“Slick hotel, make sure there are no events on.”
Review of Condesa DF

Condesa DF
Ranked #175 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
London, United Kingdom
“Slick hotel, make sure there are no events on.”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed for one night, great taxi pick up from the airport, and checked in to the hotel. Cool neighbourhood with a great room. We were unable to use the roof terrace due to a wedding which was a shame, and if we had not had jet lag would have been an issue due to the noise. It was as if we were on the dance floor with the band!!
Dinner was good and the portions were pretty small.
When checking out they had decided that morning to run a late breakfast and despite agreeing a taxi fee with the hotel, the taxi decided to charge us double, no apologies for the noise, and not even a complimentary bottle of water....

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not under the band on the fourth floor!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jeffsal
dan b, Gerente at Condesa DF, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Jeffsal:

I am glad you liked the hotel. My apologies for the inconvenices regarding the noise, for your next visit please contact me directly so we can book you more quite rooms. Regarding the Taxi service: please let me know what happened so we can help you solve this matter. Hope to see you back with us soon

Best Regards
Dan Bielak

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I checked in to the hotel on a Wednesday and left for a meeting within the hotel. The front desk tracked me down to tell me I had the wrong room? Not sure why, but they were insistent that I move. Not a problem, I moved. The rooms are very small (both, the one I was first in and now the second) but still not a big deal. When I went to wash my hands, I noticed that the bar of soap had already been used and so had the hand towel. Then upon looking around, I noticed that the lotion was turned upside down so that someone could get the very last bit of lotion out of the bottle. I also noticed that there was tissue in the trash can. If housekeeping can miss those obvious things, I worry about how many microscopic things get missed. Housekeeping also left a used towel on the hook within the bathroom. Not a wash cloth, but a full size bath towel. I told the front desk on my way out to dinner about the bathroom and asked them to correct it. When I returned, they had put a new bar of soap on the counter and left the used one, nothing else was cleaned. I get that MAYBE leaving a bar of soap to reuse is an environmentally friendly gesture, but I don’t need tissues in the trash can and used towels on the shower hook. I would recommend choosing another hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Steve S
dan b, Gerente at Condesa DF, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Steve:
thank you for your comments, I have go through everything you mentioned with the front desk and house keeping. I asure you this is not at all a standar for us at CONDESA df and this will not happen in the future.

hope to have you with us again to see by yourself that we meet and exceed our guests expectations

sincerely

Travelers are raving about these Mexico City hotels

Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I live in Mexico City and have the opportunity to visit the hotel for business meetings as well as relaxation.

Te restaurant at the lobby has a wonderful atmosphere. I visit this restaurante at least two to three times a week.

If you live in Mexico City or you are visiting, don´t miss the opportunity to visit or stay at one of the best hotels in one of the best areas of Mexico City.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The best place to stay in Mexico is the wonderful hotel Condesa DF. The service is excellent and the rooms are very comfortable. The location the hotel is perfect, it is near many touristic places to enjoy the beauty and the greatness of the Mexican culture, through their food, music and incredible landscapes. The restaurant of the hotel is delicious, I enjoyed every meal when I was there. Also, all the workers are the hotel are very polite, respectful, and efficient. The roof is the location of their bar and gourmet restaurant which makes it the perfect place to hang out at night. Every detail of the hotel is well done, my best stay ever was in this amazing hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Paris, France
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We read the reviews before choosing this hotel on our first trip to Mexico city. When we arrived we were amazed by the place and its location, it is settled infront of a park apart from the hectic city life. It is quite centric so it is easy to get around the city. The staff was very friendly and the service was very good. We recomend you try one of the signature coktails in the terrace.
We will definitively return to this hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Located in the quiet neighborhood of Condesa-Roma, this was an old Casona remodeled into a hip, modern hotel. Rooms are quite small but comfortable. Their best feature is their breakfasts. It gets loud at nigh on weekends because they have a lounge/disco at night until early morning hours. We luckily got a room on the other side of the building away from the lounge an never heard anything. They tried to charge for water which we never consumed. The roof top lounge is nice w beautiful views of Chapultepec.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 11, 2012

As of October 30 there were bed bugs in room 4 on the first floor. To be fair, the hotel itself is very nice, the location is great, the restaurant was quite good, and the room did appear to be very clean when we checked in. Given the horror stories we have experienced on our various travels, we did a quick initial check of the mattress and everything looked fine. The light from the street lamp was intrusively bright and made it difficult to sleep - which may have been the reason we noticed the bug against the white sheets in the first place.

We pride ourselves as pretty reasonable travelers and were willing to give the hotel a chance, but when we went to the reception desk to say that we needed to check out early (after day 1 of a scheduled 4 day stay) they didn't even ask why we were leaving. From this reaction, I can only conclude that they knew very well that there had been bed bugs in the room and were just hoping that they'd got rid of them or that we wouldn't see them.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank katherine e
dan b, General Manager at Condesa DF, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Ms. English:
thank you for your comments, we are taking actions immediately regard the problem you had duirng your stay. I guarantee this problem will be solved as soon as possible.