-house back in the embassy-suites days. It used to be a really good place to eat, but now they changed their menu, which I don't like. Luckily for me, just half a block away you can walk into a great Argentinean place.

The only con I found is that the hotel windows are covered with some decorative white stripes. Such a beautiful view of Reforma, and they covered it away... Oh well...

PS: I'm an SPG Platinum Ambassador, which means I spend my life in hotels...

Room Tip: find your own favorite room, I got mine and not telling :)
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LeMeridienMexicoCity, General Manager at Le Meridien Mexico City, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
On behalf of the entire team, we would like to thank you for your positive feedback. Our staff will be very glad to know how special they made you feel during your stay, and particularly, Antonia. We have given to her the proper acknowledgement, indeed, she is very proud to know how significantly her hard work contributes to our success. We have noted your comment regarding our C’est la Vie restaurant menu. Please, should you are planning to return, our Food and Beverage Manager and Executive Chef would like to learn personally about your recommendations and suggestions. We sincerely appreciate your constructive feedback and hope be your “home away from home” in the near future.
Lompoc, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

In its excellent location on Reforma, the Le Meridien took great care of me during my visit. I didn't know the hotel when it was the Embassy Suites, but the legacy of having separate sleeping and living quarters is evident, and most welcome. Thanks to a generous SPG Platinum benefit upgrade, I had an enormous corner suite, with stunning views in various directions. I found a minor housekeeping oversight upon arrival, but was pleased that staff responded immediately to fix it, in spite of it being literally the middle of the night. Room service was tasty and prompt. It would have been nice to have more than 2 towels, but I'm sure I could have called for more. The Valet was prompt and helpful, as were the front desk staff. Overall, an excellent option for visits to the Reforma area. I will definitely be back.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
LeMeridienMexicoCity, General Manager at Le Meridien Mexico City, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such an encouraging review. It is great to hear you encountered a very positive experience at our new Le Méridien Mexico City and that you completely enjoyed our Starwood Preferred Guest programme benefits. We regret the inconvenience encountered upon your arrival and we are glad that this was successfully amended according to your expectations, in a timely manner. We appreciate your special mention to our team, they will be very proud to know that their commitment to quality was revealed on their service. We sincerely hope to see you again in the near future, it will certainly be our pleasure to welcome you back with our same hospitality.