“Great sandwich option in Roma Norte ...”
Review of Belmondo

Belmondo
Ranked #285 of 4,441 Restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Roma
Description: Sandwich place
“Great sandwich option in Roma Norte ...”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I passed this place several times when out and about in the Roma before going in ... but it always caught my eye because of the really nice decor.

I finally decided to pop in the other day late at night and was blown away by the variety of sandwich options on offer .... the London Broil was excellent and I cannot wait to go back and try the Bahn Mi (it is the first place I have seen this sandwich on offer in my time here in Mexico).

I will be back!

• Visited November 2013

Mexico C
“Comfort & Style”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Let's be honest: In Mexico, we don't have a sandwich culture like they do in the US. We were raised with sandwiches with 2 pieces of white bread with a see-through-thin slice of ham in the middle. It's hard to come across a nice, hearty sandwich with reasonable filling, and quality bread.

Belmondo is the place to find it. A lovely dimly lit corner restaurant in Roma, this place offers a decent variety of very well crafted sandwiches and killer fries. The salads are yummy also.

But, despite the greatness of the dishes, the unsung hero of this restaurant is the carrot cake. Oh. My. God. This is a standout cake.

Belmondo used to offer a very nice sunday brunch, but unfortunately it's no longer available.

• Visited June 2013
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Good breakfast spot in Roma”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This new restaurant is by the same people as Felix (the bar.) Same concept: really good food, simple but attractive atmosphere, and decent prices. I like to go for the the breakfasts--but go early--it opens at 10 am and is usually full by 11. My one gripe would be that--like most popular restaurants in Mexico City--there is very limited personal space and a staff of largely neophyte waiters.

• Visited June 2013
New York, New York, United States
“Amazing delicious restaurant”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The food is made with a strong and very good taste. All the staff is wonderful and when you go out of the restaurant you are no longer hungry . This place deserves an attention and you have to get there .... Enjoy

• Visited April 2013
Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
“All around great dinner”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

My friend and I split the arugula salad and the beet salad and it was filling and tasty. Also, I had a red wine that was equally satisfying. We also split the corn cake with coconut ice cream! I highly recommend this place if you like creative salads and sandwiches. I will definitely be going back.

• Visited March 2013