“FANTASTIC hostel! So much better than Amigo!”

Hostel Mundo Joven Catedral
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here at the spur of the moment after Amigo Suites wouldn't honour our Hostelbookers reservation, and it was the best decision we made! The location is fantastic, right behind the Zocalo, and our room had a great view of the cathedral and square (perfect for people-watching). The staff were so friendly and helpful, organising a great tour out to Teotihuacan, and accommodated our request for a private room with no trouble at all. The room was clean and comfortable, the ensuite was nice (and the shared showers down the hall were all clean and usually free), and the free breakfast was really good.
The best thing about our stay, though, was the pulque/tequila museum tour with Gibran! The man is a legend! So, so much fun! We had a blast hanging out and drinking with him, while getting to know Mexico City a bit better. It felt like hanging out with a local friend, rather than an organised tour with a guide. I highly recommend any tour with him!

This hostel loses out to the Amigo hostels a lot, and after staying at Amigo and trying to stay at Amigo Suites, I've say this kicks their butt! Great, great place.

Room Tip: Do the pulque/tequila tour with Gibran! The man is awesome!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The location is perfect! it's just in the downtown of Mexico city right behind the Cathedral church, there are two metro stations near the hoste within 10mins walking.The Rooms and bathroom are clean and staff are friendly. Breakfast contains: fruit,bread,coffee,yogurt it's basic but okay.The only thing can complain about is a little loud in the night.Maybe hard to sleep for light sleeper.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I actually stayed there for the second time now and I have to say it is a good hostel. As I am not the person who is staying usually in hostels this one is a good one :-) Staff is very friendly and helpful. The hostel is clean, I stayed in a girls' dorm (very little) and we had to share bathroom with another girls' dorm, so in total 8 girls using one bathroom but it was fine. I imagined it to be harder. You have 3 computers you can use for free, free WIFI, it's safe.. the only thing what was a little annoying was that it is somehow noisy. I stayed at the 2nd floor and that was quite noisy. Last time I stayed on the 6th floor in mixed dorm with 6 persons and that was fine. Location of the hostel is great, it's right behind the Cathedral and Zocalo. You have Torre Latino and Bellas Artes nearby and also trainstation as busses.

Room Tip: rooms on higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I was very impressed with all facets of my stay, the value, cleanliness, friendliness and location of the Cathedral Hostel, building has Elevator, the included breakfast was good. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This Hostel is very nice and in a great part of Mexico City, right next to the main square and Metropolitan Cathedral. They offer a good value on tours as well. The hostel has private rooms also, but we stayed in a co-ed room for 6. Breakfast is also included and there is also a restaurant and a rooftop bar that has great views!
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms on the inside are a bit noisy, since they have a window that opens up to the middle and it...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I do not typically stay at hostels, but I found myself needing a place to stay on short notice. My flight connection did not happen, so I was in Mexico City for the night. I took the new MetroBus from the airport (another great deal), and went looking for a place for the night. I checked into the private rooms at Mundo Joven Hostel and was perfectly happy with the accommodations. I can recommend this to others.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

This was the best place to stay in D.F. We were right in the square close to the metro, food, tourist places, shopping, taxis. It was a great location. The rooms had lockers for your stuff and it was clean. Free Breakfast every morning. The hostel put on tours for you and it was fun to go with the hostel because we had a knowledgeable and fun tour guide and we made lots of friends. There is a computer and tv room, a restaurant in the hostel. The staff were friendly and gave great recommendations of where to eat. This place made our stay so awesome. I wouldn't have done it any other way.

• Stayed: November 2012