“The concept is fabulous the training of the people must be HORRIBLE.”
Review of KidZania Cuicuilco

KidZania Cuicuilco
Ranked #86 of 512 things to do in Mexico City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: KidZania es un concepto 100% mexicano de “eduentretenimiento” donde los niños de 4 a 16 años de edad juegan a ser adultos en una ciudad a escala.
San Francisco, California
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“The concept is fabulous the training of the people must be HORRIBLE.”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I took my 10 yr old today to this place and although the concept is absolutely fabulous, the training must be horrible. I cannot say i found one single place where the people working there looked like they "enjoyed" what they were doing because often times they didn't even greet us and their attitudes were plain terrible. In fact, on several occasions they were inappropriate. There was one young man fondling a coworker (this happened 3 times) until i called for a supervisor and advised of the inappropriate behavior which, i must say, she was quick to correct. On another occasion my child got on a site where she had to climb - grant it on a harness - and pass a series of narrow bridges and walking on metal wires but she was too scared to cross and they forced her for more than 10 minutes to try getting her to tears until i told them off and demanded my child be removed from the site. They insisted the only way through was to go through it which was not at all the case. This is child abuse and SHOULD HAVE NEVER HAPPENED. All in all they have very young inexperienced people with horrible training working there and instead of instilling an inspiring love of work for kids their attitudes leave little to be desired. I would say stay away from it until they greatly improve it because the concept is wonderful but not the way it is.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank alexanderofjesus
EnriqueMena, Manager, Global Communications at KidZania Cuicuilco, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Adiel,
ZanKs for your review. I am terribly sorry about what happened during your visit to KidZania Cuicuilco and will take immediate action. For that matter, I'd like to ask you to please write us to info@kidzania.com so we can contact you directly.

Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Staff needs more training, and does not seem to care for kids.”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I had a terrible experience, they would not let my kid drive the cars, which is the nicest attraction because of her height, the height limit for this ride is 135 cm, I measure her myself and she was 135 cm, but then the staff in charge did it and they said she was 134.9 mm and would not let her go through because she was 1 mm off and was dangerous for her , I measure her again and it was 135 cm in front of the manager and insisted that she could not drive. It was very frustrating dealing with them. The place is crowded and seems that they are tired of their work and the lines take forever. You really need to be in good spirits and relaxed to enjoy it.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Dana R
Dear Dana,
ZanK-U for your review. I am sorry to read that your daughter wasn't able to try our driving experience. Our guests' safety is very important for us, that is why our policy is very strict in this regard.
We look forward to receiving you again in the future. I'm sure your daughter will be way over 1.35m tall :)

Best,
Melbourne, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great concept a bit too much consumerism”
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

The idea of a city for kids is very well executed but there are a couple of downsides: everything is for sale and there is a line-up all the time. If your kids are under 5 don't bother, not enough to do. Overall, good day for the kids if you are willing to pay the price

3 Thank Papaoso99
EnriqueMena, Manager, Global Communications at KidZania Cuicuilco, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
ZanK-U very much for your review. We have been working to improve our waiting times in all the activities, although there are some establishments and professions that are really popular among kids and longer queues can be expected.

We do have a special area for younger kids, where they can do different activities specially designed for them, from playing in vegetable garden to bicyle and motorcycle shops, where kids can actually ride a bike or an electric motorcycle.