New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Good but not so great” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Maja - CLOSED

Maja
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Condesa
Mexico City, Mexico
“Good but not so great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Indeed the place is good enough and keeps you a nice taste even after some days but for sure after two weeks you'll forget the restaurant at all. There are not many things to remember of.

Mexico
“suprased my expectations...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I ended up walking into Maja just by curiosity as I was walking in the Roma neighborhood, the food here is amazing, all the dishes me and my friends had were delicious, I think my favorite would be the gazpacho, suuuper fresh and tasty. While we waited for our main dishes we had an order of "pan tomate with prosciuto" and then another and i coul'dve eaten those all night, amazing. The restaurant overall has a cosy hip vibe, good spot!

• Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Nice contemporary twist to my fav cuisine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed the experience, service was excellent, atmosphere smart casual, portions were good too. Wine was supreme! I would only suggest to get rid of the fat of the lamb's ribs, other than that, just keep improving, I will keep going!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Hizkuntza
“Maybe Tripadvisor made a mistake?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I fully agree with kalimata. I can mention several dozen restaurants in Mexico City that are better, including a dozen or more Spanish. To start I hate Valet parking that I believe should be paid by the restaurant; tipping OK. Modern decor with cement floors. Waiters attentive but still and all we waited more than 30 minutes for a glass of water. Short menu and expensive for restaurants in Mexico City. Best are the "entradas" and deserts. Mexican wine was good. Rest rooms are an invitation for an accident, specially for elder people since there are no handrails on steep and poorly illuminated areas. Would I go back? Well yes, if I am in the neighbourhood, but I will not make an extra effort to go there

• 1 of 5 stars
“Surprisingly amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had no great expectations but it is a place to go for sure. Service is excellent, food is AMAZING! Decor of the place is cozy but yet cool and modern. They give you a small appetizer that is part of the menu with the intention you try something from the menu and to know it. Cool idea and clever thing to do. We had chuleton that is meat for 2 it was enough but was outstanding! As well we had croquetas de jamon serrano and chocolate cake. Need to go.

2 Thank Ana H