“Good food for men”

Price range: $300 - $1,000
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Polanco
Description: Prime & Wine is distinguished by the high quality of it's dishes and excellent service. Within an atmosphere of privacy and elegance, the meat served at their tables is "USDA Prime" quality. It's important to remark that of all the beef produced in the US, less than 2% is certified as USDA Prime. P&W is famous for the presentation of it's menu, meat and fish in great portion sizes, selected dishes and fresh vegetables, all displayed by our beautiful hostesses at the side of your table in an entertaining and detailed manner. The menu includes a variety of cuts as Prime Rib, New York, Rib Eye, Porterhouse, Filet Mignon and much more, everything cooked according to the doneness level of your choice. Enjoy your meal accompany by a good bottle of wine from Monday to Friday. We invite you to enjoy the Prime & Wine experience!
Reviewed May 4, 2014

First comemnt: this is a place for men. there are two kinds of waiters. the waitresses are dressed to kill, with mini skirts and low cleavage and they touch all the time and act very flattery. The male waiters are just to bring your food to the table.
Otherwise, it is a good steakhouse. and there is live singers on stage singing [popular Mexican songs. A bit expensive though.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We ended up dining here twice whilst out on business.

Let's be clear - this is aimed at male business men. Yes the waitresses wear corsets and mini skirts and are pretty to stare at, but the food is pretty good too. On both occasions I counted only one female client amongst the sea of 50+ men. It's like a soft-core gentlemen's club really. I'd read the reviews so knew what to expect.

On the first occasion I had a mix of sea food/meat skewer, it wasn't fantastic, but pretty good all the same. The waitress was very touchy feely, which may of may not suit you. On our second visit we had shrimps fried in tequila which is mildly amusing because you get to watch your glamorous waitresses cook it, thankfully whist probably not trained chefs she did a pretty good job of it. I then followed with a rib-eye steak which was very good. I asked for medium rare, and I would say it was on the French side of Medium rare, as opposed to the British (I can't comment as for the US preparation styles) i.e. probably rare in UK. Still in was tasty. Our waitress on this visit spoke good English.

After food in the non-smoking area we wondered up to the smoking area which was being entertained by three girls and a gentlemen on the keyboard. Pretty average but reasonably entertaining. I had a rather tasty single malt and a few beers whilst a few corrupt Mexican business deals went down over some rather large cigars.

1  Thank SimonG624
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

I was in Mexico City on business. Looking for something within walking distance from the hotel, we decided to stop here as we were walking by. I was with three male coworkers (I am a female). Once we were seated, we were all quite surprised at the appearance of the waitresses! They were wearing corsets and very, very short skirts (not to mention, enough perfume to gag a maggot!). I'm sure my coworkers would have enjoyed it, but it was very uncomfortable being the only female customer. On the positive side, they had menus in English or Spanish and the food was good, but it was very hard to keep an appetite!

3  Thank prizeseeker
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I loved the atmosphere although it was more of mans playground with great food, lots of flat screen tvs with sports playing, and beautiful waiters.

This place also had great food! The steaks are cooked to perfection!!! I would definitely recommend this place to men that are traveling and are looking for a great place to eat and watch a game or two.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is a steakhouse where the waitresses dress like the Hooters waitresses in the USA. The steaks are somewhat tough and average quality. The restaurant is okay for guys and I went alone and felt comfortable. I would not take my wife but he bottom line is that this is restaurant that you can walk too, feel safe, have an average meal and a glass of wine. The service and food quality are lacking. I would go again just based on other choices and wanting to get out of the hotel.

1  Thank kpeterson001