“4 night stay at Stella”

Stella Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #25 of 166 Mexico City B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stella is a very nice b&b. Despite the small size of the room (no. 7, I stayed by myself), I felt very comfortable and welcome. The roof terrace is lovely, the breakfast and service in general great. This is not a hotel, it is simple, but comfortable and the price is right. Rodrigo is a highly talented manager, who knows how to make his guests happy. I will return soon, maybe even with my family in the suite. Since I saw the private roof terrace, I am dreaming of coming back. The neighborhood is great for all kind of reasons, lush nature, charming cafes and restaurants, and a elliptical Nike running track under the canopies of the trees measuring 1.2 Miles in the midst of Mexico City!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank The J

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We generally stay in high end full service hotels so were a little worried about booking a small B&B for our recent 8 days trip to Mexico City. We certainly had nothing to worry about. From the moment we arrived we loved staying at this property. Great staff, warm service and a perfect location to call home while in Mexico City.

Breakfast was simple but delicious and anything else we could need was attended to.

Highly recommend this property to anyone looking for a great location in the best part of Mexico City.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jmitchy
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

If you want to cover a big area in Mexico City, this is your place.

Stella could not be better located at 20 mins ~ from Polanco, Lomas, the main embassies, shopping areas, trendiest spots, and cultural attractions.

Although the rooms are modest, property is a charmer, VERY CLEAN, and with very friendly staff.

Moreover, it is situated in the perfect neighbourhood where if you fancy a night walk after dinner, or a nightcap, all is just steps away.

It is a wee bit noisy as windows are vintage, but I think this adds to the charm of experiencing Mexico City.

Rodrigo, the manager, is a delight to deal with; I will undoubtedly stay here on my next big city adventure.

• Stayed: June 2013
Rodrigo A, Gerente at Stella Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Hello!

Thank you so much for your review, we were delighted about the words and the way you expressed yourself about the hotel and the staff.

We would love to have you back soon and give you the best experience in D.F., always with a home-feeling touch.

Wishing you all the best,

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stella combines a wonderful/knowledgeable staff (Rodrigo and Sylvia are GREAT) with bright clean rooms in a leafy, tree lined community. A fantastic walking part of town with a "refreshing room" to recharge. Looking forward to a return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Hi!

We appreciate the time you took and the kind words you used to write this review.

Hope to have you back with us whenever you think about coming back to Mexico!

Yours Faithfully,

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Four of us spent several days together. Very comfortable. Service helpful but not intrusive. International guests including a grandmother from France helping her daughter with a newborn in the neigborhood. Great neighborhood, of course! Wonderful ecological values including ingenious herb garden on the roof terrace.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mary0ax
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during this last year. I thought the hotel was OK. It was a good location in the heart of Condesa. No complaints here. The beds were OK, food was fine. My big complaint is the driver I hired throught the hotel, I think his name was Jose Luis. He came highly recommended from the hotel concierge and I paid him alot of money to take me around to some tourist sites.

He obviously had no respect for my money, my business or the fact that I was helping to feed his family. Initially the trip started out fine, then this guy, who was a smoker by the way, became hostile and intimidating with his body language and downright scary once we got on the highway with the way he was poking his hand in our faces (like he was trying to punch us in the face!). It was just an awful and nerve-shattering experience to be in the car with this man for several hours.

I strongly recommend avoiding giving this individual any business. There are alot of decent, kind people in Defe who would sincerely appreciate any business we can give them. If someone has been outed as an ungrateful, hostile individual who depends on tourists and doesn't appreciate their support and business, we should boycott them. This Jose Luis is such a character!

Otherwise nothing bad to say about Stella, just stay away from Jose Luis, there are many other kind, gentle people in Mexico City who can take you around town and show you the respect you deserve!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Rodrigo A, Gerente at Stella Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Hello,

I am Rodrigo, I am having a hard time to remember who you are as I never had any feedback about what you are talking about in your review,

I would appreciate if you could contact me through e-mail (contacto@stellabb.com) in order to follow-up this particular problem and talk through this, it would've been better while you were staying with us in order to provide a better service after your bad experience with the driver and your "ok" experience during your stay at the hotel.

I give you my word we would've done anything for you to have a better experience with us, we would've given you a refund, both emotionally and monetarily speaking. This would've helped both of us; In your case leaving Mexico with a good taste in your mouth and regarding Stella B&B not having a bad review in this site.

Anyway, thank you for taking the time for this review and we will take the right steps to make sure these events never happen again,

Yours Faithfully,

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I was impressed with the efficiency and friendliness of the manager, Rodrigo. He was always available and eager to help out with all the little details from booking the room, helping to organize airport transfers and making sure we had everything we needed. Breakfast was healthy, abundant and fresh. Cozy atmosphere and well kept common areas to hang out. The location couldn't be better, one block from Parque Mexico and 2 blocks from Tamaulipas, the heart of the trendy Condesa neighborhood. Highly Recommended!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are less noisy. The suite has a great private terrace that is well worth it!