“Pretty cool views”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Pretty cool views”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

So if you are in this area, go check it out! And definitely have your camera. You get to see all directions unobstructed. The tour guides up top were good and spoke English. No bathrooms open when I was there :( and the nearest one was far (in a hotel)--so that was a bummer. Had a great view of watching airplanes come into the city and also watching all the people play in the water fountain feature. I went in the day but I think it would be neat to see at night as well. I'll try to go again and see which time of day is better.

Visited August 2012

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Independencia!”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I like the monument. It's a symbol of the Mexican natuionality and the symbol of revolution. I can compare it with the Arc of Triumph as it represents a similar cause. Really cool architecture and not enough people. I hate crowds.

Visited July 2012
Lima, Peru
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Nice but small”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

It´s very nice but very small. I think is better to know it by the turibus as a part of a very big citytour day

Visited August 2012
Ji'an, China
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great place to visit; popular with the locals”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

The monument and underground museum were just a block from my hotel and I spent a lot of my time there during my visit to Mexico City. Yes, the monument is a beautiful piece of architectural artwork (I especially like the design of the dome interior) and I got plenty of shots. Yes, the museum underground was very interesting. But what I liked most about the place was that so many locals spent time there. Whether running in the water as it alternately squirted up from the ground in a pattern or skateboarding or hooking up a stereo system and dancing to the music or couples romantically enjoying each other's company or school bands practicing or military school students marching, I enjoyed watching people as they used the monument and surrounding plaza in various ways.

Visited May 2012
Nashville
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Pleasant evening with a veiw”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

The monument has been in our backyard for the last 13 years that we've gone to the Mexico city area to work. A couple of years ago, they finally refurbished and modernized it, so you can ride an elevator to the observation level and have a nice view of the city. It is not expensive, and there is a nice museum in the basement about the revolution. The area is well lighted, and I feel very safe there.

Visited March 2012