“Comfortable, trendy business hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of W Mexico City

You added W Mexico City to your Saves list
W Mexico City
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Campos Eliseos 252, Mexico City 11560, Mexico (Polanco)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #61 of 297 Hotels in Mexico City
London, United Kingdom
“Comfortable, trendy business hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

The place is a little tired. Rooms are comfortable and typically W quirky, including a hammock in the bathroom. Bed was very comfortable. I didn't eat here so can't comment in that. One thing missing was an ATM machine.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Callymac5
W_Mexico_City, Manager at W Mexico City, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Hello Callymac5,

Thank you for your good review of our hotel, I hope you can come back soon and try our delicious food this time at Solea Restaurant.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Everything about this hotel is a bit tired. I understand a lengthy refurbishment of the rooms begins soon - I wouldn't stay here again until that was complete. Some staff members tried really hard but were let down by a slow kitchen. Check your room safe is secured to the wall - mine was just sitting in a cupboard and could be picked up and carried away.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Simon B
W_Experience, Manager at W Mexico City, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear Simon B,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us, we will reinforce the procedures with our staff in order to provide a world class service in all the areas.

As you mentioned we are going to start a renovation in our rooms with a new décor and distribution.

Please feel free to contact me at the hotel when you return to try our new facilities.
We hope to have you here soon!

Best regards,
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Our first impression when we walked through the doors of the hotel couldn’t have been better. The concierge, a front desk attendant, as well as a gentleman from the valet staff all welcomed us with open arms. We arrived a bit before our check-in time and to no fault of their own they still arranged a complimentary package for us at the restaurant, Solea, to make our wait a bit more pleasurable.

After a not-so-great flight with an extremely early departure time we were exhausted, and all we wanted to do was relax. The hotel made sure that we were comfortable and had followed up with food, drinks, etc. to make up for the morning of hectic travel. After enjoying our welcome package, we revisited our friends at the check-in desk to go to our rooms. We chatted a bit with the concierge, who proved to be a great asset for us later in the trip, and then were led up to our rooms.

The rooms were not only beautiful and incredibly clean, but they gave my crew and I a corner of the hotel where our rooms were connected. It wasn’t a normal door that connected the rooms together, but the rooms shared their own private hallway, which was perfect for the way in which we like to collaborate on projects. And, to make our lives even better while on the road they had included wifi service for both of our rooms.

We became very close with the concierge staff and were able to plan our weekend with ease. We had them plan excursions for us ranging from Lucha Libre fights and guided tours of the pyramids to getting reservations at the most exclusive night life destinations in the city.

We were given the royal treatment in a city that we were told not to go to --- let's just say we can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Corner suites are large, sunny, and share a private area between one other room that can be locked a...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Michael R
W_Experience, Manager at W Mexico City, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear MichaelR,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us.
We are truly glad to hear you have an amaze experience with us, this kind of reviews make us proud of what we do and it is an incentive for us to keep providing the best service at W Mexico City.

We look forward to seeing you again really soon.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

This W Hotel is similar to every other W that I have stayed in but with a Mexican twist: mexican ornaments in the lobby area, and great mexican food.
It has an excellent location in Polanco near great restaurants and shops. You can actually walk to them at day or night!
Our room had an extraordinary view of the city. Two comfortable double beds and a nice round tub with an hammock above it and a well lit bathroom.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MaytePrida
W_Experience, Manager at W Mexico City, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Hello MaytePrida,

We are so happy you enjoyed your room as well the food and the decoration of our newly renovated Living Bar.
We hope you can visit us again in the near future and let us to pamper you in a Mexican style!

Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Situated in Polanco, it is near to all good restaurants in town. The hotel is very trendy but can be quite noisy. The rooms are a bit worn out. Spa is great. And the main lounge/bar area have just been renovated. But for business travelers the JW Marriot next door can be a better option depending on the price.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
W_Experience, Manager at W Mexico City, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Hello Paul_Ossamu,

Thank you for your comments; we hope you can visit us once the renovation of the rooms is finished so you can give us the feedback about our new facilities.

Regards,
Minsk, Belarus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

These guys provide the BEST service I have ever encountered. Every single personnel. Very pleasant and impressive! A+ from MichAel Julian Kovadlo. Very highly recommended, will def stay there again on my next trip. Also a great location in Polanco, great spa and restaurant

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank MJstyle
W_Experience, Manager at W Mexico City, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Hello Mr. Kovadlo,

We are so proud we made your stay a W Experience; it is really nice to hear we have done an excellent job and our staff is making the difference!

We are looking forward to have you here soon.

Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

After reading a couple of the reviews, I was kind of skeptical to stay over here, at the end I found a really good rate and decided to give it a try. Well let me tell you it was the best decision I could ever made.
Let me start by saying that yes, the hotel it's quite dated, and they are in the middle of a full refreshment. By the day I checked out the renovation on the lobby and bar was 99% done.
Starting with the check in, staff was really polite and always referring to me by my last name, asking about my room preferences. Bell boy takes us to our room, and yeah as other reviews state, the configuration it's quite weird, but that doesn't mean bed and pillows are not comfortable, big spaces, huge shower and tub area, and no, I couldn't hear any music or noise so my rest was really good!
The concierge was really helpful in getting us all the reservations we wanted for the restaurants in the area, within hours I had all my conformations in my room.
You can't beat the area! Within walking distance of all the restaurants, shopping areas, and museums, W has one of the best locations in Mexico City.
Now, service! Let me tell you I have traveled quite a bit, and I work in this industry, and I was amazed by the level of service I found in the W bar. Rene, the barman is your must to go person! The level of professionalism and the way he interacts with customers it's out of this world. From creating a perfect cocktail to recommending places to have lunch or dinner, this guy is one of the few people I have met in the way that really delivers the W motto, and you can really tell he loves his job.
Overall a really nice place to stay, enjoy a nice cocktail in one of the most trendy areas in Mexico City. I can't wait to visit them when all the refreshment project it's done!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank zaan
W_Experience, Manager at W Mexico City, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Hello zaan,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to have you here during your last trip at Mexico City. We are going to share all your great comments as a motivation to keep providing world class service.

We hope you can visit us again once the renovation at the rooms is finished so you can give us the feedback we need to be the best hotel!