“nice place for a relaxing good meal”
Review of Azul Historico

Azul Historico
Ranked #69 of 5,219 Restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro Historico
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This was our first night in Mexico city and the B&B we stayed at recommended Azul Historico which was within easy walking distance.

We very much enjoyed the Mexican Food. We had appetizers and then ordered. My waife had a pear salad with blue cheese and asked if she could have scallops added which were part of a different salad. The wait staff is not proficient in English but we were able to communicate and they asked the kitcheb staff shich was agreeable.

I ordered bunelos mole negro whcih was excellent.

The drinks were well made and the atmosphere was very relaxing in a courtyard

Write a ReviewReviews (1,785)

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Beautiful beautiful beautiful! Azul Historico is located at mexico's city city centre. They offer a base menu and a monthly changing menu; we tried dishes from both and everything was delicious. Service was impeccable. Ambiance was delightful.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is a charming restaurant with a great interior inside a courtyard. A bit of a scene, especially with valet parking being a bit crazy as you enter.

The food was worth it. The chef was focused on "mango" for an extra set of dishes: I had the mango salad, which was refreshing. For my main entree, I'd highly recommend the "Buñuelos rellenos de pato rostizado" (roast duck stuffed into wee packets and deep-fried, similar to fried wontons) - one of the best Mexican dishes I've ever tasted!

I also discovered great Mexican wine (which later I found in duty free in the Mexico City airport): Monte Xanic 2010 Merlot.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

My mom & I stopped in here for our last dinner in the city and are very happy we did. Service was professional (and very kind when I forgot a few words in Spanish) and the food was well-executed if not always to our taste (my mom's first experience with mole negro, ha), I'm sure you can't go wrong with what you order.
At night, the restaurant is gorgeous, a little dark but the lights in the trees and the candles on the table set a lovely scene. And don't skimp on dessert when you're here! Their tiramisu and tres leches cake were some of the best I've had.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Located a few blocks from the Zocalo in Mexico City this charming restaurant located in a central courtyard in a historical building is worth the visit. The restaurant is part of a shopping complex made up of hotels (a boutique & a hostel), restaurants and stores that focus on local products. Take a walk around and explore, its worth it. The restaurant was bustling so service was unattentive and a little forgetful. The margaritas by far were the best we had in our trip to Mexico. We really enjoyed the cochinita pibil, a great Mexican apetizer made of pork. But the main dishes were nothing to yell about, we could see that they were well executed and well thought-out by chef Ricardo Munoz Zurita, but the flavor wasn´t there.