“Great tour at reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Amigo Tours

Early Morning Teotihuacan Pyramids Tour with a Private Archeologist
Ranked #29 of 101 Tours in Mexico City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Amigo Tours is a tour company based in Mexico City that provides private and shared tours in Mexico City and its sorroundings, we have our own vans with certified and experieced guides and drivers that will take you on a great trip through this beautiful country.
Culver City, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great tour at reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I had a tour with only 3 people and we hit the Kahlo blue case, National University of Mexico, Coyoacan and finally boat cruise (I can't possible remember the spelling). The boat cruise was boring, touristy and a long drive in bad traffic, but everything else was great. The tour guide was knowledgeable and very nice and kept us on schedule. Great way to see places outside the city without spending a lot of effort on metro or private cars.

Visited June 2013

Warsaw, Poland
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Good good but not perfect!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is nice travel agency. Good price and I am sure that some tours and guides are perfect. I have booked them with citi-discovery. No contact after my departure to Mexico city. An it was impossible to call them. I went to their office, i've spend there 45 minutes waiting for information witch was given to me in 2 minutes. First tour was very nice. but already on secound they were late and thay put me with Italian speeking giude and during the tour I have change the tour.
Price was nice service poor.

Visited May 2013
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Really great day trip. Worth doing!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed our day trip to Teotihuacan. Worth seeing.

Booked online & was definitely dubious. They were 45mins late for pick up despite confirming on the phones day before. However, I experienced "lateness" with every single tour I did in Mexico City so no real big problem

Drive to Teotihuacan is only about 40mins & shuttle comfortable. Driver was good & got us back to the hotel quickly.

Our guide Alejandro was excellent. He didn't "overload" is with information but was very informative. Be prepared to do a lot of walking. Good walking attire required. Ideal to bring a back pack, sun screen, good camera, poncho & water bottle.

Alejandro walked us through numerous sites & then let us have free time. You don't have to climb pyramids if dont want to. If physically fit, its pretty easy. Small children can even do it!!! Really not difficult at all!

You also visit handicraft shop which is actually very good. Prices are pretty reasonable & items good quality. You do get 10-12% off being part of tour! We were also had a demonstration of crafting onyx, tequila making (plus a million different uses for the plant!) & got to try several homemade tequilas!

Lunch also available. It's 120peso for buffet style Mexican food which is actually pretty decent! A few our travel partners stuck their nose up at the thought of eating Catus which was surprisingly quite good. They missed out as it was quite good! Hot quesadillas as also on offer & grilled chicken

Overall, very good tour. Only downside is the "late" factor with pick up. However, was a Sunday morning which we have been told is always slow in Mexico City! Great tour, very reasonable price, informative & pick up/drop off at hotel location which is great!

Worth doing for sure!

Visited May 2013
Tucson, Arizona
6 attraction reviews
“amigo tour company”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

I booked online thru tripadvisor, had my doubts at first, but all turned out great. The tour guide,Lambrito, was great and knowledgeable, transportation was a van that seats 10, A/C, clean, comfortable. Make sure Amigo tours knows your hotel where you are staying for easy pickup. I would book with Amigo again. paid 850 pesos for tour, need suntan lotion,or long sleeve shirt, hat or cap, walking shoes, and your camera, if you go in summer, so keep track of weather when you go,

Visited April 2013
Toronto, Canada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“It worked out but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We booked a day with Amigo Tours through their website about a week before we were to travel to Teotihuacan. We were told we would be picked up at our B&B at 9:00 in the morning. On the day itself, our B&B host got on the phone to find up when the bus would arrive, only to discover that we had been forgotten. Our tour almost did not happen.
Fortunately, the call was made in time to arrange for a pick up half an hour later than originally scheduled and we were good to go
The tour itself was enjoyable. Our guide was informative; he also allowed us ample time to enjoy the attractions we visited, so that we never felt rushed.

Visited February 2013