“Be Cautious about your Stay not a Safe hotel”

Fiesta Inn Centro Historico
Ranked #25 of 310 Hotels in Mexico City
GreenLeadersGold level
San Antonio, Texas
“Be Cautious about your Stay not a Safe hotel”
Reviewed February 11, 2011

My friend dissappered he is a U.S Citizen Jessie Medina. The FBI as well as the U.S Embassy were notified for he was missing.
My collegues and I confronted the Manager a young man in his late 20s as well as the security manager a man in his early 30s. They both contradicted their versions with that of the recepcionist. Stating that he had done an express checkout. We asked them to go to his room for he did not answer. They did not reply. We interviewed taxi drivers as well as the cleaning ladies.
The Hotel is dangerous and we are very certain the employees are involced in our Friends dissapareance on February 11, 2011.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank peterpan72

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed December 15, 2010

Imagined you had a long flight, travelling for work, and when you arrive at your room the phone is not working. You complain at the reception and they promise to fix it the next day.
On the next day, imagine you worked for 12 hours, had no dinner, so everything you want is to get into your room and ask for room service. But the phone is still not working.
You go down to the reception, complain, they say it is a "problem with the line" (uau !), and promise to fix it for the next day. And the situation keeps the same forever. I am in my fourth night here, and I still do not have a telephone that works !!!
Yesterday they proposed to change my room. At 11 at night, after working for 13 hours, the idea of packing everything, moving to another room and unpacking again sounded like a bad-taste joke.
I am sat here waiting for somebody, cannot take a shower (there will be technicians in my room, I guess), cannot order food, simply because "there is a problem with the line of your room"
I've chosen this hotel based on the positive comments I was here. Now I realize most of the good comments are 4 or 5 years old. The air conditioning does not heat the room properly. There is a couch in my room which has stains. The curtains does not close properly, so I had to use a hair-clip to have it fixed. The hotel's taxis costs 160 pesos to Polanco area, while radio-taxis costs 90 pesos.
Extremelly disapointed.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Co_Gelli
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 26, 2010

Nice hotel, nice location and friendly staff, but for the price I have stayed at better in Mexico City. Arrived late night fto get an early morning flight and would have been happy except that when I woke up with bed bugs. Lucky I was only staying the one night and as a very frequent traveller I had something with me for the bites. So anyway if you stay there just make sure you check your bed before you sleep, I was so tired I just turned off the light, jumped in and crashed. Other negatives were are a hard bed and fairly small room.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank xxcharlie2007
St.Paul MN
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Decent location in central mexico city. This hotel is located on the Alameda between the Zocalo and Reforma a few blocks from Bellas Artes. While not immediately in the heart of the Zocalo area, it is close and not overly touristy. My family and I had a great stay and returned for another night after travelling around mexico. It is locataed above a small shopping center with chain restaurants/cafes. While we look for more quaint, authentic places to eat, they were nice to have nearyby for kids who like to eat all the time. Staff is excellent and made us feel quite at home in this bustling, chaotic, exciting city.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Taipei
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I stayed for 4 days while visiting my customer on July. I had no complains. The room was clean and tidy. Bed was confortable. The cleaning lady was very friendly. Mexico is so dry for someone who lives at sea level humid island like me, I needed about 3 liter of water daily. The cleaning lady was so nice of leaving me couple more free bottle water. The breakfast buffet was nice however monotone after 4 days. They barely change menu. I love the juice!! Specially grapefruit juice. Since the hotel is inside a small mall and lobby on the second floor, it is hard for someone who visit for the first time to figure out where to check in. Lack of a helping hand on the ground level took away 1 point from service. However at the lobby both Adriana and Laura was so friendly and helpful. Hotel taxi was very expensive in comparison with the "street" taxi. I spoke spanish and stayed for 2 years in Mexico so I dared to take "street" taxi, however it's not recommended for someone who visit Mexico City for the first time.

Overall it is an excellent hotel!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
malaysia
Reviewed December 2, 2009

The hotel is exactly like what you see in the photos. Clean and comfortable.
The location is just next to our conference venue so it is very convenient for us. Below the hotel is a small shopping mall with a variey of shops, coffe houses, restaurants and fast food chains.
Although the staff are not very fluent in English, they tried their best to offer good service to customers. Kudos! Breakfast is good too with quite a spread of varieties but menu did not change thorughout our stay.
Room and toilet are clean and comfortable. The hot water system works well and do not alternate with cold water like in some other hotels. The free internet in rooms and the lobby is a BIG plus point!!! (How I wish all hotels in the world will provide this as a standard feature.)
The only drawback is the air conditioner/heater which is quite loud. Other than that, a very happy experience.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Brazil
Reviewed November 5, 2009

Good Location (very close to main museums and other attractions), burt the traffic there is terrible.
Comfortable, average hotel, clean, good service, low rates.
Good cost-benefit.