“Tasty, Fun & Cozy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of De Mar a Mar

De Mar a Mar
Reserve with OpenTable
De Mar a Mar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 4,236 Restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Reforma / Zona Rosa
“Tasty, Fun & Cozy!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

My beautiful girlfriend and I were looking for a restaurant to have a good time ! And we found an incredible restaurant that invites you to eat and taste every fish and drink they have, which taste really good! The interior design is absolutely amazing they took care of every single detail !

1 Thank Erick H

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't miss it. Fresh food nice staff and you can see the kitchen too. Perfect”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I'm in Mexico for work so finding a place where you can sit alone comfy can be hard. This very relaxed atmosphere is excellent for a quick bite or stay a bit longer. Tables are reservable and when I came they were full but they made space for me at the bar. Def do not miss!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Kareninlondon10
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Absolutely perfect!”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I stopped here for dinner on a whim, since we were staying at a B&B a short walk away. I found the restaurant online and thought it looked cute! I was right! The ambiance is lovely, with whimsical art on the walls, an open kitchen, and kitschy finishes and fixtures.

When they found out that my boyfriend does not speak Spanish, our server provided us with an English language menu and brought over the chef, who spoke perfect English and told us about some of the standout dishes on the menu. Our server was also quick to offer me cocktail recommendations (they have a mixologist and trendy ingredients - try the one with fresa/strawberries and canela/cinnamon!).

The seafood tasted really fresh and was cooked perfectly. I had the rice and seafood dish that the chef described as kind of like a risotto with more broth. It was delicious! My boyfriend also loved his fish filet, which had a cilantro sauce and was served on creamy spinach. We also had a polvo/octopus tostada, which was also pretty great.

It might have been our most expensive meal in D.F. (US$60 for two entrees, 2 cocktails, 2 beers, one appetizer), but it was also our favorite. We hope to get the chance to go back soon!

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank eclaire321
Mexico City, Mexico
“Casual Ambiance, Good Food, Serious Prices”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This is a relatively new place a bit off the beaten track (near a cluster of Japanese restaurants, some tiny in the allys, by the way). Interesting decor, very studied casual chic. Serious looking servers. I ordered a glass of wine and have never gotten so little of an ordinary house wine for that price-I actually though was came was a taste to see if I liked it, but no, that was it. Menu not posted outside usually tells you something and the prices were surprising considering we were just looking for a casual lunch. Having said all this the food is carefully prepared and the fish was of good quality. Notable was the seafood rice dish, which was a good choice after we were still hungry after a few shared entrees. Overall the place is similar, certainly in atmosphere, to the highly-rated sal y agua ceviche place in Polanco. Will be interesting to see if its offering succeeds in that location.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Dan B
Chambersburg, PA
“great little seafood place with a neighborhood feel”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I had dinner at De Mar a Mar recently, because the chef there had been chef at a restaurant in San Miguel de Allende, where we live, and we loved his cooking. The service for us was, of course, wonderful, because we were "friends." But others there seemed to be getting good service, too; friendly and efficient. It's a tiny place; maybe 10 tables and a sushi-type bar, feels like a very casual "neighborhood" place, although the decor is very nice. It's brand new; when we were there they had been open only 6 weeks. My husband had a sea bass dish; I had a sort of seafood risotto; we shared a marlin carpaccio first, and a "trio of chocolate" dessert. Everything was wonderful. The restaurant is part of the group which also runs Maximo Bistro Local, and we were told they have 2 more new restaurants planned over the next year or so. We will definitely go back.

• Visited October 2013