“I always read the reviews but THIS HOTEL made me write my first one”
Review of Condesa Reforma

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Condesa Reforma
Ranked #288 of 310 Hotels in Mexico City
Oaxaca, Mexico
“I always read the reviews but THIS HOTEL made me write my first one”
Reviewed February 5, 2011

The only reason I booked this hotel was because it was close to Reforma Ave.,and because it offered breakfast. For the same price I could've booked the Radisson Flamingo. (33 dlls plus 2 kids and taxes 58.60 per night) But i chose this one....BIG MISTAKE. First of all it's one block from reforma...but that street is under constuction so you have to walk around and it can be quite dangerous at night especially with kids. At check-in I asked the receptionist about breakfast and she told me it was from 8-10. So the next day I arrived there and she said they didn't have anything to eat.... She knew all along.....I could tell in her face.... I guess they don't serve breakfast on sundays, but when you make a reservation it doesn't say that. .and they didn't refund the extra I paid for the kids' breakfast. I was furious I asked for the manager but I guess no one works sundays. We had no option but to go to the closest store, grab some milk for the kids and cofee, and on my way back I gave her the receipt(7 dlls) The next day they gave me my $7 but this episode almost ruined my vacation. My family lives in Mexico City told me that for under 50 dlls the best hotel would've been 'El Ejecutivo' on Reforma.
So PLEASE read the reviews!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank mitzelm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Korean first
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
Reviewed September 2, 2010

we booked a room and got the "garden suite" which turned out to be a dark hole on the ground floor behind the recepcion desk with a window looking onto a concrete wall of the next door building.

we arrived late and tried to settle in for the night ...........but the two seperate beds that we had where so hard that none of us could go to sleep,at 3 am I went to the recepcion to ask if they had another room with diferent matresses,the girl told me to check in the morning after eleven there would be check outs and we could choose another room

after a torturing 6 more hrs we got up and really saw where we had landed,the room was a dump with stained carpet and walls a tiny bathroom with towels so thin that the morning mist made them drip with water and one tiny piece of soap.

going back to the front desk the girl attending had changed shift and we found another friendly lady who told us the Hotel was booked and there would be no room change possible - we left even so we had 4 nights paid in advance there was no offer of reimbursement or anything

I definatly do not recomend this place.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank uncleho69

Travelers are raving about these Mexico City hotels

Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed May 29, 2010

When I checked in, I was told that the price is 30 dollars per day. Then one day when I walked out of the lobby, they asked me to pay 35 dollars per day. I argued that on hotels.com, the price is only 30. I showed them the website using my phone. It turns out that the final price on hotels.com is 38 (including tax and fee). After see this, the staff insisted charging me 38 instead of 35, and her argument is that "You like Internet price, and I am charging you the Internet price".

What's more. Though the quotes were in terms of dollars, they charged me in pesos, and "their exchange ratio" was in their favor

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
4 Thank 286
Milton Keynes Uk
Reviewed November 3, 2009

This is not the hotel for you if you want luxury or sleep. This hotel is very basic but clean although did smell very much like toilet cleaner. The room was large with kitchenette facilities. The reception and hall decor were dirty and dated - definitely in need of lick of paint.

The walls are very thin and you can hear everything and I mean everything that is happening in the next room which is not condusive to a good nights sleep.

Breakfast was very basic - the so called continental breakfast was make your own coffee and toast using an opened bag of white sliced bread.

All in all I would question whether this deserves a 3 star rating, we would certainly not recommend it nor be going back

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed May 29, 2009

there was no concierge. Had to store our luggage in the toilet after we checked out by ourselves. it was insecure and no help was given in bringing our luggage down . The receptionist did not speak English . The food was terrible

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Mexico Cty
Reviewed April 15, 2009

I stayed for one week. My room was very clean, employees very helpful and the location super. Walking distance to Bellas Artes and Centro Historico and Zone Rosa. A short bus ride to Cahpultepec park. There is a shopping mall with-in a short walk. If one is in Mexico City for any length on business the rooms are equipped a small refrig. two burner hot plate and micro-wave. The rooms also have eating utensils.
I defiantly stay again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Grandmasharpe
Middle East
Reviewed July 30, 2008

We were a group of 4 people. We stayed our last night in Mexico in this terrible hotel as we returned from Acapulco.
When we arrived there, the hotel looked very bad even before you enter there. Don't look at the photos in the internet because I think that they were taken when the hotel was new. The hotel was under renovation when we were there. The smell of the paint was very bad. Also the smell of the carpets in the room was very bad, and we found cockroch the room.
Also the bathroom smells very bad. Towels were very thin and there was no shampoo in the hotel.
Our reservation was for two double rooms and they were not able to fulfill this, so they gave us a triple room and a single room.
In addition to that, the staff don't speak a single word in English. We wanted to book a Taxi to go to the airport. The staff didn't understand what we want and they were not able to help us. I went to a close hotel to help me in the Taxi reservation.
Simply don't go there. Believe me it had been very bad experience. You can contact me if you need further info.
amin_tabri@yahoo.com

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank AminTabri