“Simply great!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro Historico
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Excellent location, atmosphere, food, service! It is a place in the heart of Mexico city's historical area, very hard to find as it has no outside signage, but once inside everything changes. Real old style Mexican food.

There are newer reviews for Azul Historico

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We liked this restaurant so much that we ate here 2 nights in a row. Both times we went at around 6pm, without reservations, and were seated immediately. The margaritas were amazing. They have menus in English. While we were there they had a special menu of moles. The moles were good beyond words. Both times we had an excellent server who helped us decide what to order. The restaurant was a quick 5 minute walk from our hotel, Hampton Inn.

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

The space itself looks great, and we had some good margaritas there. The food and service were very disappointing. We ordered two different moles and appetizers. The ceviche was very good, the white bean tamale all masa and very bland. The moles were bland also. I will upload a photo of the steak with my mole, which I ordered medium rare. It was well over-cooked. Worse, when I complained to the waiter he shrugged, pointing to the kitchen, clearly communicating it was their fault and not his concern. Really? Too bad. They had so many moles on the menu I was really expecting a great experience.

Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is located in a wonderful courtyard like the central part of the old Mexican haciendas. But this one has mature trees that are maintained (cut and trimmed) to cover the courtyard perfectly ate the level of the roof. It makes a magical effect and very restful place.
The staff are extremely friendly and very good at what they do, service. Please take a chance and ask what their own favourites are on the menu. You won't be disappointed!
They have a good selection of mescals served in a dried shell of an unknown fruit which is very interesting.
Try the guacamole topped with chapulines. It's exquisite and it's because of Azul that I know eat chapulines!
You will need reservations during normal lunch and dinner hours but outside of that, you can try to just walk in.
I just looooove this place!

Reviewed February 21, 2014

You'd probably miss this place if you weren't looking for it. Fodo was great, I had something in burnt chili ash which I didnt have anywhere else on the trip. Also a great location away from the hustle and bustle of Mexico City