“Not for Light-Sleepers!”

Ranked #27 of 310 Hotels in Mexico City
Bahrain
“Not for Light-Sleepers!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The Good: The location, although relatively far from the historic center of the City, worked for me as a solo female traveler as it is in an upmarket part of the City so it gave me the sense of safety and security that I was looking for. The Hotel is an easy 10 minute walk from the nearest metro station, which conveniently connected me to the rest of the City. The Hotel staff were great! I had a problem with the room first assigned to me, and the front desk staff were prompt in giving me another room and helping me move rooms. Thanks Lenny!

The Bad: The first room (on the 5th floor) assigned to me was in bad condition; it felt over-used and old with cracks in the furniture and sanitary ware. The balcony door was not sealed, which meant it got very cold at night and of course sleeping was very difficult with all the noise coming from the street (and believe me, it was pretty loud!). The replacement room (on the 17th floor), was a newer room with no balcony thankfully. This meant a controlled room temperature and no street noise. However, sleeping was still a problem as the hotel walls are very thin (I could hear my neighbors "activities") and the plumbing is very loud (every time my neighbors flushed, the loud rumbling of water being dispensed and the tank refilled would wake me up - no kidding!). If you are a light sleeper like me, this hotel is not for you!

Room Tip: As for rooms on higher floors!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Elham23
W_Mexico_City, Manager at W Mexico City, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear guest:

Thank You for taking the time to provide us with the feedback about your stay with us. I want to apologize for the inconveniences you went through at our hotel regarding the plumbing and room conditions. We at W strive to make each guest experience memorable and pleasant as it is certainly not our intention to provide our guests with a negative experience. Please feel free to contact me at stephen.hertzberg@whotels.com prior to your next arrival so we can make sure your needs are fulfilled beforehand.
If you have any further questions or concerns, I would be happy to help however I can.

Warm regards

Stephen Hertzberg
W Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Greek first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Travelled to Mexico City for the Cirque "Immortal Tour" with my girlfriend and had an incredible stay at the W!

From the moment we arrived from the airport, there was a warm welcome from Alberto (bellman) with a tray and very cold bottles of water...a very welcome relief from the drive in.

Check-in was very smooth and the room given to us was fantastic. The rooms are very modern and the first impression was spot-on. As with any W, the room was well-lit, functional and very clean.

The concierges are all very able but our hats off to Cynthia, who arranged a reservation at Dulce Patria for an upscale and contemporary Mexican cuisine. You can tell that she and the hotel carry clout for the restaurant. (We arrived and were greeted warmly, while waiting for our table with another two couples on the "snobby" side. The manager came around and escorted us immediately to our table, to the visible grief of the other waiting party!)

Didn't eat at the hotel restaurant in order to explore Mexico City for such a short stay but definitely visited the bar. Their bartenders are hip, knowledgable about drinks, but above all, extremely attentive to their guests. We could have stayed at the bar the whole day!

The staff is very accommodating. I went down to the "Wired" room (Business Center) but it was being remodeled and relocated on that day; no worries, Ivan (Banquet Captain) escorted me to his office and I was able to log on my email server and check a couple of emails from the office....SIN PROBLEMAS! Pure service!!

When we left, Alberto was again there to ensure that we had a pleasant stay and another two bottles of water for the taxi trip back to the airport!

CANNOT WAIT TO VISIT AGAIN!! Great job W!!

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I am a little late in writing this review. We went there the week of New Years and stayed for 3 days/nights. Out room was beautiful and the view of the city was amazing. The A/C in our room was not working properly but it was nothing that we could not handle. The hotel even helped us out when we checked out due to this one little issue. We had amazing service and the concierge was spectacular. You have to have a drink on their roof top bar. It is amazing. I would go back here again in a heartbeat as it really is located in the best possible location near some amazing museums; art galleries and restaurants. I can't wait to go back to Mexico City!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Guadalajara, Mexico
Reviewed August 29, 2012

The hotel is pretty nice, rooms are spacious, front desk helped us moving into a room with a tub which was nice, but there are a lot of small things that bothered me.
When we first walked in there were no bell boys, I can say that the whole staff attitude is quite poor, no one is really friendly.
My gold necklace fell off while I was sleeping, I notified this to security before anyone came in the room, assuming they would find it between all the million sheets and covers they have. My necklace was "lost "....
I left feeling really sad, upset and not wanting to come back,

1 Thank Mast9
W_Mexico_City, Manager at W Mexico City, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear guest:

Thank you for posting your feedback from your visit with us.
Walking into a hotel with no bell boys and noticing lack of friendliness can leave a negative lasting impression that overshadows the rest of any trip. Rest assured that your comments have been passed onto the Hotel Management Staff to prevent similar occurrences from happening in the future.

We have noted your comments regarding your necklace. After your departure, we consulted once again our Lost & Found department and interviewed the Room Attendant who serviced the room in order to locate the item. We regret to inform you that the necklace was unfortunately not recovered by any of our team members.

Please contact me anytime at stephen.hertzberg@whotels.com in case further assistance is needed.

Kind regards
Queretaro City, Mexico
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I just came from staying in W Mexico City and the experience was great.
I had an upgrade because checking in took a little bit longer than expected, but it was all worth it.
Since arrival the lounge bar at the entrance give you a relaxing atmosphere.
Room, with red details was very charming, modern and with all ammenities.
It is really recommended for a relaxing trip.
Bed and pillows were excellent.
The SPA area, with sauna and steam bath are included and they complete the relaxing experience.

1 Thank Mexwanderer
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The hotel is quite nice and in a nice area. There are issues with maintenance right when you walk in, seems like they don't care about the condition of the hotel. The hammock in the bathroom is really a gimmick since we never even used it. Our A/C unit didn't work that great and our bathroom door was off the railing and broken. I also couldn't believe that they don't exchange dollars to pesos only euros to pesos, what a joke considering their main customers are Americans. Be careful in the shower since the temperature isn't regulated very well, one minute it's cold the other it's super hot.

Stay someplace else if you are going to pay this amount of money! Also the bartenders tend to try and rip you off!

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
1 Thank Bryan536
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed August 15, 2012

It is a W, so no real surprises.

In a nutshell:
- design hotel
- good location
- very big rooms (comfortable beds!)
- bathroom with a view
- very friendly concierge
- service in the bar could be better

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank FergieBrussels
Dear guest:

Thank you for the feedback you have provided. Your comments are always important for us so we know exactly how we can improve for future experiences.

Since you have mentioned that service in the bar could be better, I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you in more detail to learn how you feel we could improve. You can reach me at stephen.hertzberg@whotels.com. I look forward to hearing from you

Warm regards