“Decent value for money”

Ranked #22 of 306 Hotels in Mexico City
Chicago, Illinois
“Decent value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

The Le Meridien hotel has a good location and is a nice walk over to the Historical Center of Mexico City. I found the staff to be very helpful, especially with arranging taxis and I appreciated how polite everyone was.

Rooms are...just okay. The hotel is all suites which is nice. However, even though the hotel seems fairly new (or possibly renovated), the rooms look dated already. They almost resemble the old Sheraton style that Starwood has since moved on from. The rooms are very large though. Room service has a large menu and it meets expectations.

Good choice for exploring the city and it usually has competitive rates.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
LeMeridienMexicoCity, General Manager at Le Meridien Mexico City, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for having taken the time to write such a complete review about your stay with us. Firstly, we are sincerely glad that you were delighted by our staff’s warm Mexican hospitality. They are genuinely committed to provide our guests with the best service and to make their trip the most enriching experience possible. Mexico City is definitely a very inspiring destination and we are proud you got to know part of it. We have noted your comment regarding our suites. Indeed, they are to complete a renovation process as well and will definitely look more inviting, in addition to the ambience of comfort, privacy and spaciousness they already provide. We appreciate your patronage and truly hope to welcome you back to Le Méridien Mexico City for your next trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Spent two nights at Le Meridien in Mexico City in March. It use to be a Embassy suites hotel so the rooms are large with a separate living area. I had the best sleep I've had in a hotel in a long time at this hotel. Check in is one level up from the entrance. There is a Starbucks adjacent to the hotel and two options for dining at the hotel, the restaurant and the bar/lounge on the same level as the check in desk. I tried breakfast once while there and didn't find much that I liked amongst the choices. I tried dinner once and found it to be lackluster with spotty service. It is in a good location to getting around the city and I found the staff to be friendly and welcoming. Overall the room was clean, but had a little issue with the water pressure in the bathroom. All in all, it got the job done, a clean place to sleep, get clean and get nourished on my short business trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We deeply thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you felt welcome by our hotel staff and that you enjoyed such a deep restful sleep during your 2 night stay with us. We also appreciate your constructive feedback regarding our breakfast selection; for your next trip, it will be our pleasure to meet with you and learn more about your food preferences. Concerning the incident with the water pressure in your suite bathroom and with the experience at our restaurant, we truly apologize for these inconveniences. Definitely, we will work along with our team on providing the best high quality service to our guests in a consistent basis. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your sincere comments and hope that, for your next trip plans, you will consider us again as the hotel of your choice. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back again to Le Méridien Mexico City.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I've stayed at this SPG property two times already, and I'm planning in turning it into my Mexico City new home. The rooms are well equipped, and if you get upgraded, the suites are great. Specially one That was different from the rest ;) (not telling you which, you figure it out)

Service, I would say, is their best asset. EVERY ONE is very helpful, always smiling and dedicated to helping you. Everyone... front desk, managers, supervisors, bell boys... everyone.

I should mention... Antonia, from house keeping. She is the best. She understood exactly whay I needed without me telling her. She is an asset to this hotel, and she, without doubt, is the reason why I'm coming back again and again.

The restaurant used to be s steak-house back in the embassy-suites days. It used to be a really good place to eat, but now they changed their menu, which I don't like. Luckily for me, just half a block away you can walk into a great Argentinean place.

The only con I found is that the hotel windows are covered with some decorative white stripes. Such a beautiful view of Reforma, and they covered it away... Oh well...

PS: I'm an SPG Platinum Ambassador, which means I spend my life in hotels...

Room Tip: find your own favorite room, I got mine and not telling :)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
LeMeridienMexicoCity, General Manager at Le Meridien Mexico City, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
On behalf of the entire team, we would like to thank you for your positive feedback. Our staff will be very glad to know how special they made you feel during your stay, and particularly, Antonia. We have given to her the proper acknowledgement, indeed, she is very proud to know how significantly her hard work contributes to our success. We have noted your comment regarding our C’est la Vie restaurant menu. Please, should you are planning to return, our Food and Beverage Manager and Executive Chef would like to learn personally about your recommendations and suggestions. We sincerely appreciate your constructive feedback and hope be your “home away from home” in the near future.
Lompoc, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

In its excellent location on Reforma, the Le Meridien took great care of me during my visit. I didn't know the hotel when it was the Embassy Suites, but the legacy of having separate sleeping and living quarters is evident, and most welcome. Thanks to a generous SPG Platinum benefit upgrade, I had an enormous corner suite, with stunning views in various directions. I found a minor housekeeping oversight upon arrival, but was pleased that staff responded immediately to fix it, in spite of it being literally the middle of the night. Room service was tasty and prompt. It would have been nice to have more than 2 towels, but I'm sure I could have called for more. The Valet was prompt and helpful, as were the front desk staff. Overall, an excellent option for visits to the Reforma area. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
LeMeridienMexicoCity, General Manager at Le Meridien Mexico City, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such an encouraging review. It is great to hear you encountered a very positive experience at our new Le Méridien Mexico City and that you completely enjoyed our Starwood Preferred Guest programme benefits. We regret the inconvenience encountered upon your arrival and we are glad that this was successfully amended according to your expectations, in a timely manner. We appreciate your special mention to our team, they will be very proud to know that their commitment to quality was revealed on their service. We sincerely hope to see you again in the near future, it will certainly be our pleasure to welcome you back with our same hospitality.
Madrid
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I wrote a review on the old Embassy Suites and I need to do this place justice by updating. I have used this Hotel for the last 2 years. Last autumn it became a Le Meridien and this has caused all srots of issues, but the place is basically the same. The Hotel is right on Reforma, it is easy for the airport, easy for Histoirical and easy for the business districts with the exception of Santa Fe. The drivers are usually great, the staff are fantastic and the rooms are spacious. Breakfast is good and you can always suplement any failings with the in house Stabucks. I have looked and tried others, but I like this Hotel. Business but not cold, family but with full services. You want a defect, the showers are fine but not the best.

Room Tip: Corners have more light.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank 11alexis
LeMeridienMexicoCity, General Manager at Le Meridien Mexico City, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for your review. It gives us a great pleasure having you as our valued guest during the last years and we are glad that you are now discovering our new Le Méridien Mexico City. Alike, we are really excited and you can rest assured that our staff will be always delighted to welcome you back to this your “home away from home”. As a coffee culture passionate, for your next visit, we will be pleased to welcome you to Latitude and lavish you with your favourite coffee. We are deeply grateful for your continued business and hope to have you again with us for many years to come.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

I just stayed at Le Meridien for 5 nights for a business trip that I had in Mexico. Having stayed at almost all Starwood properties in Mexico from the St Regis to the Sheraton Maria Isabel. I was excited about staying here.

First the Blah factor:
1. The pool and gym area are clean, an adequate but nothing to write home about.

The WOW!:
1. The rooms (Suites) are huge!
2. The Staff is SECOND TO NONE!!! For me the staff is the best asset this hotel has.
3. I had a lot of laundry to do since this stop was after a long world trip. They have a very convenient SELF SERVICE laundry in site. Put your laundry in.. set a timer... go relax... come back and it's done... I washed all my clothes for uner $5.00
4. The location it's very convenient to both old downtown and the Reforma Business district!
5. The internet is pretty good! :)

I strongly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: If you need to travel around Mexico City use the METRO BUS, but you have to buy a card first (At the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
LeMeridienMexicoCity, General Manager at Le Meridien Mexico City, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
On behalf of the entire team, thank you for writing such an insightful and positive review. We will pleasantly forward your recognition words to our staff who will be highly satisfied to learn that they made your stay a remarkable experience with their warm hospitality. We are glad you enjoyed our suites, services and facilities and that you found our location to be really convenient for your business trip. We truly appreciate your loyalty to Starwood Hotels and Resorts and sincerely hope to welcome you back to Le Méridien Mexico City in the very near future, whether your travel plans brings you back to Mexico City for business of for leisure.
Sandy, Utah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

I hit Platinum with SPG's program last year due to a recent demand to be in Mexico City. I have stayed at 4 of Starwood's 5 hotels in the area (St. Regis still outside my price range/needs). I find Le Meridien to be the best by far because of the value.

The location is superb being right on Reforma but far enough removed to be able to get around protests or other traffic related events if needed. There are plenty of good restaurants to eat at close by. It's very close to Ciudadela (large local crafts market).

The rooms are suites so you have a bedroom a part from a small work room which makes having business meetings a lot easier. The internet is fast and reliable (a must!). The views aren't the greatest because of the building design but I am either outside working or on my computer working so it's not an issue for me.

The staff is very friendly and attentive to guest's needs.

I plan on staying here for the 100+ days I'll be here in Mexico City this year. No need to go anywhere else!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write about your positive experience whilst staying at Le Méridien Mexico City. We sincerely appreciate your patronage, particularly when planning on to stay with us for such a very long stay. We are very proud to know that you have found our staff, services, facilities and value to be suitable for your long stay needs and will certainly be committed to provide you with the best service during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for loyalty to Starwood Hotels and Resorts and for allowing Le Méridien Mexico City to be your “home away from home” whilst in Mexico City.