“Good Hotel, great location”
Review of W Mexico City

W Mexico City
Ranked #22 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at the W hotel in Mexico City for a wedding. The hotel is located in Polanco a great area to stay at with many museums, shops and restaurants nearby. I have stayed at this property a few years ago and it is now in need of an update. The overall experience was good.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jamajluf
W_Experience, Manager at W Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Jamajluf

Thanks for your feedback and your loyalty!
I offer you a sincere apology for the inconveniences.

We Hope see you back at W Mexic City in the near future.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

With the exception of the concierge team and some members of the morning staff, other employees, including managers, are lost at their job. At often times, they would look at each other with no idea on what to do, or giving wrong information. It came to a point where the only one who were able to solve my issues was a general human resources manager. Messy bills at check-out, and the list goes on. The rooms, including suites, looked dated and room service was horrible. As a loyal SPG member, I'm grateful for the other properties in Mexico City. W never again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pabs31
W_Experience, Manager at W Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Mr. Pmochel

Many thanks for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us.
Apologies for the inconveniences you encountered.

For us at W Mexico City guest experience and full satisfaction is our goal. We will certainly focus on the deficiencies that you mentioned regarding the delay with our In room dining orders and with the problem that you experienced the key card.
Rest assure that we will learn from this and work hard to avoid this to happen again.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I agree with the reviewer ("gnewey") who stated that this hotel seems like it needs a refurbishment, especially the rooms. However, the bar was happening when I went there and the restaurant is a nice mix of young/hip locals and businessmen. Good location also in Polanco. The concierge was very helpful and the staff very nice.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
W_Experience, Manager at W Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Wallif
Thanks for your feedback!
We are glad to hear that you had a good experience with concierge, I will share your comments with them and make sure we continue providing an excellent service to our guests.

Also we appreciate the details, this will help us to improve some points and prepare to make your next visit even better.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

How to describe the "W". Let's say it is sleek and modern but not made for business travelers. Or for that matter any traveler over 5 foot tall. There isn't a comfortable chair in the room. They are all way too low to the floor. The hamock in the shower is another interesting touch. Not sure what the purpose or intention of the hamock is supposed to be. The room itself was very large and clean. I just wish it was more user friendly. Traveling alone I didn't have an issue with the open floor plan of the bathroom/shower but this could be an issue when traveling with someone else.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
W_Experience, Manager at W Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear Sjack80724
Thank you for the complete feedback you have provided. This level of detail is important for us so we know exactly how we can improve for future experiences.

I offer you a sincere apology for the inconveniences, please rest assure that we already started working on your observations and we aim for nothing else but to create wonderful experiences.

Regards from Mexico City,

Reviewed July 20, 2013

It feels old and tired. The design of the hotel is there but everything seems old and needs to be updated or replaced. The room has a weird bathroom, the bathtub is a round bowl shaped tub. There is only a rain shower over it, basically you'll have to wet your hair when you shower, and if you shower normally the entire area around the tub (the whole bathroom will be wet. There is a toilet room which is extremely small, you'll have to maneuver around the toilet seat to close the door. The wifi is good and dependable. The spa (I didn't use but took a peek) looks amazing. The location is great, near Palanco, close to some fantastic restaurants and shops. Check out Lincoln (Emilio Castelar 163), a fantastic Mexican restaurant in a beautiful mansion in Polanco and also the ultra chic lifestyle and fashion store Common People nearby.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gnewey
W_Experience, Gerente at W Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Hi Gnewey

Thanks for your comments.

I offer you a apology for the inconveniences, we definitely will take all the good and not so good and work with it so we can meet all of our guests expectations.

Looking forward to see again in a near future!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Planned a weekend getaway in my hometown to the W hotel in Mexico City.

Got a Spa+Hotel package. The spa is OK, however the steamroom is old and there are many tiles missing. There is no pool in the Spa, only a lukewarm "hot tub". The room we got terribly maintained, broken marble pieces, peeled paint, old furniture. No minibar in the rooms. The WC had a leak and we had to give it a fix after every use. The beds are super soft and the pillows are clearly synthetic, also super soft. We stayed from Saturday to Sunday, and started hearing hammering in someplace in the building, don't understand why they would do maintenance on a Sunday. There is a concrete wall at the very entrance of the hotel, under a "green" wall. The plants under the green wall are totally dry and dead.
The lobby bar is cool but unfortunately very empty, it did see better days years ago. The personnel is friendly and helpful. The hotel location couldn't be better.
We truly expected much much more from a W hotel, moreover being the only one in Mexico. Don't think we would go back, there are many other great options in Mexico City, such as Las Alcobas, Four Seasons, St Regis or Westin.
Too bad they have not invested a penny in years at this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
W_Experience, Manager at W Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Hi Gerardo K

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you encountered. I want you to know that we have taken action in this matter.

Mr Gerardo , I do hope you will give us a new opportunity in the near future to redeem ourselves for your complete satisfaction. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me. luz.madrid@whotels.com

Luz Marid

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I just came back from a two night stay with the W in Polanco. It was my second time staying here.

My girlfriend's bag was left in Cancun and arriving at 1am meant the airline was as good as useless.

At checkin the staff not only helped with some basic amenities, a change of shirt for her but also helped us plan out our day. The welcome drink helped too!

We were given a high floor room with great views.

When we woke up the concierge had already been in touch with the airline, located the bag and arranged to have it brought to the hotel. Vacation rescued!

The only negative I would say is having to pay for a late check out which is included at most Starwood hotels with my SPG status. However in light of the exceptional service dealing with our lost bag I can hardly complain.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Vanderjas

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and observations. We definitely will take all the great, good and not so good and work with it so we can meet all of our guests expectations.

Looking forward to welcoming you at any time!