“Poor service, noisy but good location and cool rooms” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Habita

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Habita
Ranked #185 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
“Poor service, noisy but good location and cool rooms”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Incompetent staff. Does not listen to customers. Need to improve service significantly to become a leading hotel. Not sure i would stay again. Noisy, room under the gym. Woke up at 6 am with someone running in the treadmill. Bar closed for guests sll weekend because of privae parties. The only plus are locatiOn and cool room

• Stayed December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Anchoraglady
Marina S, Gerente at Hotel Habita, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
dear Anchorglady:

Thank you for your comments. Our priority at Hotel Habita are our guests, my sincere apologies if you did not feel this way, please let me know about your recent stay by email so we can go through every specific detail you had. I hope you come visit us soon again so you can see by yourself that our standards are of top quality and let us pamper you

Best Regards
Dan Bielak

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Hi I just recently got back from my trip; and couldn't wait to share my experience.

I had stay in other hotels from the same group in the City, I thought I would try another one since I was going to stay for the weekend and have some fun.

It was a great choice, the rooms are like must in the group, great decor, clean, and modern. The staff was helpful.

But this time we got the chance to use the pool and hang in the deck it made for a perfect romantic get away, my g-friend enjoy it so much, she could not believe we where in the middle of this big city.

Im definitely going back.

Room Tip: Stay thru the weekend there are lots of bars and cool restaurants to enjoy a nice dinner.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is a very innovative and unique hotel, and the staff were all very helpful. The rooms are stylish and spacious, with good lighting and the option of background music, the breakfast buffet is nice (and can be taken till noon) and the bar on the sixth floor is cool and inviting - definitely somewhere you'd make time to spend. Whilst I didn't get to use them, the swimming pool and gym were compact but had a nice atmosphere. Fast and free wifi in room too. Now for the negatives: i) no coffee/ tea-making facilities in the room (although room service was very reasonably priced) ii) it's hard to lie in in the morning in the rooms overlooking the road because of the noise (overnight, it was quite peaceful) iii) room service menu is limited iv) TV channels are limited v) the final receipt was very complicated (breakfast is complimentary but is shown as being charged then discounted, and everything is shown with tax separate, so there are three different entries for every night's accommodation - room charge and two taxes). Another issue I had was that housekeeping kept putting my air conditioning on very cold when they came in to turn down the bed in the evening, although they stopped doing that when I asked. Overall, a very good hotel and could be great if they address some of these issues.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I wasn’t terribly fond of this hotel, but below are my thoughts:

Pros:
• Great location
• Friendly, helpful staff
• Very cool roof deck

Cons:
• Tiny room (and this is coming from a New Yorker)
• The bottom two thirds of the window were hazed so you couldn’t see out of them. I HATED this—it kind of felt like a prison cell because not only was there a bad view…there was no view. If I stood on the bed I could make out some buildings.
• The shower door opened inward, so water would splash everywhere while you were waiting for it to get warm, or, you could turn it on and kind of hide behind the showerhead until it got warm while getting splashed with cold water.
• Every time the room was cleaned all the lights were turned on as well as music, so every time you got back you’d have to turn off all the lights and the music. Kind of annoying.
• Bathroom door did not muffle noise so I would only recommend traveling with someone you’re very comfortable with (if you know what I mean).
• Three soft, lumpy pillows for the bed.
• One time we asked for them to call a taxi for us but they had the hotel car sent instead (twice the amount a taxi would have been).
• No coffeemaker in the room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cthardin
Marina S, Gerente at Hotel Habita, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Mr. Hardin:
thank you for your comments, as I see, you stayed in our Superior Queen room, for your next visit please contact our call center through our webpage www.hotelhabita.com they can help you with good rates for all categories (which have balconies and bigger shower).
we have different types of pillows upon request so you can have a better rest. I hope you do give us the chance to have you with us again and discover all the choices we have to enhace your experience at Hotel Habita.
Thanks again for your comments, best regards

Travelers are raving about these Mexico City hotels

Guadalajara, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I used to live in Mexico City few years ago and I was frequent to the rooftop bar. Now that I live outside I like to try hotels near the Polanco/Reforma/Condesa area to "feel" the city that I like so much.

Booked the Habita for a business trip and I've always thinked that design hotels doesn't fit for a nice work enviroment but this hotel does it. Location and facilites are enough to rest, have fun and work.

However, I must say that I always feel at Habita Group hotels a strong preference to give the gresatest level of service to foreign travelers and tourists. This happens only with the front desk employees. The remaining staff (bar, restaurants, bell boys) are very kind and efficient.

Rooms are ok and shower pressure could be stronger. Beds are comfortable and the noise that everyone else complains is juts the price to be in the best neighborhood you can be.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Lisbon, Portugal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Never an issue to stay at the Habita. I have tried many Mexico City hotels. The good out weigh any negatives. The energy, kind attentive staff, and location make you feel as if you're home. Habita offers that mix of hotel and urban living feeling. Which as a traveler I do like. Was staying at Las Alcobas for 3 nights and decided to spend two back at the Habita. It could use upgrades and could always step up in certain areas, but it never disappoints. They also fixed the wifi. Had no issue at all. Was quick and reliable. Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: High floor on La Martine side
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Marina S, Gerente at Hotel Habita, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Ammenny:
always great to have you back with us! wW will keep doing our best to give you the best service. looking forward to have you at Hotel Habita again
Devizes, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

After being taken in by the Habita website we were very disappointed by our experience.

Rooms: comfortable beds but rooms rather stark and really nothing special. Of course the minimal design could be the cause of this but we have stayed in many design hotels that manage to be minimal/designer and cosy at the same time. These rooms didn't. We did not like the shabby grey carpets which really need replacing and we did not like the sink being in the room and in a carpeted area.

Noise: the hotel tends to attract a party crowd at the weekend and this brings with it a certain volume. In addition, the location on a busy street means that the traffic can be quite troublesome also. Nothing that a pair of earplugs won't cope with though.

Food & Beverage: great rooftop bar. breakfast service was also great on the Saturday and Monday but on the Sunday there was a skeleton staff and the service was not as thorough as on the other two days. We were mostly very disappointed that on the Sunday evening, upon returning to the hotel for a nightcap at 10:45pm, we were told that all bars closed at 10 which is not what you would expect for a hotel of this standard. I do not accept that this is a legal requirement as the hotel around the corner where we ultimately ended up were able to service us. Poor show Habita!

Falls short of what I would expect from a Leading Hotel of the World and their inspectors need to be a lot more thorough in their membership criteria...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Marina S, Gerente at Hotel Habita, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear Bowbell:
thank you for your comments, Regarding the service hours on weekends: we already made changes to the service hours at the rooftop bar. Also we have made adjusment in the restaurant for having a better service throughout all the week.
I hope you can visit us again in the future to see by yourself that all of your comments have been taken in consideration and we are working on every detail. Best Regards