“Very good, but seems to have gone downhill a bit”
Review of Reforma 500

Reforma 500
Ranked #829 of 4,785 Restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Reforma / Zona Rosa
Reviewed March 7, 2014

The food at Reforma is very good and the courtyard seating cannot be beat. The service is excellent as is the cocktail/tequila list. My only complain is that the menu is much less interesting than when I was there previously (over a year ago). No longer are there any unique foods-- it is all very plain vanilla.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Dinner at Reforma 500 was absolutely fantastic. Everything my wife and I had was well presented and delicious. We shared the "self cooked" Kobe, had the tortilla and black bean soup as well as the seared tuna.
Yum! The ambiance is pleasant and the service is excellent.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

We booked the Sunday champagne brunch at Reforma 500 - around $100US pp for the unlimited champagne option. Had a lovely table outside with live music throughout the afternoon (11-4) the outdoor grill had shrimp, fish, beef, sausage and veg. A separate Mexican station, pasta, salad, desserts. All very tasty and well worth grazing over the duration as we did. Our glasses were never empty and tummies full :-)

2  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed November 20, 2013

try and get a table in the garden very laidback. Food has South East Asian, and Mexican influences. We went for the Champagne lunch with fresh platters or ceviche, sushi, and sweets.
Great service, made for a great day.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The champagne brunch at Reforma 500 is fantastic, the food is good, the service is great and I would recommend it to friends as a fun and pleasant way of spending a Sunday. However the reason why I can't give it a full score is that I was really disappointed with the hidden costs involved when we received the bill.

I was informed that there were 3 different plans you could choose between: 1) buffet + 1 mimosa - 600 pesos, 2) buffet + free flow sparkling wine - 790 pesos, 3) buffet + free flow champagne - 1349 pesos. However not once was I informed that coffee, water and juice was not included in the price.

It was only once we got our bill did we realise the extra costs which came as a rather unpleasant way of ending what was a very pleasant afternoon. Especially as half our table opted for the cheaper option as they did not wish to drink, but ended up paying more than double that price due to ordering coffee, juice and water over a four hour period.

I would like to suggest to the hotel to either raise your prices so that everything is included, or make it explicitly clear to you guests what is and what is not included in your buffet.

2  Thank TTChopsticks