“My Favorite Hotel in Mexico City!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of InterContinental Presidente Santa Fe

InterContinental Presidente Santa Fe
Ranked #36 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
Monterey, California
“My Favorite Hotel in Mexico City!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

I've been traveling to Mexico for business since 2001 and have stayed at a number of different hotels located around Mexico City. In the past, we were usually satisfied with the hotels in which we stayed but they were basically a place to lay your head at night. All this changed when we discovered the Intercontinental in Santa Fe - and a world of business luxury was opened up! The wonderful service is complimented by the always joyous attitude of the hotel staff. The rooms are large, sparkling clean and comfortable and the views spectacular. I can honestly say I really look forward to each business trip as it means I'll be enjoying a relaxing stay at "home". Thanks to the staff at the InterContinental Presidente Santa Fe and keep up the great work!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Robert B
BVerones, Director General at InterContinental Presidente Santa Fe, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear guest,
On behalf of the entire staff we would like to thank you for your very positive feedback. We are very proud to be working in this amazing Hotel, and consider ourselves very lucky to have the honor of assisting our very important guests such as yourself when they choose our property for their visits to Mexico City. We strive every day to ensure our patrons get to experience the best possible service our destination has to offer, and feel immensely satisfied when we manage to achieve this goal. One of the things we highlight the most is our fantastic view of the Mexico City valley, where you can appreciate the sprawling metropolis and on clear mornings even the volcanoes that surround our bustling city (you can enjoy it from home via www.webcamsdemexico.com ). It will be our great pleasure to welcome you back to your home away from home once again in the near future!
Best regards
Gerente General / General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Avon, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have stayed at several different hotels in the Mexico City area, and this is by far the best. It's my hotel of choice to stay at on my regular trips to Mexico City. The service is always excellent, the rooms are large and very clean. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the area!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BVerones, Director General at InterContinental Presidente Santa Fe, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
dear Abram R
Thank you very much for your kind words. It would be a pleasure for me you meet you in person during your next stay with us I will naturally let our staff know about your comments. If you ever feel like looking out the window from our hotel, we have a webcam installed, which you can access through the website,webcamsdemexico.
Kind regards

Queretaro City, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last week for a meeting. The hotel is beautiful, new and has a wonderful location and view. The distribution of the facilities is quite "different"... you have to go thru the gym to get to the bar?!?!?! really? I wasn't very excited to smell the sweaty room before getting to enjoy my delicious drink... or having to go thru a restaurant to get to another?!?!? Ok, maybe it was my first time dealing with something like that!

Regardless... service? WOW they know the concept of service. I have to say that I feel like at home. Everybody was so nice and efficient. There was nothing I asked that I didn't get a quick answer. I feel glad that we choose to stay there. I am sure I will be going back. I have to say that their service is way better than the Presidente that in Polanco... just my experience!

Room Tip: View to the city is wonderful!, but if you can get a corner room you get to see both sides!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BVerones, Director General at InterContinental Presidente Santa Fe, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Carlos R
First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your feeling about your experience with the Tripadvisor Family.
This is truth that we have the best view of all the valley of Mexico and you will be able to remember it through our live web cam on the top of this highest building in Santa Fe entering in: webcamsdemexico.
Also we offer the most complete gastronomic variety in the zone with 6 restaurants including the 2 well known French brasserie, Au Pied De Cochon and new York steak and lobster house, The Palm
Regarding our service , I will let all my colleagues know about your feelings, our passion is to attend you.

Hopping to see you soon again and to have the opportunity to welcome you.

Warms regards,

Monterey, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

This has taken position number one in my hotels list. The people are excellent and go out of their way to accommodate you in every possible way. Concierge is without a doubt the best. I recommend that you purchase the Ambassador membership, it is well worth it as it pays off it a few stays by getting free breakfast, free water and fresh fruit in your rooms every day. The rooms are extremely clean and the hotel is brand new so expect nothing but the best of comfort. If you want to dine out, you never have to fight traffic as they have the best restaurants in Santa Fe if not in Mexico City at the bottom floors. There is no reason to go anywhere else, take my word for it. I am there one week every month and I would never stay anywhere else. Try it once and you will be hooked. It is hard enough getting reservations here and I am probably not doing myself any favors by adding this excellent review but I give credit where credit is due.

Room Tip: All the rooms have the same view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Eli G
BVerones, General Manager at InterContinental Presidente Santa Fe, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear ,

We are delighted you had such a great experience in our Hotel. As you very well mention, our Hotel is part of a building complex that includes exciting culinary options (amongst them the world renowned French bistro “Au Pied de Cochon” and the authentic New York steak and lobster option, “The Palm”), a modern art gallery, a wine tasting venue, and even the Mexican version of Starbucks, “Cielito Querido”. It is our promise to our guests to ensure that they have everything they need and more during their stay. And we thank you for purchasing your Ambassador membership, which now sets you apart and gives you multiple benefits not only in our Hotel but in any InterContinental around the world.

We will be very happy to welcome you back on your next trip!

Best regards,

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 9 days in business and overall enjoyed my stay.

Good things:
Catarina at reception...very helpful
Monica at concierge....always looking to give useful info
Camp breakfast was lovely
Rooms spacious and hot water always

Not so good:
Gym is small and not well attended with water etc
Pool is not a pool...it's a jacuzzi
Outlets are way too formal and a little outdated in style

During my stay I had a flood in my bathroom and had to move rooms. This was done in less than an hour and with minimum fuss...great job by the team.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Stuart_Birkwood
BVerones, Director General at InterContinental Presidente Santa Fe, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dearest guest,
First of all thank you for taking the time to share your experience with all the Tripadvisor family.
Personally, I have always valued the people asset above all, they are the beating heart of our hotel. Please be sure that your comments will be shared with the team in order to keep improving every day.
We will be delighted to have the pleasure to welcome you again.
Best regards,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

One of the best rooms I ever had. Excellent shower and bed. Excellent food and services.

High velocity internet wifi.

There are only 2 things that are not that good: First is the stree noise in the room, Second is the breakfast that is not in a obvious place and you need to ask for help to find.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Flavio D
BVerones, Director General at InterContinental Presidente Santa Fe, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Flavio D,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking your time and sharing such nice comments with the Tripadvisor Family.

Be sure that I will follow with my colleagues to inform our guest the way and place to have breakfast.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcome you soon,

Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Since I first contact the sales team with a request for a special night, they came back quickly and with good ideas. The service since the check in to the check out was outstanding, the room great, the view amazing, the food so tasty (both the in-room dinner and brunch next day).

Only a few problems I see:
- The entrance to the hotel is not easy to see.
- Despite located in one of the nicest areas of Mexico City, the street outside is not well maintained.
- If you want to access Mexico City´s main attractions, this hotel is far from them, but great if you are there for business in the Santa Fe area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank khano_galvan
Dear Khano_Galvan,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time and sharing such nice comments with the Tripadvisor family.

Yes we have a few new building sky scrapers under construction in the neighborhood, this a new business place in Mexico City.
You will be able to remember the amazing view entering in the web: webcamsdemexico we have a live camera 24h/day.
We looking forward to welcome you soon again.