WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Very nice place for lunch or late "comida" The patio is best for daytime” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Padrinos

Padrinos
Ranked #384 of 3,826 Restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: Mexican, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Centro Historico
Cross street: 16 de Septiembre
San Francisco
“Very nice place for lunch or late "comida" The patio is best for daytime”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Came here for a business lunch and it was very good. The ambiance is nice in the open air patio of this beautiful historic home with the large planted wall. I recommend the chicharon de atun and the shrimp and cheese appetizer, but it was not a bargain. The service is impeccable, but what is expected for this type of establishment. The crowd is a mix of business men and wealthy Mexicans.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank SSSteph

Brussels, Belgium
“Nice restaurant in a very nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

A friend of ours recommended us this restaurant in case we would have been downtown. We were amazed how this old building has been refurbished. There are 2 restaurants, a lot of small and nice shops as well as a small boutique hotel. We have been advised to go to the Padrinos. The restaurant has few tables inside and a very very nice terrace which gives a "cosy" atmosphere. There were only Mexicans and that gave an additional value added that gave us the feeling to be in Mexico and not in a "tourist trap" place. The 4 of us had a very good lunch (both in quality and quantity) for a very reasonable price. As already mentioned, the place itself coupled with the atmosphere, the food quality and the price worth to spend couple of ours just enjoying the place which is a 5 min walk from the cathedral. Last but not least there is a very nice terrace with a bar on the last floor. Very nice experience.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank G V
Mexico City, Mexico
“not the best I've been..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

leaving in Mexico, I know that this place is part of a restaurant chain: Primos, Tios, etc. etc...which are very good...
I really wanted to eat at the Azul Histórico restaurant, but it was packed. Padrinos is in the next patio of this beautifull renovated mansion... so I went. I liked how the arquitect disguissed a huge wall, covering it with plants and hanging a bike, it gives you the idea that you're looking from a tall builiding a park!
The service was good, ocassionally it felt "to friendly" for my liking; but it was prompt and accurate.
Ordered a green seafood soup..., simply delicious, and a burger without bread.(how can you go wrong with that?)... every bite, I could feel the salt grain that didn´t mix in the meat. of course, to salty for my taste.... although it had a nice dressing and a good fresh salad on the side.
maybe my table was too close from where the waiters are standing, but I could listen all their complaints and quarrels between them!... Music was nice....

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Nairobi, Kenya
“Watch out...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Renovated old building in the Centro Historico. 2 restaurants, shops and a boutique hotel. Restaurant Azul (mexican food seeking its roots) was full so we chose Padrinos that in fact has a nicer atmosphere than the dark Azul. I guess the Padrinos is new and that they can improve a lot, but some basic mistakes were done. First - a dry martini served without olives even if asking for that. It took 5 minutes to get the olive, but there is quick learning as my friend arriving later got his olive in his martini.
The starters were fine - chicharon de atun and papas bravas. For main - we all had meat, none of us was satisfied. I was told i was to get a filete when ordering the Filete arriera. I did not. I ordered medium well - i got medium. I could eat half the filete - the rest was to tough to chew.
3 of us ordered a glass of red wine, the waiter recommended an own brand of the restaurant. it was a nice wine but the price was ridiculously high - 194 pesos per glass, which he did not mention when we ordered. Normally in this kind of restaurant in Mexico DF you pay 60-90 pesos per glass.
So - train the staff better, purchase better meat and i guess this nice place can be a good restaurant.

• Visited November 2012