“Dissapointing”
Review of Hotel Habita

Hotel Habita
Ranked #174 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I booked this hotel for a 8 nights stay in March 2013 due to it's location and the fact that it belongs to Leading Hotels of the World. To make a long story short, I decided to check out after one night stay because you simply cannot deal with a 5 star hotel where the front desk is attended only by 1 staff member - not very helpful, the room could not be heated, the internet was so slow that I never succeded in reading a single mail on my iphone or computer. It was very cold everywhere in the hotel - probably due to the low quality of the Building. Breakfast was acceptable but you needed to enjoy it sitting with your coat. After having many starys at Leading Hotels of the World, I simply do not understand that LHW is willing to put their brand at risk with such a poor propertry on all aspects. The location was the only thing I could rescue from this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Gabin68

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed there for just one night and it was not the best experience. When we got there, the check in was fast. We arrived to our room, small and with a nice terrace. After we were installed, we saw not one but two roaches! Really?! We called the front desk and they offered to send someone to kill them for us, but my husband already killed them. Killing them was not the problem, the cleanness was. I did not want to find a roach around my stuff…disgusting.

Anyway, they moved us to another room, which was bigger and had a balcony. It was clean, but had a funny smell, like if someone smoked there. The following morning we were in a rush, so we ordered room service. Our breakfast was mediocre. How hard its to make some decent scrambled eggs? I promise you can find better places for breakfast than what we got. We called the front desk to get a taxi for us to go to the airport. When we get there, they haven’t called the taxi for us yet, so we had to wait. As I said before, we were in a hurry and that’s why we called beforehand. My husband said how disappointed he was, and the breakfast was on them. They apologized for the roaches inconvenience, but did not seem to care about the cab. I wouldn’t stay there again. I mean, the location is great and the rooms are nice, but they need to make sure that the rooms are clean and roaches free. More so, the service has to be on top of things.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a room with a little indoor terrace.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Geniegirl1
Reviewed March 8, 2013

No hassle stay, even though a bit apprehensive after reading the reviews about noise. Stayed mid week so no noise problems other than the morning traffic, but this is due to an outstanding location close to shops of all sorts and great restaurants.
Room was very modern and lots of magazines to entertain.
Only slight concern was the slight sewer smell in the hall way (level 3), but absolutely no issue inside the room.
Very nice pool deck and very fresh cocktail (super good value $, by Australian standards).
The value of the room could be an issue for some (myself included even with a discount deal through hotelsclub.com), and I would recommend a repeat visit for those who feel the need to be trendy and like to be within walking distance of boutique shopping.
Very fast and tasty room service light breaky too.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My wife and I were checked in for 3 days. We left after one. This is not really a hotel in the way one would think of it. It is more some floors of rooms between a rooftop bar and a street level cafe. It is sort of in the Standard Hotel model, but beat up and dated. Here are the particulars: the room carpets are stained, there was a sea monster of dead hear stuck to the drain plug, it was noisy, the bathrobe was of a material better used to scrub dishes with. The check in people are totally checked out. When we came in the desk guy had half a donut in his mouth and was chewing and wiping his face when we got there. Amazing. All this would have been forgiven if the rate was a youth hostel rate. Ok fine, I would get it. But it was real money, $195/night. If you look up the reviews of the companies other hotels, you will find basically the same thing. The problems at the hotel are clearly something that is an upper management decision. We left and went to the W for a lower rate and an actual professional hotel. Bottom line: an awesome place if you want to do your own version of Leaving Las Vegas.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank dhs1LosAngeles
Marina S, Gerente at Hotel Habita, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear dhs1LosAngeles:

Thank you for your comments, we are working on all the details mentioned. Actually the Carpet has been renewed on late january, if you come back you will find brand new floors in All the hotel. We would love you to come back with us and see by yourself that our standards are what you are expecting and even more

Best
Dan Bielak

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Habita is a very stylish hotel in a good location, but not in the center of Mexico City. The good thing is, that it is located at a very well known street so it is easier for the taxi drivers to find it.
(Take care with the taxis, I made some bad experiences)
The rooms are stylish and spacious and we loved the option of the background music. The bar and the pool on the sixth floor is very cool. We had a great time with friends who came over to our hotel because of the cool location. The staff is good and courteous. I would always recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the upper floors. The breakfast is very good and comprehensive and can be taken til...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I found Habita a very nice hotel for young people.

Rooms are big enough, very nice minimalist decor and very clean. The hotel itself is sort of a design hotel and it seems relatively new or well kept.

The staff is really helpful, no issue with any of them and very friendly and smiley. Only cleaners were sometimes very loud in the morning in the corridors (or I satayed in bed too late...).

The hotel has a very nice bar in a roof top and a cool swimming pool in the middle in Mexico City. It is located in a very nice neighbourhood with many shops and restaurants and easy to walk around with no security concerns.

Other than that, I would not probably go to this hotel if I were 30 years older but for younger people who want a nice minimalist hotel with a cool bar, swimming pool... it is perfect.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Incompetent staff. Does not listen to customers. Need to improve service significantly to become a leading hotel. Not sure i would stay again. Noisy, room under the gym. Woke up at 6 am with someone running in the treadmill. Bar closed for guests sll weekend because of privae parties. The only plus are locatiOn and cool room

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Anchoraglady
Marina S, Gerente at Hotel Habita, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

dear Anchorglady:

Thank you for your comments. Our priority at Hotel Habita are our guests, my sincere apologies if you did not feel this way, please let me know about your recent stay by email so we can go through every specific detail you had. I hope you come visit us soon again so you can see by yourself that our standards are of top quality and let us pamper you

Best Regards