“Amazing”

Ranked #84 of 4,606 Restaurants in Mexico City
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Polanco
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

It is delicious i love it i would back no doubt any time!! I loved it! It is one of the most amazing burgers i have tried in my life, the only bad thing is the waiters are a little slow, but overall it is amazing

Gerardo S, General Manager at Butcher & Sons, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Ronwarman,

Thank you for your comments and your time reviewing Butcher & Sons.

We are sorry to hear that the service was slow at the time you visited us, but you can be sure we have improved since your last visit and we continue to work hard on the service part as sometimes it can change the whole perspective of the experience even if the food is great.

On the other hand, you make us feel great with your compliments and would love to see you again either in Polanco or in our newest branch at Colonia Roma's Orizaba 87.

Thank you and we look forward seeing you again.

There are newer reviews for Butcher & Sons

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We had to wait for al least 25 minutes to sit down, but it was worthy. The taste of the burguers are incredible, fair size for the price. Not a fan of the ketchup they serve, aperently home made but not superior tu a nice heinz comercial ketchup, too sweet or too spicy. The bun was great and the fries calorie worthy. Try the exotic beers. Right on one of the most crowded streets of Polanco.

polmolinas,

Thank you for your message and your time reviewing Butcher & Sons.

We are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy our ketchup, but we do have commercial ketchup for the ones who prefer Heinz.

On the other hand, we are very pleased you liked the rest of the meal and experience at our establishment.

I'm sorry you had to wait for over 25 minutes, but fortunately we have a lot of people trying to eat our burgers at the same time. I'ts a great problem for us, but a terrible problem in terms of our potential customers. We do work hard on turning around the tables as gently and quickly as possible, but we have to respect the pace of our customers currently eating.

What I would suggest is that you make a reservation for the next time, so you wont have to wait for such a long time. We however, do not take reservations during the weekend.

Thank you so much for your comments, you make us feel great and hopefully we will see you again some time soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have been living in Mexico City for more than a year and every now and then I feel the urge for a tasty, non typical hamburger e.g. I avoid mcdonald's, BK... This is why I have been trying several burgers across the places that have reputation for having "great burgers". I can tell you that so far Butcher & Sons has been the best! With a casual feel, good music and incredible food it is a must for those looking for a proper meal. Do not forget to ask for one of their milk shakes mixed with whisky, vodka or other liquor. Definitely a come back!

omarvazquez,

Thank you for your comments and your time for writing a great review on us.

We work very hard in order to deliver the best possible product so when a review like this comes out, makes us feel great.

We have opened a new branch at Colonia Roma where we would be pleased if you could join us at some point. We have the same taste, same menu but with some new additions and great cocktails.

Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward seeing you here.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

it is a tiny place, the burgers are good (I had the Davis which came with sun-dried tomato and jamon serrano). The fries were really crispy (though the truffle fries smelled like petroleum), by Mexico City standards. The milkshake was a little more watery than I expected, but not that that is something that you can get in many places in Mexico City.

My only gripe is that the place gets really packed, and can be a little overwhelming (even at odd hours like 5pm). Our waiter was also not the friendliest, and in fact his colleague had reminded him we were ready to take our orders, but he was still busy cleaning other tables. His colleague stepped in to take our orders, which then took about about 20-30 mins to come out from the kitchen. But even when he was done with cleaning, our waiter still looked like he really didn't want to be there.

Good option if you are really craving a well-seasoned, nicely-cooked burger in Polanco.

Gerardo S, Owner at Butcher & Sons, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear travel-bitten-shark,

We apologize that your experience at B&S wasn't what you expected.

We understand the fact that normally people don't like to be packed in a place, but we have had a great amount of people joining us at all times for our burgers.

We work every day to make our service better but (this is not an excuse) sometimes we fail to give the attention needed because of human behavior.

Comments like yours really help us to improve and we thank you for the time you spent on expressing this issue. You can be sure we will improve in this aspect and we look forward seeing you again.

Gerardo Salgado
Director of Operations

Reviewed January 5, 2013

It turns out, I really like eating at bars. Until I moved here, I didn’t realize this.

In Mexico City, you have two choices: you can go to a bar and grab a drink, or visit a restaurant and order a drink with your meal. I was so excited when I walked past Butcher And Sons because I saw something I never see in DF: someone eating at the bar!!!

Butcher And Sons is a great place for a burger in a charming, open-air space.

The restaurant is super-duper tiny. Located in a popular neighborhood called, "Polanquito" the restaurant is close to both Lincoln Park and the hotel district (Marriott, W, etc.). There are many outdoor tables, and the "indoor" section of the restaurant is open-air as well. Thus, it is perfect for dining outside or when the weather is perfect.

The food was great. I had a chicken burger and DH ate the “original” burger. I was tempted by the create your own burger option, but decided on a gourmet burger instead. We also ordered truffle fries and were not disappointed. The burgers and fries were superb. The restaurant also has spiked milkshakes–milkshakes with alcohol. I’m not sure that’s really popular or widely available in DF either. I saw some folks ordering them and they looked delicious!!

Butcher & Sons is also a dog friendly dining establishment. In addition of being able to bring your dog to the restaurant, there's also a special menu for your dog too!!

The verdict: Butcher and Sons has awesome burgers and this will definitely be on the short list for dining al fresco when the weather allows!

I've got more photos on my blog: amovingstory.com

Amovingstory,

Thank you so much for your comments and your review.

We do work very hard in order to pamper our guests and offer them the best product available.

We have opened the new branch at Colonia Roma where you can choose from the terrace or inside where you can enjoy our burgers regardless of the weather.

We would like to thank you for your comments, your review and your blog posts, you make us feel very special.

We look forward to see you again.