“'simply' top-notch!!”

Gotan Restaurante Argentino
Ranked #38 of 4,658 Restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: Argentinean, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Timetable. Monday to Friday 1 pm to 9.30. Saturday from 2 pm to 10.00 Pm No card
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Being a vegetarian, I usually hope to find something on the menu that could please me.
In this Argentinian restaurant, I felt respect for my vegetarian attitude and the friendly owner explained me all the options that might fit me.
I had a very nice meal with fresh ingredients and the presentation was quite top!
Very good food, nice drinks, very good bread, top desserts!!

An Argentinian restaurant, where meat is important, that treats its vegetarian guests as kings:
very satisfying!! I'm quite sure the meat dishes are excellent as well, only, for the other kings...

Big up!! respect from Belgium!

Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Be prepared to be pampered by the owners!!! Food is extraordinary, the place, the owners, the wine... will leave you wanting more. This is the type of restaurant in which you wish to have a many stomach to fill!! You'll love the food. Simply delicious!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

The best part about the restaurant is the owner! She was such a wonderful caring person and it showed through. She doesn't know much english but does have an ipad that she uses to translate / communicate if needed.

They quickly brought out argentinian bread rolls - i enjoyed them.

We ordered:

Empenadas - One Beef and One Onion Cheese. They were ba

Bif de Chirizo (note this is a steak not chirizo) - it came with pasta and salad. The steak was good quality and the salad was yummy. The pasta was just ok. Even though we were splitting the steak she still at no charge offered us extra pasta/salad. Super generous!

We got free dessert - delicious cheesecake!

Prices are decent. Location is good. I would definitely come back and recommend it to anyone in Mexico city who wants to eat something besides tacos ;)

1  Thank Kelly F
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is an absolutely fantastic place to go to for some great Argentine food in Mexico City. First, they brought out some bread, it was soft and very tasty. After that, my pasta arrived. It was very simple, just some pasta, cheese, oil, and herbs, but it tasted fantastic and fresh. It was obvious the pasta was homemade. Next, the bife de chorizo and a side salad arrived. The side salad was tasty, just some lettuce, onions, tomatoes, pomegranate seeds, and a tasty vinaigrette. The bife de chorizo was amazing. It was cooked and to perfection, the meat was a very high quality cut, and the portion size was good. After that, I had a delicious dessert. It had a very soft crust and a light yet decadent cheesecake and lemon mousse filling, topped with slivered almonds. In addition to the great food, the service was great. The owners are very attentive, very welcoming, and you can tell they really take pride in their food. I'll definitely go back the next time I'm in Mexico City, and I would suggest this to anyone looking for some great Argentine food.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

My daughter and I dined at Gotan during our final evening in Mexico City before flying home the next morning. It turned out to be a great way to cap off our 2-week vacation, which was spent mostly in Oaxaca. This is a delightful, small family-run restaurant, and I hope the owners aren't overwhelmed by too many customers once word gets out. I snapped the photo below of their new sign, which was being installed the evening we were there.

Our hosts made us feel comfortable and at home, as if we had been invited into their dining room. All the food was carefully and perfectly selected and prepared. When we had finished our meal, we were disappointed to find that we were simply too full to order any of the tempting desserts. But then, to our delight, we were brought a complementary creation to share. We had enjoyed our meal so much that our hostess simply wouldn't permit us to leave before sampling another of her grandmother's recipes. Absolutely, incredibly delicious.

I was sorry that we only discovered Gotan on our final evening in Mexico City, for had we known about it sooner, we would have dined there every night! I look forward to returning in the future.