“The atmosphere is half of the charm...”

Gotan Restaurante Argentino
Ranked #37 of 4,441 Restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: Argentinean, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Timetable. Monday to Friday 1 pm to 9.30. Saturday from 2 pm to 10.00 Pm No card
San Antonio, Texas
“The atmosphere is half of the charm...”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

The food was awesome, but the real diamond of this restaurant is Viviana! So sweet and helpful, she used her best English to help me understand the menu...fortunately my fiance speaks spanish and could help with the parts I did not understand. Great steak, great dessert...yum yum yum!

• Visited July 2014

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Lovely food”
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely evening with great argentina food! The service was great and the meat was grilled in the back of the restaurant. The red wine was also lovely!

Toronto, Canada
“Best meal I've ever had in my life!”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

The food here was absolutely spectacular! It was easily the best meal I ever had in my whole life.

The restaurant is very close to the Monumento a la revoluccion. It's off of one of the side streets to the east of the monument along the street with all of the Mexican flags.

I had a pasta dish to start. The pasta was perfectly cooked. I had never had pasta cooked so well before.

They also provided a very simple salad of lettuce, tomatoes, onions and sesame seeds. However, the dressing on the salad was absolutely spectacular and brought the dish up many levels!

The mashed potatoes were extremely creamy, like potatoes I had never had before. Not too creamy or buttery; just perfect.

Meat was also perfectly cooked to my request.

Not sure why Tripadvisor states the price range is Price range: CAD 5 - CAD 10

For a meal for 2 with alcohol, the total came to about 900 pesos.

The owner was extremely nice. She gave us a free dessert! Don't miss this restaurant if it's in your budget!

• Visited June 2014
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Good food, great service - cash only”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

This Argentina restaurant had good food and great service. Unfortunately though it was difficult to find - my cab driver wasn't familiar with the street the restaurant was on and had to ask 5 or 6 people on the general vicinity for directions to find it. They also do not take cards of any kind so come prepared. The closest bank is a few blocks away.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Spenser G
Mexico City, Mexico
“Finally!”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We have lived on outstide edge of Mexico City for 14 years. As time goes by we fight the traffic to do things in the city less and less. BUT yesterday we were given a new reason to visit the city! Gotan Restaurante was everything its Trip Advisor ratings said it would be. Not only did we enjoy the best steak we have had in 14 years but we made new friends! Yes Gotan is smail and not very attention getting as you pass by, but once you have entered the arched doorway you will feel at home and pampered by it's delightful owners as they serve you!

• Visited July 2014