“overpriced and no guest care!”
Review of Distrito Condesa

Distrito Condesa
Ranked #11 of 147 Mexico City B&B and Inns
Rome, Italy
“overpriced and no guest care!”
Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

a 4 nights stay, first of all it's not a bed and breakfast because nobody of the staff lives there, during the day none is there to help you, a boy called Alejandro told us to phone him for anything but for the price we payed (all in advance!) I want someone at the reception! they where working in renovating a room so it was noisy and dusty. The girls working there for beakfast (not really good) at the end also asked for an extra tip.. Really unpolite and inapproprite for the high price. Common areas are bad, no garden and our room didn't have a window facing outside but just the bathroom!
They have no idea of what customer care is, I wasted my money there, for the same price or even less you can stay in a 4 stars hotel and in a better position in the city. The underground stations nearby are pretty far and dangerous in the night, the street where the distrito condesa is dark and ugly. For 85 dollars per night I suggest to find an accomodation in Coyoacan or in a real hotel of the centro historico.

• Stayed July 2012
Distrito_Condesa, General Manager at Distrito Condesa, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
We are very sorry your stay with us was not satisfactory. The Bed & Breakfast concept is to offer privacy to our guest and support any time they need it. Our manager ,who is not a boy, he is an experience hotel manager , does live in the property. in Mexico the cleaning personnel live on tips. Tips are not included in the price of the room, so we leave this up to our guest.. I suppose you are not use to tip, but no problem our team understand that too.

Condesa is a very hip, safe and cool neighborhood, so our prices go accordingly..

Regards..

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
los angeles
Reviewed August 5, 2012

stylish.....GREAT location.......a fantastic value for the neighborhood.......friendly, helpful staff......a cooked breakfast.......i could go on and on!
i really loved my stay here....
i would HIGHLY recommend this guest house......if you are looking for an economic place to stay in the CONDESA..please try this lovely, small, boutique inn.....the staff take wonderful care of the home...
what a wonderful base to explore mexico city! there is a metro and a metrobus a 5 minute walk from the hotel...and an abundance of bars and restaurants in this "colonia"....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 1, 2012

the owner fails to inform you that the building next door hosts extremely loud parties that go well into the night. My complaints went unanswered I would never go back or recommend this place.
the room was of very standard quality, as was the bathroom. breakfast consists of box cereals and little more.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank lordmerd
Distrito_Condesa, Owner at Distrito Condesa, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
We are very sorry that your stay was not as pleasant.Also we are very sorry that the neighbor that night had a wedding party. This is very unusual, this has never happened before and we have no control over this kind of situation.

Also our manager gave you an explanation of what was going on, and he offered you a different room away from the noise, and you did not want to change rooms.

It really calls my attention your comment about "cereal boxes".. we offer full breakfast every morning, we don´t even buy cereal boxes.. Our breakfast consist of fresh fruit, fresh juice, granola, cereals , assorted bread, yoghurt, eggs and a Mexican specialty every day.

We do everything possible to have our guest happy every day as you can read in all the reviews.

Thanks
Caracas, Venezuela
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We decided to spent the first days of our trip at this B&B. Great location at a very quiet street.
The service from all the staff is fantastic and Alejandro even helped us with our plane tickets.
The house is nice with modern clean decoration of rooms. Breakfast was plenty and delicious.
Ask for Chilaquiles!!! Buonissimi!!!

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank magni66
Monterrey N.L.
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We spent 3 days at this beautiful B&B, casual and very clean. I loved the Patio, they have very nice styled chairs. Our stay at this place was very satisfactory because I think their prices are on the right value. Also the location is great, near to everything in Condesa

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I was very lucky to have discovered what appears to be a combination youth hostel/hotel boutique on Cholula. I had a very spacious room with a gigantic balcony where I enjoyed a cup of coffee or a cigar and the pleasant neighborhood scenery. Distrito Condesa is of course located in Condesa and is within short walking distance of the the main restaurants and clubs on Tamaulipas and Nuevo Leon. But you are still far enough away from the parties so you can have quiet when you get home. My room was suitable for one person or a couple typical of a hotel boutique. But I also noticed they have more dorm-like accommodations for those who are accustomed a youth hostel environment.

My room did not have a bathroom en suite. I had my own bathroom across the hall. This didn't bother me, but I would have preferred to have had my own bathroom en suite. Some of the other rooms had their own bathrooms so if this is an issue for you I'd inquire about it first before you book.

It seems the place was still undergoing some construction while I was there so I withhold one star until everything this complete. But overall, great experience and great addition to the Condesa 'hood.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo