“Great attention to detail and good steaks!”
Review of Harry's

Harry's
Ranked #55 of 4,441 Restaurants in Mexico City
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Polanco
Cross street: Schiller
Description: A place reserved only for the most demanding palates. Harry’s Prime Steakhouse & Raw Bar is a highly-stylized concept specially designed for our most rigorous and detail-focused guests. With a clear emphasis on quality and through a carefully curated assortment of USDA Prime certified meats exclusively sourced from the best Nebraska farms, the menu at Harry’s includes the best of our culinary offer. Worth highlighting is our selection of Wagyu Japanese and dry-aged steaks, which stand out for their intense flavor and tenderness. In addition, Harry’s offers quite an exclusive and well-stocked wine cellar, regionally renowned for its extensive variety and its high quality standards. At Harry’s you will witness how exclusivity & atmosphere can gracefully mingle, immersed in an environment that is clearly set apart by the talent of a staff who will surpass any expectations.
Mexico City
“Great attention to detail and good steaks!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Since we entered the restaurant we had a warm welcome by the manager and we were promptly assigned to a nice and private table, though we didn't have a reservation. We enjoyed awesome entrées Rockefeller oysters and Kobe-beef Miniburgers. We visited as a couple and we shared a Cowboy Cut, the quality of the cut was very good but the temperature was half term more overcooked than our request. The service was fantastic, we were visited several times by the manager to check if everything was ok; like most expensive steakhouses you are served by the buzzer and a waiter, but this place was outstanding because they were available for us at any time. This place is in the top tier of restaurants we've visited albeit expensive we think it was worth it; we look forward to visit Harry's again.

• Visited July 2013

Mexico City, Mexico
“Great Beef”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

A great steak house, with very good ambience and remarkable service. Kobe burgers are excellent, as well as the raw bar.

Visited December 2012
Toronto ON Canada
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

we walked from the Intercontinental, a great walk to see all the shops and restos on Presidente street .... 20 min walk ... great atmosphere, amazing service
the cuts of meat you can choose and are amazing
don't miss the margarita, one of the best I have had
side dishes are out of this world
stay away from the clams and oysters

• Visited January 2013
“Best restaurant and steakhouse ever”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Harry's is such a nice place. Very luxurious. Great quality everywhere you look and in everything you taste.

The meat cuts are crazy good, the seafood looks awesome as well. Highly recommended for anyone who is in Mexico City.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank bellatrixmartnz
Mexico City, Mexico
“Harry's Restaurant: Great Service, Atmosphere & Cuisine!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have eaten at Harry's in Mexico City and Cancun. If you can only chose one, choose the Mexico City location. The chef, service and selection is far superior. As far as I am concerned, at Harry's, the food is great and the service is even better.

When I ate at Harry’s I enjoyed the scallops as an appetizer. They arrived on a bed of perfectly mashed potatoes. The potatoes were an unexpected surprise. Either I didn’t read the menu, or I was pleasantly surprised. Not sure. But I loved those potatoes. They were perfectly whipped and reminded me of American Thanksgiving potatoes.

I have had the exact same table on all three of my visits to Harry's: right next to the fancy cart that houses all of the premium spirits. It is impossible to sit next to the cart for 10-15 minutes and not want something. Each time we summon the waiter, who in turns summons the manager, and together they review the spirit selection. It's fun to have a decision by committee when it comes to one little drink cart.

For dinner, I always order the Lobster Pozole. I love the presentation. First, a lobster tail was delivered. The tail sat in a bowl of pozole and was steaming hot. Then, a second gentleman brought over all of the accoutrements: lettuce, white onions, green onions, chips, the works!!! Then, a third (yes, it took three people to deliver one bowl of soup) gentleman can to the table and removed all lobster from the tail.

Seriously.

My son loves the Kobe beef burger. It's gigantic and delicious.
When you’re finished eating, the kitchen delivers a two-and-a-half foot high tower of cotton candy to the table.

A few other comments:

(1) There are plenty of English speaking staff on hand at the restaurant, if this is a concern for you.

(2) The restaurant has menus in English and in Spanish.

(3) You can make reservations quickly and easily on Open Table (and earn dining points in the process).

(4) Be careful ordering a cab. I have not eaten too many late night meals in DF so I received an unpleasant surprise when it came time to pay the cab fare on the way home. At Harry’s restaurant, the later the better. When I arrived at the restaurant at 9:00 pm, I was one of the only diners for quite some time. Upon arrival at the restaurant, we paid 35 pesos. When we left the restaurant we had to pay 150 pesos. Same house, same cab ride. I was so angry, I called the restaurant. They informed me that at night, cabs charge different fares depending on what time you travel. Just a side note to be aware of when eating at a nice restaurant in DF!

For more on my Mexico City adventures, please visit: amovingstory.com