“Yum - have the margaritas” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Azul Historico

Azul Historico
Reserve with OpenTable
Azul Historico is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 3,537 Restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Centro Historico
nyc
“Yum - have the margaritas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Great atmosphere, great food and excellent margaritas. It was very reasonably priced. I had a venison starter, shrimp with green sauce as the main and a few bites of a chocolate tomale for dessert. The service was very nice however the spanish and english menus are different so if you're kind of in the "spanglish" arena it may be wise to request a menu in each language so you can double check that you're seeing all of the options. Overall, we had a lovely time.

• Visited April 2013

• Korean first
USA
“nice place for a relaxing good meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This was our first night in Mexico city and the B&B we stayed at recommended Azul Historico which was within easy walking distance.

We very much enjoyed the Mexican Food. We had appetizers and then ordered. My waife had a pear salad with blue cheese and asked if she could have scallops added which were part of a different salad. The wait staff is not proficient in English but we were able to communicate and they asked the kitcheb staff shich was agreeable.

I ordered bunelos mole negro whcih was excellent.

The drinks were well made and the atmosphere was very relaxing in a courtyard

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Monterrey
“Beautiful inside garden-like restaurant walking distance from Palacio de Bella Artes.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Beautiful beautiful beautiful! Azul Historico is located at mexico's city city centre. They offer a base menu and a monthly changing menu; we tried dishes from both and everything was delicious. Service was impeccable. Ambiance was delightful.

• Visited March 2013
New York City, New York
“Fun hot spot in downtown Mexico City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is a charming restaurant with a great interior inside a courtyard. A bit of a scene, especially with valet parking being a bit crazy as you enter.

The food was worth it. The chef was focused on "mango" for an extra set of dishes: I had the mango salad, which was refreshing. For my main entree, I'd highly recommend the "Buñuelos rellenos de pato rostizado" (roast duck stuffed into wee packets and deep-fried, similar to fried wontons) - one of the best Mexican dishes I've ever tasted!

I also discovered great Mexican wine (which later I found in duty free in the Mexico City airport): Monte Xanic 2010 Merlot.

• Visited April 2013
Madrid, Spain
“Nice Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My mom & I stopped in here for our last dinner in the city and are very happy we did. Service was professional (and very kind when I forgot a few words in Spanish) and the food was well-executed if not always to our taste (my mom's first experience with mole negro, ha), I'm sure you can't go wrong with what you order.
At night, the restaurant is gorgeous, a little dark but the lights in the trees and the candles on the table set a lovely scene. And don't skimp on dessert when you're here! Their tiramisu and tres leches cake were some of the best I've had.

• Visited March 2013